Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Popping in for my bi-weekly visit to see what is up. Headed to a game store and a comic shop today. Still running two games of Eberron plus some other on the side stuff. Just learned I have a particially blocked heart. Not good. rather than feeling sorry for myself I'm shopping (while I can). Guardians next weekend :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Popping in for my bi-weekly visit to see what is up. Headed to a game store and a comic shop today. Still running two games of Eberron plus some other on the side stuff. Just learned I have a partially blocked heart. Not good. rather than feeling sorry for myself I'm shopping (while I can). Guardians next weekend :)

Dude! bummer news! I just had a echo cardiogram done Saturday to see if I have any problems like that! Waiting for the doc visit still.

ps: having a good day, just walked 1 mile without a rest brake!

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Just got the power back on, and we have a tech casualty: looks like my Verizon DVR/Cable box died.:.-(

I had 30+% of my drive occupied by recorded musical performances, plus a J-horror film I wanted to watch with a buddy, several episodes or Top Gear, and, of course, all my weekly shows that I was recording.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Just got the power back on, and we have a tech casualty: looks like my Verizon DVR/Cable box died.:.-(

I had 30+% of my drive occupied by recorded musical performances, plus a J-horror film I wanted to watch with a buddy, several episodes or Top Gear, and, of course, all my weekly shows that I was recording.
AAAARRRRGGGGhhhhhhhhh! ! ! ! ! That is no fun *sad*

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Speaking of sad- GENUINELY real stuff went down this week, too. Puts everything in perspective.

A long-time family friend got fired AND told to move out by her son. One daughter- who tossed her out on
Mothers' Day @4 years ago and dicked her over other times as well- was sympathetic. Sharp serpent's teeth, indeed...:hmm:

And today, someone I know died after a long and valiant struggle against cancer. We weren't friends- I never had the time to get as close as I wanted- but we were always, always friendly. Genuinely great guy, musician, family man. Sorry to see him go, but glad his pain is over.

Speaking of sad- GENUINELY real stuff went down this week, too. Puts everything in perspective.

A long-time family friend got fired AND told to move out by her son. One daughter- who tossed her out on
Mothers' Day @4 years ago and dicked her over other times as well- was sympathetic. Sharp serpent's teeth, indeed...:hmm:

And today, someone I know died after a long and valiant struggle against cancer. We weren't friends- I never had the time to get as close as I wanted- but we were always, always friendly. Genuinely great guy, musician, family man. Sorry to see him go, but glad his pain is over.

*Sends hugs*

Went to the DnD shop (Zombie Planet in Albany NY) and bought....well too much.

Headed north to Saratoga Springs to visit the relocated comic shop Comic Depot and stopped with a strange hunch and feeling.

We lost our first dog to Lyme Disease about 20 months ago. The wife has been wanting a new pup since this winter. Specifically a Black lab. So I've been watching for one ever since May. The strange feeling I got drew me to Pet Smart in Saratoga. Chrissy, a 9 week old Black lab mixed breed rescue dog is the newest member of the Farrell family.

Remove ads