Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Scotley

Hero
Tylara stares after the ship at the wall where it just faded. "I must say that was not something I expected to see here. Is it possible the scroll case is real?"

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont -- Ship and Scrollcase

The scrollcase is evidently real, because Kerlan, detecting no magic on the scrollcase itself but noting a muted dweomer indicating that one or more objects inside the scrollcase are magical, picks it up and opens it with no difficulty. Inside is a coil of parchment and at the bottom is a ring of gold, nestled within the coil of parchment.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont -- Ship and Scrollcase

Kerlan finds that the coil of parchment inside the scroll-case bears this writing:

"Greetings to my would-be enemies! Although, truthfully, I do not recall having ever done anything against any of you, so why you are so determined to seek out my supposed 'tomb' I really cannot fathom. You have done well to have come this far, and yet you still have very far to go. I would almost have enjoyed meeting you, but alas I fear that the odds of your surviving long enough for that to happen are dismally slim indeed. Still you will, doubtless, continue with your attempt. In the meantime, I shall fortify myself here, and prepare some less-than-welcome surprises for you. Oh, one other thing - you were doubltess somewhat surprised to see my compatriot and friend, Captain Olaf Grimm plying the Ethereal Waterways in the tunnel with you. The good Captain does mean well, but I am afraid that years of exposure to the currents of the Ether with no buffer of magic between him and the vagaries of that feral plane have left him quite mad. You have doubtless not seen the last of him by a good long way!

Cheers and Pleasant Dreams,

(*signed*)Larin Karr

ps- enclosed is a small trinket you may find useful.
pps- in case you still haven't reached this conclusion on your own, I am still very much alive, thanks!"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Can I see the ring?" Asks Cappizzio.

*if given the chance to look at the ring he will first appraise the value of it, then he will cast detect magic and appraise the magical effects.*

Appraise for the value
knowledge arcana for identifying auras
spellcraft check for identifying properties.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Yes that was... spectacular." Simeon says answering Kerlan but not taking his gaze off the wall the pirate ship floated through.

He listens as the scroll is read (I hope it was read out loud) and wonders at this strange turn of events.

"I'm not sure what to make of this. The ghost delivered the message from another ghost?"
he asks hoping this doesn't become some sort of mental puzzle that will need solving.

{{ I'm built for bashing. As any good orc should be. And that's how I'll solve any problems I come up against. The wizards are so much better off having their powers to help them. }}
He thinks to himself and sets to watching the area as the others take interest in the notes "trinket".

Lou

Explorer
Francheska Walova

Francheska takes an impulsive step back as the ghost sails through. "I hate ghosts! They don't burn very well...."

As the scroll is read, Francheska acts like she's listening as she plays with her flame-red hair by twirling the ends around her finger.

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont -- Capizzio and the Ring

Capizzio estimates that the ring has an intrinsic monetary value of 300 gp, from the gold itself and the design carved into it. A Dweomer of magic is definitely detected upon the ring, but specifics of the aura elude Capizzio, other than that the magic of the ring is very, very powerful. He also notes that there is a sort of 'shadow' lingering about the edges of the dweomer, possibly indicating some darker nature to the magic of the ring, but any more specifics elude him just now.

OOC: Post below (#92) edited to relect the success of Kerlan's previous magic detection. Sorry, I missed that the first time through.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Capizzio estimates that the ring has an intrinsic monetary value of 300 gp, from the gold itself and the design carved into it. A Dweomer of magic is definitely detected upon the ring, but specifics of the aura elude Capizzio, other than that the magic of the ring is very, very powerful. He also notes that there is a sort of 'shadow' lingering about the edges of the dweomer, possibly indicating some darker nature to the magic of the ring, but any more specifics elude him just now.

OOC: Post below (#92) edited to relect the success of Kerlan's previous magic detection. Sorry, I missed that the first time through.
Cappi tells every one exactly what he sees on the ring and its value.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan also studies the ring's auras intently. He then uses it to Identify the ring.

EDIT: You caught me in the middle of rolling. Too quick for me you are.

Last edited:

Remove ads