Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont

OOC: Speech being a free action, Capizzio still has his full round's worth of actions coming. Just sayin' ....

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Cappizzio pulls out a scroll and reads it(comprehend language Caster level 5)

Duration 10 min./level
You can understand the spoken words of creatures or read
otherwise incomprehensible written messages. The ability to
read does not necessarily impart insight into the material,
merely its literal meaning. The spell enables you to
understand or read an unknown language, not speak or write
it.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

Capizzio and Simeon are now both able to understand the Bugbear [as is anyone else who speaks orcish - duhh]. The injured creature looks at Simeon and says in orcish, [sblock=bugbear speaking orcish]"You've done well today, orc, with your sorcerous minions. I'm almost as done for as my brothers are, but I'll fight you to the last ounce of my strength to avenge them."[/sblock]The beast speaks, but makes no move to engage any of the enemies before him.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Orcish] "Then your corpse will rot here beside theirs."[/sblock]

Simeon let's the bugbear attack first and then raises his weapon and shield to finish the already wounded beast. The blade clips the bugbear across the shoulder and then Simeon swings his shield out hard. The spike buries itself deep into the creatures chest.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Seeing the fight is over, Manny aborts his spell mid-casting. He almost strangles on the final words as they try to escape his mouth.

OOC: Geez, I need to change that spell out for one with a faster casting time. All of our encounters seem to be over in the first round . . .

Leif

Adventurer
Combat over!

OOC: Yes, you made pretty short work of my bugbears. :( Got to amp-up my game for next time.... Each wizard (and Simeon) receives 650 xp for the battle.

Searching through the charred carnage turns up little but ashes. The few coins present are still too hot to pick up just yet, and burned through whatever pouches/pockets that held them. The weapons carried by the bugbears seem to have once been of quite high quality workmanship but they also have been spoiled by Frannie's 'Bugbear Furnace'.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The words of a spell are almost to Cappy's lips when the bugbear charges Simeon and finds its final rest. "Huh, I guess no chance to interrogate him. They only have scrap iron for weapons it looks."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No need in interrogating them. They wouldn't have told you the truth anyway." Simeon says cleaning his shield and sword. "Shall we move on?"

Leif

Adventurer

The party continues on past the side-cave that used to be full of Bugbears. The passage now has a definite and relatively easily-detectable downward slope now.

[More to come, later.]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases