1001 minor traits for magic swords

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
59) Chilly: When unsheathed, this weapon causes the temperature to drop by 5 degrees within a 5' radius circle, centered on the weapon.

60) Warm: When unsheathed, this weapon causes the temperature to rise by 5 degrees within a 5' radius circle, centered on the weapon.
Centered on the weapon? What happens if I dual wield them?

Dingo333

First Post
65) Heliblade: By spinning this blade above your head, you gain the benefit of a levitate spell for as long as you spin this blade

66) Boomerang blade: this blade is horribly bent and looks unusable. In reality, this blade is perfect for throwing and can be used as a thrown weapon out to 20ft. This blade also returns shortly after being thrown (by your next turn)

Falariel

First Post
69) One Size Fits All:* This weapon automatically shrinks or grows to fit the size of the wielder.

*number of trait and name of trait honestly have nothing to do with one another... I'm so sorry.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
70) The Blade of the Immortal. This is a superb masterwork bastard sword. It appears to be made of a red-black metal resembling steel. There are shapes of monsters moving across the face of the blade as if shadows cast by those same monsters. The blade can not be scarred, cut, bent or shattered. It is immune to all non-magical damage and all spells from the school of transmutation. It can not be enchanted.

71) The Blade of the Apprentice. This thin short sword grants the wielder +1 to initiative and makes the wearer immune to cantrips.

66) Boomerang blade: this blade is horribly bent and looks unusable. In reality, this blade is perfect for throwing and can be used as a thrown weapon out to 20ft. This blade also returns shortly after being thrown (by your next turn)

I wouldn't say that's a minor trait; that's at least a +1 throwing, returning longsword.

And, to keep the game going ...

72) Scrounger: Once per week, this bearer of this sword can find 1d20gp worth of materials useful as the raw materials required for a Craft check.

Last edited:

Aramax

First Post
73-Friend,say come hither Friend and the blade springs to your hand from up to 30' away(similar to another I know)

74-Baby Slayer +1,+2 vrs women,+3 vrs unarmed humanoids, +6 vrs infants

I think This is my most sucsessful thread!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
76 Goblin's bane: when command word 1 is spoken, up 1000 words spoken are remembered. when command word 2 is spoken, these words are displayed in a streameaming scorr accross the blade. during this mode, the advanced commands of pause, play, forward, reverse and stop can also be used.

since goblins abhor the written word in fear of it bieng magical this blade's ability to produce written words cause all goblins within 30 feet to be shaken if they save vs fear (will dc 25) or stand in terror (helpless) if they fail. This only works on goblins.

Remove ads