tournaments, fairs and taverns has anyone seen it yet?

Sanackranib

First Post
I saw the cover on the homepage, has anyone actually seen this book yet?

It sounds like a must have for the serious DM.

Last edited:

It's been out for a long time now in PDF, so I'm sure lots have it.

Are you perhaps referring to a print version?

I'd like to get it, but have no $$$ atm.

Duncan

alsih2o

First Post
i have the pdf and it is spiffy cool, and i disagree with crothian, with drinking rules and such i think it could be used with modern.

disclaimer: i haven't played modern yet

disclaimer2: i may say anything to disagree with crothian (hi buckeye guy!)

Here is the reviews page for it: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/reviews/index.php?sub=yes&where=currentprod&which=ttf

I would really like it if someone could post a 5th review for it. Right now it stands high enough that it could easily make it into the top 20 D20 products list, but it needs one more review before it'd be recognized. :)

I'm quite proud of it, but to be honest, the print version is going to be even cooler. Rules for team sports, more cunning and precise rules for intense dueling, revisions for the game of Bahly, a thorough overhaul for the racing section, and an entirely new encounter location, the Festival of Dawn-Blessed. It should be out early next year, but you are welcome and encouraged to tide yourself over with the $5 pdf version until then.

Crothian

First Post
alsih2o said:
i have the pdf and it is spiffy cool, and i disagree with crothian, with drinking rules and such i think it could be used with modern.

disclaimer: i haven't played modern yet

disclaimer2: i may say anything to disagree with crothian (hi buckeye guy!)

I'm not saying it can't be used, and the drinking rules fit very well. I'm a big fan in the fantasy genre of tournements. That's the reason I got this. I don't think it will fit into the modern game I'm planning. That was my main comment.

And I encourage people to disagree with me. If we all agree these boards get boring :D

Crothian, the Buckeye Guy. :)

Oh, and the team sports rules would work nicely if you wanted to have a game of Basketball in your modern game. Actually, pretty much anything in the book, except maybe the high magic game of Bahly, would work fine in a modern setting. If you ever run a game that takes place at a modern day Renaissance Festival, you'll be thankful for the jousting rules.

Remove ads