1001 minor traits for magic swords

Nookie

Explorer
111) Rat death: when a critical hit is scored with this blade it teporarily calls forth a small number of undead rodents that bite the target for an additional 1d4 damage total. These undead rodents than commence to be just dead.

112) Critical Blade: This sword is always overly critical of your every move and tells you when it thinks your doing something wrong Which is always. However sometimes the advice it gives is actually useful one time per day the sword can use an aid another action on any task to help you.

darjr

I crit!
113) Twins: This is one sword with one sheath, however upon a spoken command word it splits into two identical blades. The same command word forces the two blades back as one.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
113) Twins: This is one sword with one sheath, however upon a spoken command word it splits into two identical blades. The same command word forces the two blades back as one.

I need to spread more apple butter before i toast you again

Ampersand999

First Post
114) Umbrella sword. A secret button located where the grip and the cross guard meet allows you to retract the blade into the grip and a umbrella appears in its place. A second secret button allows you to open up the umbrella. Swords must be at least the same size as a short sword or greater in order for this to work.
115) Backfire. A cursed blade of sorts, the spherical pommel of this sword, when any part of the sword is touch, grows big as a bowling ball and lands on the ground, doing 1d6 points of damage. And if you really want it to be cursed, turn it into a sphere of annihilation (again, about the size of a bowling bowl) that consumes everything except that sword for 1d6 hours. After either effect, a new pommel appears, and everything reset for the next time the sword is touched.

Rpjunkie

First Post
another sword trait

This one came to mind after seeing the wonderful "Pay day"

Pay the Price: Whenever you score a critical failure, 1d6 copper is magically removed from your purse and appears in the nearest church donation box.

RPJ

Nookie

Explorer
This one came to mind after seeing the wonderful "Pay day"

Pay the Price: Whenever you score a critical failure, 1d6 copper is magically removed from your purse and appears in the nearest church donation box.

RPJ

Im calling "Pay the price" # 116

117) Fighters Blade: The weapon when wielded by a fighter grants a +1 on the role to back a critical.

118) Rogues Blade: The blade when wielded by a rogue grants an additional +1 to hit when flanking.

119) Clerics blade: This weapon may be used as a holy symbol when wielded by a cleric. 3 additional dice of damage can be added per day to the characters channel damage. These do not all need to be used in the same channel.

120) Wizards Blade: Once per day when wielded by a wizard this weapon can lend magical energy to a spell acting as a material component. (this dose not consume the blade as it would a material component) of up to 10 Gp value.

121) Druid Blade: When wielded by a druid this weapon allows the druid to ad 1 hour to the duration of his wild shape ability.

122) Bards Blade: +1 round of bardic music per day.

123) Monks blade: This weapon counts as a monk weapon weather is normally is or not.

124) Paladin Blade: This weapon when wielded by a paladin (anti paladin versions exist as well) Your level counts as 1 higher for how much damage your Smite evil ability dose.

125) ranger Blade: +1 additional bonus on damage against a favored enemy when wielded by a ranger.

126) Sorcerer Blade: You get one more use or one more round of use from your level 1 sorcerer power each day.

127) Barbarian Blade: you are not fatigued the first time you rage each day.

128) Alchemical Blade: This weapon can be used 1/day by an alchemist to stir one of her explosive concoctions (I.e. bombs) making a more volatile mixture. allowing the bomb to do an additional 1d6 points of damage.

129) Cavaliers blade: The cavaliers level counts as one higher when calculating the bonus damage from a challenge.

130) Inquisitors blade: +1 to stern gaze rolls.

131) Oracles blade: When Wielded this blade causes the oracle to count as one level higher when determining the effect of her curse. However this comes at a price whenever the blade is sheathed or otherwise no wielded by the Oracle she counts as one level lower for curse effects.

132) Summoner Blade: When Wielded by a summoner this blade allows the Eidolon to travel double the normal distance away from the summoner as it would normally be allowed.

133) Witch blade: A witches level counts as one higher when determining her familiars ability when wielding this blade.

(i would do some for Magus and the other new classes coming out but i don't really know much about them.)

messy

Explorer
1568065-great_thread1.thumbnail_thumb.jpg

Aluvial

Explorer
134) Painter's Blade (the Picasso) Different color paint (ROYGBIV?) constantly drips from the blade. On a critical hit, all within 5' are coated in that color. EDIT: I suppose this would make tracking the individual automatic.

Falariel

First Post
Celebrating 13 years of marriage, so I thought of this trait. Maybe overpowered, but whatever... :p

135) Marriage Blade-This blade is one of a pair of blades. The bearer of one of the blades can, when concentrating, know the general direction and health of the wielder of the other.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases