Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
Staples just sent me a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $10 or more - So I just bought three big 3.5 oz. Ghirardelli dark chocolate bars and pad of graph paper for $1.98...

Even better...

I just found a used copy of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, GotY Edition for PC at the Goodwill Store for $4.24... :cool:

On the down side, it's now almost midnight and as much as I want to, I'm not stupid enough to start playing it right now cuz I'd like to get to sleep sometime before Friday, lol...

Staples just sent me a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $10 or more - So I just bought three big 3.5 oz. Ghirardelli dark chocolate bars and pad of graph paper for $1.98...

Even better...

I just found a used copy of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, GotY Edition for PC at the Goodwill Store for $4.24... :cool:

On the down side, it's now almost midnight and as much as I want to, I'm not stupid enough to start playing it right now cuz I'd like to get to sleep sometime before Friday, lol...
I would recommend a "better face" mod of some kind. Now, I am not saying that the inhabitants of Cyrodiil are descended from Mr. Potato Head...

...But there certainly is some "family resemblance". ;)

"He was brought across in twelve twenty-eight. Preyed on humans for their blood. Now he seeks to become mortal again. To repay society for his sins. To leave behind his world of darkness. His endless...forever night."

The sets ranged from good to sad, the special effects sometimes wrapped around to "so bad it's good", the plot was fairly cliche even then, the major characters were spot-on, the writing ranged from B-movie terrible to could twist your brain like Something From Beyond and the entire thing had that sort of magic an actor or director might achieve once in their career.

Last edited:

Mad_Jack

Legend
Forever Knight... Good stuff. Yeah, there was just something about that show that was better than the sum of it's parts.
One of the few shows where most of the vampires were actually good characters instead of cardboard cutouts or stereotypes.

Not sure I'll bother looking up any mods for Oblivion - I'm one of those guys who plays a game for a week or a month, running around goofing off and using cheats, and then never looks at it for another year or two... I was playing it on the PS3 before I sold my system a couple years back, didn't really bother doing much of the main quest.
I may have to go see if there are any truly ridiculous mods out there that turn all the people naked or something, lol.

Not sure I'll bother looking up any mods for Oblivion - I'm one of those guys who plays a game for a week or a month, running around goofing off and using cheats, and then never looks at it for another year or two... I was playing it on the PS3 before I sold my system a couple years back, didn't really bother doing much of the main quest.
I may have to go see if there are any truly ridiculous mods out there that turn all the people naked or something, lol.
There are a lot of good mods; unlike what you may expect, many of them make the game harder; many of those through adding "realistic" elements. For example, the need to eat, sleep, drink; harsher and more "realistic" diseases and poisons; expand on factions with entire quests, such as joining the Imperial Watch; balance magic; add crafting, mining, cooking; even re-add abilities that previous games had, such as levitation and climbing; albeit without appropriate animations. There are also "look and feel" mods, such as the "open cities" series, which moves many of the cities from their own cell and places them into the world, so you can ride your horse into the city; or the "better cities" series, which adds many new features and general "liveliness" to the cities, such as more stores, functional banks, NPCs, statues, and other such. There are also combat mods to make combat more deadly, rebalance sneak attacks, reduce the rate of armour degradation (which is very fast in unmodified Oblivion), increase movement rates for both PC and NPCs (Oblivion's unmodified movement rates has such things as running speeds about as fast as I can walk), increase the deadliness of weapons (unmodified Oblivion combat can be something of a hit point slog); and many, many, many others.

I would also strongly recommend the "Unofficial Patch Mod". :)

Finally, each Elder Scrolls game can be beaten in a rather short period of time by simply following the main quest doggedly - Or dived into like a full, living and breathing world whose lore will take your breath away. Visit a bookstore in the game for more information. It only looks normal on the surface...

Are there any cheats for Path of Exile?
There are always cheats, kid. It's just that sometimes you need a hexadecimal editor to access them. ;)

The traditional marker of an Edit: I especially like Neverwinter Nights 1's response to, say, finding that "$0F" in your save file and changing it to, say, "$32"; namely, increasing your challenge rating, and thus the level of the generated monsters. Too many game developers, I find, make too much of a fuss about their singleplayer campaign.

Last edited:

Remove ads