Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Capizzio Del Collines, Esquire

If there is a place to move where he is flanking, that is where he will move.

summery of attack:
-if not flanking
att 12 damage 1d6 + 2 = 4

-if flanking
att 28 dam 2d6 + 2 = 8

- if crit confims
att 14 damage + 1d6 =7 = 15

"Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage
is not multiplied."

-acid arrow damage

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Golem Battle

OOC: See post 722 for Manny/Relós actions. They should get AoOs when it stands up; lemme know if/when I need to roll 'em.

Golem hp:-7-4-24=-35-27=-62

OOC: Mowgs, you can take your AoO now if you want -- I figure struggling to rise and failing is the equivalent of rising for that purpose.

OOC: DeWar, Golems are not subject to flanking or sneak attacks, so Cappi's attack of 12 misses.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: 3.5 had the rule that golums were immune to sneak attack. Pathfinder changed that. They call it precision damage to indicate an attack hit a physical location that does extra damage to golums and undead, but not to amorphic creatures.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: 3.5 had the rule that golums were immune to sneak attack. Pathfinder changed that. They call it precision damage to indicate an attack hit a physical location that does extra damage to golums and undead, but not to amorphic creatures.
OOC: But you did say 'flanknig' not 'sneak attack,' so can you provide me with a page number or a rule quotation in support of your position?

KerlanRayne

Explorer
OOC: They used to be immune to crits/sneak attacks because of the Construct type. The Pathfinder Construct Type has removed the immunity to crits/sneak attacks.

I've never heard of Golems being immune to flanking. Can you point me to where it says that?

Also, I am hesitant to mention this but the Golem does have DR. Not sure if you want to enforce this or not. :uhoh:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC/Flanking/DR]In PF, pretty much the only things immune to flanking are those that have all-around sight or those that have no "front/back/sides" (such as oozes, slimes, cubes, etc). Also creatures with Improved Uncanny Dodge, though theirs is limited - they cannot be flanked unless the flanking person/whatever also has Improved Uncanny Dodge and is 4 levels higher than they are.

In case you want to retro, Manny/Relós' total damage (including the AoOs listed below) after DR would be 25.[/sblock]

MannyEWPortrait.png

As the golem struggles to rise, Manny and Relós take advantage of it's distraction to get in a couple of extra attacks. Manny's spear thrust pricks the thing's flank, while Relós' teeth continue to worry at the wound on it's calf, tearing it open further and injecting even more acid.

[sblock=Actions]Manny:
Relós
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Manny
Initiative: +7
AC: 21 (17 Flat-Footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 64/64
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +9

Senses: Low Light Vision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +8

Current Weapon in Hand: +3 LongSpear

Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor, Haste

Special Abilities: Damage Reduction (5/Cold Iron), Spell Resistance (12), +2 AC and Saves when w/in Relós' reach, +4 Stealth (Forest Only)

Spells Available
Cantrips: Unlimited
1st Level: 4/6
2nd Level: 1/4

Spells Known
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Read Magic, Resistance
1st Level: Daze Monster, Expeditious Retreat, Grease, Mage Armor, Rejuvenate Eidolon (Lesser), Unfetter
2nd Level: Evolution Surge (Lesser), Haste, Summon Swarm

Relós
Initiative: +4
AC: 27 (17 Flat-Footed, 21 Touch)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +6 CMD: 22
Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +1

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +2

Attacks: Claw/Claw/(Rake/Rake)/Bite (Add 1d6 Cold and 1d6 Acid Damage to each Attack)

Conditions in Effect: Bull's Strength, Haste, Mage Armor

Special Abilities: Evasion, Natural Attacks count as Magic, Attacks add 1d6 Acid Damage
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: They used to be immune to crits/sneak attacks because of the Construct type. The Pathfinder Construct Type has removed the immunity to crits/sneak attacks.

I've never heard of Golems being immune to flanking. Can you point me to where it says that?

Also, I am hesitant to mention this but the Golem does have DR. Not sure if you want to enforce this or not. :uhoh:
*sigh* Ok, Ok

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases