Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Does Pacman even have pathfinding? Isn't it entirely waypoint based? It just sends the ghosts to an intersection and then chooses the route that.. oh, right. I guess it does.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
In terms of receiving packages, today was a good day.

These two eternal battery chargers from Amazon arrived today even though I I had them shipped on 3 - 5 day shipping (I ordered them at 11pm on Thursday). I'm debating on using them tonight by driving up to someplace to kill some enemy targets. But if anything I will wait till Monday since its 40 degrees out tonight.

Then I received my preorder of Mutants and Masterminds Supernatural Handbook... which I forgot I preordered. I probably wont use it for a while but receiving it on a big wasteful box filled with styrofoam peanuts was worth it.

-Sent via a cybernetic device.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
We closed the restaurant last week, tuesday night to be exact. Last weekend we also found an old copy of my dad's will which was written shortly after he purchased the property the restaurant was built on. It was a will my mom did not know about. On it he said he wanted this one property which was supposed to go to me (as stated in the divorce settlement) to go to me. He wanted the property the restaurant was on to go to my brother and I with the stipulation that it could never be sold, everything else was to be divided equally. The things which were outlined in my mom and his divorce settlement, and the creation of the family trust, was what he wanted a decade before it happened.

In the end, my half brothers and sisters were jealous and fighting each other for nothing. They were never going to get our property and they were never going to get our restaurant. Now, they will get nothing since the conservator wants to sell all my dad's other properties since the conservator doesn't know anything about property management and did not want to bother managing it (wtf) . On the bright side, on my brother's legal and my mom's divorce attorney's legal advice, my mom hired an attack dog attorney to go after the conservator and to have the judge compel her to release the properties she was holding into the trust, to go after a promissory note worth 750k (also mentioned in the trust) and damages for all the financial hardships we went trough as a result of the conservator changing the mailing address for the business and for her holding onto our mail for over a month. Yeah, it's time to get out the pop-corn cause it just got real.

On the gaming side of things, I hate wanting to do a game but not really having ideas for it beyond a strange mix of things... Like I want to so something mythic... like Baron Munchausen meet the old west but written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki, Neil Gaimen, and Quentin Tarantino. But beyond a few ideas... nothing pops into my mind that really forms a coherent vision*.

* I see 1900s - 1920s tech in a desert enviroment, airships like those in the John Carter movie,r Howl's Moving Castle and Laputa: Castle in the Sky (think a long air-frame with dragonfly like wings) and low powered super humans running around actinglike western desperados, lawmen, or even errant knights. Together it seems like it fits many of my games and would work well in an anime and rpg but I can't think of a context which doesn't make it seem like it's a rehash of several setting elements I like to play with.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I see 1900s - 1920s tech in a desert enviroment, airships like those in the John Carter movie,r Howl's Moving Castle and Laputa: Castle in the Sky (think a long air-frame with dragonfly like wings) and low powered super humans running around actinglike western desperados, lawmen, or even errant knights. Together it seems like it fits many of my games and would work well in an anime and rpg but I can't think of a context which doesn't make it seem like it's a rehash of several setting elements I like to play with.

I might be able to help you here: my best EVER campaign as a GM was a supers game in which I used HERO as the system, and Space:1889 as the backbone of the setting. To that, I added whatever Wellsian/Vernian elements they left out, the Kung Fu, Wild Wild West and The Adventures of Briscoe County, Jr. TV shows (and other Weird West elements), brought in some Michael Moorcock's Bastable stuff, Gibson's Difference Engine, a dash of Alien Nation, some of Marvel Comic's Mandarin, Namor & Iron Man stuff, some James Bond storylines, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., a D&D lich, and the American Indian Movement.

My players added in some anime and other appropriate sources, including symphonic music and a period-correct strongman.

When I resurrected this setting for a different group more than a decade later, I threw in some Planet of the Apes/Gorilla Grodd, X-Men, The Island of Dr. Moreau, Spring Heeled Jack, Batman (Gotham by Gaslight), League of Extraordinary Gentlemenand so forth.

The players, in turn, seasoned the pot with characters inspired by Dr. Who, the Flash, Bullseye, Pusher and others.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases