Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Ooops, I should have said 1d4+4 since there are only 8 spiders and I was thinking 10, since that's what Kerlan said. Anyway, my bad, so we'll keep it - Ty cunningly manages to zap all of the spiders in mid-pounce!

OOC: These are 3.5 Monstrous Large Spiders, btw Ooops again, rolled too many! I'll drop the 23 and the 24. So the saves are: 19, 11, 16, 16, 18, 15, 17, 18

Now what was the DC again? And feel free to wow me with some damage!

OOC: Save DC17 damage was only 13.

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont

Spider Status (numbers correspond to map, btw) :
S1 17 hp, 19 save, -06 dam from spell = 11 hp
S2 7 hp, 11 save, -13 dam from spell = 0 dead spider
S3 17 hp, 16 save, -13 dam from spell = 4 hp
S4 25 hp, 16 save, -13 dam from spell = 12 hp
S5 22 hp, 18 save, -06 dam from spell = 16
S6 33 hp, 15 save, -13 dam from spell = 20 hp
S7 23 hp, 17 save, -06 dam from spell = 17 hp
S8 22 hp, 18 save, -06 dam from spell = 16 hp

OOC: Ty's spell began in R17 and zapped eastward above the heads of the Wizards. Spiders that successfully saved were slow to move and were above the flash of lightning. [Yeah, I don't think it's supposed to work that way either, but since there wasn't a map to work with until now, we're just gonna fudge it a wee bit, ok?]

OOC: Francheska and Kerlan are up! Then the real fun begins. :devil:

Attachments

• Whirtlestaffs Underdark spider ambush 1.xls
    10 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan begins casting and rocks begin to pummel the spiders in the midst of the group.

OOC: Kerlan casts Hail of Stone on Spiders 3, 4, 5, and 6.

[SBLOCK=Kerlan's Current Status]Location: U-18
Initiative: 21
HP: 46/46
AC: 19, FF: 15, Touch: 14
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +3/+5/+8
Speed: 60'

Active Spells:
Mage Armor x2 (+4 Armor, 16 Hours)
Haste (+1AC, +1 Reflex, +30' move)

Available Options:
Pearl of Power, 1st lvl (2/2)
Acid Dart, 1d6+2 dmg (9/9)
Abrupt Jaunt, teleport 10' (6/6)
Arcanist's Gloves, +2 CL 1st lvl (0/2)
Empowered Spellshard [Kelgore's Fire Bolt] (3/3)
Healing Belt, 2d8 healing (3/3)

Beguiler Spell Slots:
0th (DC 15): 5
1st (DC 16): 5 3
Spell List: 0th: Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Open/close, Read Magic. 1st: Charm Person, Color Spray, Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Doors, Disguise Self, Expeditious Retreat, Hypnotism, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Rouse, Silent Image, Sleep, Undetectable Alignment, Whelm.

Wizard Spells Memorized:
0th (DC 16): Launch Bolt, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, (Caltrops), (Acid Splash), (x)
1st (DC 17): Fist of Stone, Benign Transposition, Feather Fall, Shield, (Wall of Smoke), (Hail of Stone), (Kelgore's Fire Bolt)
2nd (DC 18): Arcane Turmoil, Flaming Sphere, Sculpted Hail of Stone, (Web), (Cloud of Knives), (Glitterdust)
3rd (DC 19): Steeldance, (Stinking Cloud), (Extended Rope Trick), (Sculpted Glitterdust)
[/SBLOCK]

Lou

Explorer
Francheska Walova HP 42/42 AC 21/T20/FF17

Shaking her head like a tree in the wind, Francheska pleads, "Why is everyone casting spells? I don't see anything in these dam* webs!" She draws her sword in frustration.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont

[sblock=Spider status:]
(numbers correspond to map) :
S1 17 hp, 19 save, -06 dam from spell = 11 hp
S2 7 hp, 11 save, -13 dam from spell = 0 dead spider
S3 17 hp, 16 save, -13 dam from spell = 4 hp -9 = 0 dead spider
S4 25 hp, 16 save, -13 dam from spell = 12 hp -9 = 3 hp
S5 22 hp, 18 save, -06 dam from spell = 16 -9 = 7 hp
S6 33 hp, 15 save, -13 dam from spell = 20 hp -9 = 11 hp
S7 23 hp, 17 save, -06 dam from spell = 17 hp
S8 22 hp, 18 save, -06 dam from spell = 16 hp

S8 16 hp
S7 17 hp
S6 11 hp
S5 7 hp
S4 3 hp
S1 11 hp
[/sblock]
S7 attacks Kerlan, S8 and S6 attack Fran, S5 attacks Tylara, and S1 attacks Manny. S4 climbs over its dead brother to the south and attacks Tylara from its new position in W18. Kerlan is the only one who is hit -- he takes 7 hp damage and needs to make a DC13 Fort save or suffer temp. loss of 6 Strength points.

WIZARDS ARE UP AGAIN (Remember all the Wizards are hasted but the haste doesn't quicken the casting times of spells. It seems like it should, however, apply to the use of any spell completion magic items that you may have....)

Attachments

• Whirtlestaffs Underdark spider ambush 2.xls
    10 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manny steps deftly over the body of one of the dead spiders, his Eidolon moving almost instinctively to an advantageous position and sliding deftly under clacking mandibles as the arachnid tries to catch him out of position. The little brownie's spear jabs lightening fast . . . once, twice . . . inflicting a deep puncture but missing with the second thrust. Relós bares fangs and snaps viciously at a leg, crunching noisily through the exoskeleton.

[sblock=Actions]Manny (AC 23)

Relós (AC 23)

Both attacks vs. S1[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Francheska Walova HP 42/42 AC 21/T20/FF17

"Yuck! Spiders!" Fancheska steps forward and swings her sword at the spider to her left. With the effects of the Haste spell, she gets in two swings. The first swing is clumsy, but the second is deep into the head of the spider.

[sblock=move and attack]
Move: 5-ft step to U16.
Attack: +1 LS v S8 Attack is +4 1d8 and +4 1d8 due to haste
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan is the only one who is hit -- he takes 7 hp damage and needs to make a DC13 Fort save or suffer temp. loss of 6 Strength points.
OOC: Nope. The Haste spell bumps my AC to 19, so it barely misses.
WIZARDS ARE UP AGAIN (Remember all the Wizards are hasted but the haste doesn't quicken the casting times of spells. It seems like it should, however, apply to the use of any spell completion magic items that you may have....)
OOC: Does this mean we can do Spell + Scroll or Scroll + Scroll?

Scotley

Hero
Tylara takes advantage of her magically enhanced speed to stab at both the spiders attacking her. She stabs both with well aimed thrusts of her sword.

OOC: Rolled damage on the assumption that a 17 made the crit if not I guess damage is 6 to each. Current AC20 with Buckler and haste.

Last edited:

Remove ads