Fourthcore Team Deathmatch

CStevenRoss

First Post
hey hey,

This is an unofficial event I'm running at GenCon that I'm really excited about. I think it has a lot of potential to twist D&D in ways a lot of us have never really seen before, to push the boundaries of what the rules can really do, and perfect for a large convention setting. Victory and glory await those who can tame the most dangerous of foes: other adventurers!

The Fourthcore Team Deathmatch will be a contest of skill, wits, and luck; available only at GenCon. Small teams of dungeoneers will be pitted against each other in a no-holds-barred frenzy of carnage. Eight groups will compete against each other in a team-based, player-vs-player competition.
The Fourthcore Team Deathmatch will take place on Friday August 5th 2011 (Night #2), at 3:00 PM; location to be determined.

The competition will consist of a ladder style tournament. Teams will be seeded randomly. The first two encounters will last 60 minutes each, with a 10-15 minute break in between encounters. The final encounter will last 75 minutes long. The winning team will awarded Trophies of Honor to celebrate their glorious victory over their fellow D&D players.

Introduction & Rules
DMG p. 42: Actions the Rules Don't Cover: Introduction and Rules

Maps
DMG p. 42: Actions the Rules Don't Cover: Maps

Ladder & Current Teams
DMG p. 42: Actions the Rules Don't Cover: Ladder and Current Teams

Frequently Asked Questions
DMG p. 42: Actions the Rules Don't Cover: Frequently Asked Questions

CStevenRoss

First Post
Thanks for the enthusiasm and support!!! I take it you won't be able to witness this in person?

Sersa and I have been kicking around the idea of "live" podcasting this, or perhaps just the final match; recording it on site and doing a quick edit so it can be uploaded that day. A full filming though, that would be sweet!

jbear

First Post
Why not put this out on the general or th main 4e forum? I'm really surprised you haven't had more feedback!

No, I won't be there :( I live in Spain.

CStevenRoss

First Post
I don't know, it's definitely a different way to play 4E, so I thought the House Rules area would be better. If you think it's more appropriate in the General forum, maybe I should ...

Exciting news though! It made it through the red tape and will be available to register for starting tomorrow when GenCon registration opens! Woot!

https://www.genconreg.com/events/27820

Arksorn

First Post
Thank You

Thank you for running this. We were looking for more tournament style 4e events and we are signed up for this one now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases