Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Cat'seye Nebulea-NASA.jpg

eye roll

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am thinking yes as well. post count wise. As for length of existence, well . . . . there are some long running games going on.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I am thinking yes as well. post count wise. As for length of existence, well . . . . there are some long running games going on.

Too bad we can't add all of the Hive threads together to create the ultimate Hive Thread! And too bad the Hive wasn't active like it once was. This thread would be freaking ridiculous in length if that were the case.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
[mostinterestingmanintheworld]I don't do much online shopping, but when I do, I'm serious about it.[/mostinterestingmanintheworld]. And yet, several times over the past 18 months, I have encountered retailers that don't bother to monitor and/or update their websites, costing me purchases.

Some highlights:

1) I've had my overnight online purchase of a guitar negated by an in-store sale the following morning.

2) I've had a transaction cancelled because the last available unit was defective. (I appreciate this, but shouldn't they have figured this out beforehand?)

3) During the hunt for one particular guitar, I actually had the maker ascertain whether a certain website was accurately listing a whole flotilla of them, only to find out that page hadn't been updated in more than a year- all had been sold.

4) several retailers I emailed sales inquiries to have not answered. They've had weeks if not months. Some are rumored to have gone out of business- I'm investigating this- but others are CLEARLY announcing new sales and products.

And why am I venting tonight? Well, after completing a transaction for a pedal this weekend while all the online sales were going on, just a few minutes ago, I received notification that the transaction was cancelled due to lack of availability. Not only will I not get my pedal in 2 days, if I can find another, it will probably cost me an extra $50.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases