FFG: Dungeon Craft & School of Illusion

Darke

First Post
Saw them in the recent Previews. ;)

Tell us about them - and will there be books for all magic schools?

Well, Necromantic Lore covers Necromany probably, right? ;)

What about the rest?

das Darke

JoeGKushner

First Post
I'm curious to hear about this myself. Was a little disappointed in the width of coverage in Draconig lore althought the depth of detail on dragon monsters was great.

d20Dwarf

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
I'm curious to hear about this myself. Was a little disappointed in the width of coverage in Draconig lore althought the depth of detail on dragon monsters was great.

Well, Necromantic Lore is just the same, a great variety of undead creatures to use in your game. Some of them are just downright creepy.

School of Illusion is another of Kevin's books, focusing on, you guessed it, illusion magic. It will have new spells, PrCs, and all sorts of other goodies.

Dungeoncraft is another winner from Mike Mearls. We've packed in so much awesome stuff it's hard to tell you about it. (Damn I'm getting this marketing lingo down. :D ) Anyway, there are new PrCs, equipment, spells, etc. in the book, and it also includes topics such as the dungeon environment and a plethora of dungeon-building utilities, including dungeon templates that can be slapped on any dungeon to make it fresh and exciting. Imagine if the lake in Forge of Fury somehow flooded the entire dungeon...now you can do it. :)

Hope this is enough to tide you guys over until the books come out!

JoeGKushner

First Post
Sounds good. I was actually thinking that Necromantic book would have stuff for necromancers and I'm glad to get a better idea of what it involves.

The Dungeon book by Mike sounds fantastic.

Now this School of Illusion book, is this the first in a series? For example, will we see a School of Necromancy?

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Yep, the Lore books are a series, and the School books are also a series. Kevin's small book line will also include new Dragonstar support material as well as support for our Midnight and Dawnforge settings.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases