Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
The Vault of Larin Karr

Tylara has a flash of a mental image of a huge watery grin just as the elemental heads homeward.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan waits a few seconds, still staring at the ceiling. Finally satisfied that nothing is going to happen, he relaxes and smiles at the others.

"That's the adventuring life. Now lets go put this plug where I thing it goes."

He begins heading back to the room with the trapped doors, the others presumably following.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I guess back to the three doors to plug in there. The question is when we get there,which way to torn it. 9:00 or 3:00?" A moment of thought, then, "I guess there could be a lot of things that could go wrong."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Vault of Larin Karr

[sblock=DeWar]Are you sure you don't want to edit that last post? Kerlan already turned the plug to 9 o'clock and successfully removed it without the water draining from the basin. He is now ready to return to the previous secret room to do something mysterious with the plug. NO, NOT THAT![/sblock]

Scott DeWar

[sblock=DeWar]Are you sure you don't want to edit that last post? Kerlan already turned the plug to 9 o'clock and successfully removed it without the water draining from the basin. He is now ready to return to the previous secret room to do something mysterious with the plug. NO, NOT THAT![/sblock]

OOC: the problem is that I knew what I was thinking, but had not articulated that in my post.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
As they gather in the room of the trapped doors, Kerlan places the plug in the depression in the wall. He does so with the notch at 12:00.

"Be prepared."

With what happened before at the 3:00 position, he decides to start instead by turning the plug to 6:00 first and see what happens.

Scott DeWar

Cappi is about to :):):):) a brick when he sees Kerlin twist the plug. I sharp intake of air and he then holds his breath for what he sees happen.

Leif

Adventurer
The Vault of Larin Karr

Kerlan moves to the secret door [marked as the brown door on the map], the plug in hand and he expertly, almost as if he had foreknowledge of the door's operation, inserts the plug with the notch at 12 o'clock and immediately rotates it to 6 o'clock, causing the door's mechanism to smoothly operate and the door to swing open.

Behind the door is thirty feet of a passageway that opens at its southern end into another room. This room has a very high ceiling at least 35 feet high, so your light does not reach all the way to the top of the room, and the top of the room is shrouded in shadows. The X's on the map mark the positions where six hanged men depend from the ceiling. Their faces are obscured in the darkness, but directly beneath each of the six, the floor is stained a reddish brown color.

Nothing else is visible in the room.

OOC: The map shows the positions of the PCs when Kerlantwisted the plug and opened the secret door with uncanny skill. All PCs should tell me where their characters are located in the room down the passage behind the secret door. The X's on the map of the room represent the hanged men.

Attachments

• LarinKarrsVault17.xls
    26 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases