Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

My very first DnD game I was in the process of rolling up a human fighter when I was asked to roll vs poisons. Confused I was given a die and told to roll it. I rolled and thought it was extremely good but no- I died before being completely made and then (a ghoul had attacked me) my would-be teammates killed me again before I even understood what had happened.

That was over 20 years ago.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Huh? .. .. .. .. How?.. .. .. .. What????
In Traveller you can choose backgrounds for you character. Some of these are by nature dangerous. Having a long military career in character generation can give you an older, but very very capable, character. The downside being that injuries and death are options when going through the career. So you can die in character generation. And this one time, the whole party died before they even made it to the game.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I, too, was a victim of Traveller's character generation system once- a long military career ended the hard way.

The D&D story, though, is unique.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Wait... how is that possible to even die during character creation?!?!?

That's for Mega. I mean hell, what kind of campaign was it where there is a pre character creation encounter anyway? If you ae going to do that then why not roll a save vs death to see if your chatacter was aborted as a fetus.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Our gang used to die regularly while generating Traveller characters. We always thought it was odd but had asked others who played and found it was not unusual.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Ooo-Tay!!!

Our spacemen seeded the Temple of the Froggy.

707387-billy_laughlin1.jpg

Wait... how is that possible to even die during character creation?!?!?

That's for Mega. I mean hell, what kind of campaign was it where there is a pre character creation encounter anyway? If you ae going to do that then why not roll a save vs death to see if your chatacter was aborted as a fetus.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, it was Ravenlofts Goblin Crown. I finally gave in to check out DnD (you know that satan thing) and they asked me many questions as I sat at the table. They were putting together my character even as the game had resumed from the prior week.

I was hooked

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases