Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
since talk is constant and a free action, jsut how much can he talk ? I need someone else to answer that question I think. pain meds not helping.

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont [Xorn negotiations]

OOC: DeWar --
Well, in general, if you talk and then make a bluff roll, I'm inclined to think that this particular bluff ends when the roll is made. Then, if you 'talk' another bluff it's kinda stretching it to say that it is also included in the earlier roll, wouldn't you agree? But, in this case, since I hadn't ruled on the first bluff and things were just kinda hanging out there, it's really not a problem. I just thought that this would be a good reason to pick on you a little bit. No hard feelings?

[IC]
The Xorn, Vygwvgrthqqggshkkgklkmkkgrkkschn, eyes the gems that Kerlan is holding and licks its .... lips? Are those big, crusty things on the top of its head really lips?

"Hmm, Vygwvgrthqqggshkkgklkmkkgrkkschn hear your words, and him wonder if by 'help you find something,' you mean that Vyg can just point you in right direction? Or you want Vyg bring to you, or bring you to whatever thing is? For any of these things, those gems too small and flawed. Although, Vyg have to admit, 'three -- it's a magic number....' So that worth something. Not enough, but something. For right price, Vyg find whatever you want under earth, bring it to you, and lay on soft sand at your feet. But price must be right first, and that means no pay some now and some later. Vyg got no reason to trust you. You pay all of price in beginning before Vyg do his part. What you say to that?"
[/IC]

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"We just want you," He pauses. "or someone like you," He says as he checks out the area around them again for signs of any more Xorn. The comment about 'slaves' has him thinking. "To find a place for us. It's the vault of a man named Larin Karr. It should be nearby and fairly large. We want to know where it is, about how big it is, where the entrance is, and anything else you might notice while you're looking."

Kerlan and the others scrounge through their belongings for higher quality gems. "How about this. We give you this upfront," Kerlan holds out a single gem worth more than the other three combined. "and if we really like what you tell us, there may be a little extra afterwards. Does that sound more reasonable?"
OOC: The gem is worth 300 gp

Leif

Adventurer

"You not even close. Vyg growing tired of empty words. You have one more chance and then Vyg start eating you."

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan bristles at the Xorn's words. "We are trying to negotiate a deal here. If you don't like our terms that's fine, you can just walk away. We will not, however, respond kindly to threats. Do not make that mistake again."

Leif

Adventurer

"Make last offer then and Vyg do what is right for Vyg."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
As Cappizzio listens to the impertanant and impetious Xorn he considers a sudden action if aggressions are incurred, 'if the creature is of earth, then air is it's antithasys. some spells cross between air and water and i think ray of ice just might do that.

ready action: cast ray of ice if xorn turns aggressive and attacks.

Leif

Adventurer

The Xorn says nothing more, he just lunges toward Kerlan. (to BY 147 on map)

Roll initiative.

Damage roll below is totally wrong. Should be 15 hp damage.

Last edited:

Remove ads