1001 minor traits for magic swords

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
11. the sword tell you which way north is .. .. .. ..literally tells you:
"its further to the left , dummy!"

darjr

I crit!
12) The sword glitters and flashes in even the dimmest light, distracting your opponents and giving you an advantage.

Using an attack you roll to hit AC10 and if you succeed you get the benefits of a successful 'Aid another'. Either a +2 to your next attack on that opponent, or a +2 to your AC from that opponents next attack.

darjr

I crit!
13) Hairsplitter. It's super sharp and never goes dull. Once a day it'll trim your hair and beard and mustache to taste.

darjr

I crit!
15) Gibbering blade. A sword that gibbers and mumbles things man was not meant to know. Always just out of understanding but clear enough to be disturbing.

You can be heard, -5 to all stealth or silent movement. +5 DC for all enemies in earshot against fear effects.

Maybe add a few charges of the fear spell.

Dunno if it's balanced and probably out of the scope of the OP.

darjr

I crit!
16) Pole Vault.

A wooden pole 8 to 10 feet in length. Upon a spoken secret command word it unravles like a scroll to reveal a door to a non-dimensional space about the size of a closet or warddrobe. The pole always weighs the same as a wooden 8 to 10 foot pole regardless of contents. The command word can be spoken from inside the space.

Edit: oops, not a sword. Sorry man. I'll make up for it.

Last edited:

Nookie

Explorer
17) web slicer: +1 to rolls involving escaping a net or web.

18) Minor bane: Deals +1 damage to a specific type of creature.

19) It likes you: The sword likes you and will find its way back to you 1d4 days after you loose it but not if its given away or sold.

20) Detection: Glows when a specific type of enemy is within 30 feet.

21) Sweet Talker: +1 luck bonus to damage for one round if you make a sucessful Deplomacy check Dc 15.

Remove ads