Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

*sniff sniff*

Do I smell a dynasty?

Doubtful.... the next tournament is a build set. No luck (beyond the dice) involved. I have an extremely nasty point person with tons of support (outwit x2, Perplex x3, Support (healing) x3 and someone that if set up right does 8 clixes of damage with the defender at a -5 and defenseless against outwit.

Won't play until late Febuary however.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Happy man is happy first.
Haggert the beggard knew nothing of worry.
Hurried, not worried, just living his life.
Hungry and thirsty, but still satisfied.
Hitch, said the witch, but he'd thought it a boast.
Hiking across town with portable toast.
Hired, but tired, he'd given all up.
Henchmen to wizards down't last long at all.
Hivers and divers, thrillers and shiners
.... apply within.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I know as much about the Forgotten Realms as I do about post-Glasnost Bulgarian ceramic art, but why exactly do they call them forgotten?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I think it's because you literally need to buy every Forgotten Realms book to know what's happening but by the time you read them all you forget everything except Elimister = teh Awesomestness who bangs goddesses THEN DUMPS THEM WITHOUT REPERCUSSIONS!

Been otherwise keeping myself busy with Facebook's Superhero City..... without a "team" you really can't go far. sigh....story of my life.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
That's how most Facebook games work. They shame you into having to find strangers that play them by making them unplayable without 100s of 'friends'

-Sent via tappatalk

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I've always liked the Forgotten Realms [maybe due to the fact that it was the first campaign setting I was introduced into]. Lots of different areas you can play in with different feels and lots of different organizations that you can use to make the game more interesting. And the Faiths and Pantheons books covering the religious lore of the deities are still among my favorite rpg books ever. So much detail, so much greatness.

As for the super powered NPCs... well, we joked about them at our game, but we never really used them. We sort of just assumed they were busy dealing with the other threats of the world that we didn't want to deal with at the time. The world is just so enormous that it made sense that unless we happened to be knocking on Elminsters door we were beyond notice.

So I guess you could say we took the cool things about the Realms and pretty much ignored all the ridiculousness that other people seem to hate so much. Which is the cool thing about running settings at your home: you can do that.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Generation Hope has been cancled... through from the sounds of it they planned to kill that book heading into Avengers vs X-Men.

If you care about the whole "X-Man Schism" that makes...

Blue Team
1. Uncanny X-Men
2. X-Men
3. New Mutants

Gold Team
1. Wolverine and the X-Men
2. X-Men: Legacy
3. X-Force
4. X-Factor.
5. Astonishing X-Men (Starting in March. Two arcs have been planned already)

Scott and Utopia is not looking so good considering that X-Men and New Mutants are nearing the "20,000 reader" kill point.

Post Avenger vs X-Men there will be one new X-Book (it was already hinted), so it most likely will end up being "New X-Men" and will cover the San Francisco street team. If they will operate out of Westchester or Utopia is unknown. HOWEVER, I have a feeling Utopia is going to sink and New Mutants will be canceled so... GO GOLD!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases