General Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within - Page 81




What's on your mind?

  1. #801
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Blackrat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sauna
    Posts
    8,407
    Blog Entries
    23

    Ignore Blackrat
    My communities:

    As much as I hate coming to ENW nowdays, welcome back Goldie!
    Back to PBP:
    After Earth, OOC, RG

 

  • #802
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrat View Post
    As much as I hate coming to ENW nowdays, welcome back Goldie!
    Thanks Blackrat! Has something gone bad with ENworld? I notice that the hive is not active as it once was.
    The Amazon formerly known as Goldmoon

  • #803
    Registered User
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

    Relique du Madde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Posts
    11,750
    Blog Entries
    13
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Relique du Madde
    My communities:

    Aside from the Frupocalypse...

    Enworld made lot of spontaneous changes to the site that pissed off many people (ie it becoming a "buisness"). Also a bunch of drama which carried over from both CM and other sites that led to permabans (though not of hive members), as a result some people don't think ENW is as friendly of a site as it was before and some left.

  • #804
    Registered User
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

    Relique du Madde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Posts
    11,750
    Blog Entries
    13
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Relique du Madde
    My communities:

    Elsewhere I've stated that Avengers vs Wolverine will end up being about Wolverine cutting as a result of his watching all his friends fight each other and his inability to choose a side without pissing people off..



    Looks like I'm right.

  • #805
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Blackrat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sauna
    Posts
    8,407
    Blog Entries
    23

    Ignore Blackrat
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Eponine View Post
    Thanks Blackrat! Has something gone bad with ENworld? I notice that the hive is not active as it once was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relique du Madde View Post
    Aside from the Frupocalypse...

    Enworld made lot of spontaneous changes to the site that pissed off many people (ie it becoming a "buisness"). Also a bunch of drama which carried over from both CM and other sites that led to permabans (though not of hive members), as a result some people don't think ENW is as friendly of a site as it was before and some left.
    Pretty much this. ENW isn't the site I knew anymore. Plus it being freaking slow when I actually try to come here...
    Back to PBP:
    After Earth, OOC, RG

  • #806
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Dog Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Dog's War Room
    Posts
    7,839
    Blog Entries
    2

    Ignore Dog Moon
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Relique du Madde View Post
    Aside from the Frupocalypse...
    For me, this was pretty much it. I came to EnWorld for the Hivemind and browsed the rest of the site while waiting for other people to respond. Once the "Frupocalypse" happened and the Hive slowed, my interest sort began to wan. Then I think 4e sorta came by at that time and the whole 3e v 4e thing further ruined my interest. I tend to check EnWorld for a minute or two each day, see if there's anything interesting, sometimes post, usually don't, and then go off on my own way.

    Also, back then, it seemed like I knew more people that ended up just chatting in random threads. I remember once Nightfall and I totally jacked some other person's thread and started talking about random things.

    Ahhhh, those were the days.
    Stupid Firenewt debating Intelligent Ratroo:
    Firenewt: cheese no come from cow
    Ratroo: Yes, it does
    Firenewt: When me eat cow, me no see cheese
    Bring back Nightfall
    Monsters and Villians To Be Updated Soon!
    Darkness has broken the code of silence and will be illuminated.

  • #807
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Aeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Marietta, ga
    Posts
    12,900

    Ignore Aeson
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Relique du Madde View Post
    Aside from the Frupocalypse...

    Enworld made lot of spontaneous changes to the site that pissed off many people (ie it becoming a "buisness"). Also a bunch of drama which carried over from both CM and other sites that led to permabans (though not of hive members), as a result some people don't think ENW is as friendly of a site as it was before and some left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrat View Post
    Pretty much this. ENW isn't the site I knew anymore. Plus it being freaking slow when I actually try to come here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Moon View Post
    For me, this was pretty much it. I came to EnWorld for the Hivemind and browsed the rest of the site while waiting for other people to respond. Once the "Frupocalypse" happened and the Hive slowed, my interest sort began to wan. Then I think 4e sorta came by at that time and the whole 3e v 4e thing further ruined my interest. I tend to check EnWorld for a minute or two each day, see if there's anything interesting, sometimes post, usually don't, and then go off on my own way.

    Also, back then, it seemed like I knew more people that ended up just chatting in random threads. I remember once Nightfall and I totally jacked some other person's thread and started talking about random things.

    Ahhhh, those were the days.
    That's why we all went somewhere else. Except Dog Moon hasn't been there in awhile.

  • #808
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Dog Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Dog's War Room
    Posts
    7,839
    Blog Entries
    2

    Ignore Dog Moon
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Eponine View Post
    Thanks Blackrat! Has something gone bad with ENworld? I notice that the hive is not active as it once was.
    I feel like this is an understatement. I remember when we would go through an entire 1000 posts within like a week. In April, this single thread will have reach an entire year.

    Oh, and since I didn't mention this before, welcome back!
    Stupid Firenewt debating Intelligent Ratroo:
    Firenewt: cheese no come from cow
    Ratroo: Yes, it does
    Firenewt: When me eat cow, me no see cheese
    Bring back Nightfall
    Monsters and Villians To Be Updated Soon!
    Darkness has broken the code of silence and will be illuminated.

  • #809
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Aeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Marietta, ga
    Posts
    12,900

    Ignore Aeson
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Eponine View Post
    Well, Epps is obvious, Boomstick is because I always carry the shotgun and the goat whisperer isnt as fun as you might think. One of our pieces of tracking equipment is lovingly referred to as the "goat rope" because it's a piece of crap but it's all we have. I seem to be the only one that can get it to work properly most of the time, hence "Goat whisperer"
    It just needed a woman's touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eponine View Post
    In other news, I really hate my hair right now. I keep it short and dyed black when I'm in the field but now that I'm not I really hate it this way. When it starts growing out, I'm left with these flaming red roots and jet black everything else. It looks hideous. My roots are beginning to show and I am avoiding mirrors for the time being.
    I bet it doesn't look that bad. I'm willing to share my opinion if I see a picture.

  • #810
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Dog Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Dog's War Room
    Posts
    7,839
    Blog Entries
    2

    Ignore Dog Moon
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    That's why we all went somewhere else. Except Dog Moon hasn't been there in awhile.
    Hrm, I think in the beginning I was still too comfortable with EnWorld. Then I totally forgot about it...
    Stupid Firenewt debating Intelligent Ratroo:
    Firenewt: cheese no come from cow
    Ratroo: Yes, it does
    Firenewt: When me eat cow, me no see cheese
    Bring back Nightfall
    Monsters and Villians To Be Updated Soon!
    Darkness has broken the code of silence and will be illuminated.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 81 of 288 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131181 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Hungry, Hungry Mimics! [SHACKLED CITY]
      By Shawn_Kehoe in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Friday, 15th September, 2006, 03:55 PM
    2. Hitch Hiker's Guide random thoughts
      By Mystery Man in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th February, 2005, 11:15 PM
    3. Hurried Checks
      By takyris in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Monday, 3rd May, 2004, 05:37 PM
    4. Replies: 237
      Last Post: Monday, 17th November, 2003, 09:26 PM
    5. If you enjoy hiking (humor)
      By KnowTheToe in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th April, 2003, 09:37 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •