Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire steps into the thick of the fray as well. Trapping one of the alpha wolf's hind legs for a moment with his sword, he shouts, "Now, Jax!".

[sblock=actions]Move: to W17
Standard: commander's strike, Jax gets an MBA on DW Alpha with +1 to hit and +4 to dmg. Not sure what your MBA stats work out to, so you'll have to roll it yourself this time. :)

I still don't have a useful wish list, I know. I suck at this. Suggestions? I'm happy to accept DM's choice, too.
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Quagmire steps into the thick of the fray as well. Trapping one of the alpha wolf's hind legs for a moment with his sword, he shouts, "Now, Jax!".
Jax follows the large wolf to the ground and nearly gets crushed. Although his first instinct is to simply flee in terror back to a flanking position, Quagmire's urging convinces him to make a quick attack before he goes.

[sblock=MBA hits]Granted MBA vs Alpha (1d20+15+3+1=21, 1d4+10+1+4=17, 2d8+4=18)

Jax's awesomeness saves him again! He hits on that 2 because of the Imperiling Strike penalty to the wolf's AC. 35 damage with sneak attack (from prone or flanking, either works).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: As intriguing as an Onyx Chicken would be, I try to keep Sir Exsixten on a theme, but not re-using the same schticks (surprisingly challenging). I'll stick with the gear from his wishlist (I have it down for items from levels 7 through 10, should I add some 11-13ish range wishlist items too?

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I'll stick with the gear from his wishlist (I have it down for items from levels 7 through 10, should I add some 11-13ish range wishlist items too?
GM: Sure when you have time :) I probably won't give paragon level equipment out right away, but I may give some out this adventure as everyone has at least gained a level already. (I'm actually planning to hand out xp at the end of the encounter, I don't have the exact amounts yet, but it will be over 3,000 xp.)

OOC: (I'm assuming I don't get the damage bonus for having THP/vs bloodied enemies for the chicken aura)

No bonus sorry :)

The wolves gang up on the Warforged. With a howl of encouragement from the alpha they all attack simultaneously, attempting to bring him down. Only the stalker manages to penetrate the fluttering chicken's tough armor however, dealing a massive blow with its powerful jaws.
[sblock=actions]
Pup:
#2:
Move: Shift 1 square left.
Standard:Bite Sir ExSixTen miss

#4:
Standard:Bite SirExSixTen miss

Alpha:
Move: STand up
Standard: Pack Attack: Stalker and Pups get a free MBA against Sir ExSixTen
Rolls
Stalker 36 vs AC hit for 17-3=14 damage
pup 2&4 miss.

Stalker in the Dark:
Standard: Bites SirExSixTen miss
ACTION POINT
Standard: Bites SirExSixTen 27 vs AC, hit for 17-3=14 damage, Sir ExSixTen is bloodied again and the stalker gains another AP.
[/sblock]
[sblock=combatants]
Stalker in the Dark (west wolf creature), marked EONT
HP: 172/286
AC:24 Fort:24 Ref:24 Will:24

Dire Wolf Alpha (south wolf) -4 penalty to AC and Reflex defenses until the end of Jax's next turn, marked EONT
HP: 67/234
AC:25 Fort:24 Ref:23 Will:22

Dire Wolf Pup 2, 4:
AC:20 Fort:17 Ref:20 Will:19
#2 HP: 68/68
#4 HP: 29/68 marked EONT

Quagmire: 49/56
Jax:57/63
Dorn:2+62/62 Dorn's square and all adjacent squares are heavily obscured, prone
Andras:47/51
Brenn:50/50
Sir Exsixten: 21/69 DR3, grabbed by Pup 4
[sblock=Chicken Champions of the Order of the Red Plus]
Sir ExSixTen can make attacks as if he were in any of the chicken's squares.

The chicken's move with him.

They grant him DR3 since their armored bodies are fluttering about.

The chickens have an aura 1 that does 1d6+6 damage to any creature who ends its turn in it. (does not mark)

Extra attacks for Sir ExSixTen:
Combined Attack of the Lords of Awesome.
Standard Action: Sir ExSixTen makes a MBA, Chickens then make an attack against the same or different target(+12 vs AC, 1d6+6 damage and marks EONT).

Breath of Great Justice
Standard Action: Sir ExSixTen command his fowl army to breath a cloud of acid for honor and glory!
Close blast 5, +12 vs ref, 2d8+6 acid damage.
Special: May be used as a minor action 1/encounter.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Traps]
Yellow i circle:Caltrops Slow StartONT, Perception 25 to spot
Black Square: Pit trap: Perception 25 to spot
Difficult Terrain: Fence, barricades (yellowish circular things), Roof
[/sblock]

[sblock=House]
(note: I boosted the base stats of the doors/windows)

Door & Windows are marked by yellow i symbol.

Door: HP 20/20 AC 25 DR 10

North Window: HP 20/20 AC 25 DR 10

South Window: HP 15/20 AC 25 DR 10
[/sblock]

Attachments

• farmattack6.jpg
    farmattack6.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 67

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn stands and begins to spin, transforming into a spinning ball of electricity. He hurtles through the wolves with incredible speed, blasting each in turn with lightning before appearing near one of the pups, still shrouded in darkness. When the dust settles, two of the beasts are knocked on their backs.

Move - stand. Minor - sustain shroud. Standard - Spark form - Dorn shifts 8 squares, each time he passes through an enemy, he makes an attack. NE,NE,SE,S,E,NE,NE,NE ending in S20 covers all the wolves. Spark form CRITS stalker, hits dire wolf for 19 lightning damage, CRITS pup 4, and misses pup 2. stalker and dire wolf both take max 19 lightning damage and are knocked prone (class feature on critical). Extra crit damage = 8 for stalker, 10 for alpha.

Summary
stalker - 19 lightning damage, 8 untyped, prone
alpha - 19 lightning damage, 10 untyped, prone
pup 4 - 19 lightning damage

Now that's some sick rolling.

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 8
Passive Perception 13, Passive Insight 13
AC 23, Fort 16, Reflex 20, Will 22 (base defenses)
HP +2 TMP 62/62 Bloodied 31 Surge Value 15, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +12
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Deep Shroud (sustain minor)
+1 AC from even roll
Wild Soul: radiant (Resist 5 radiant and ignore first 5 radiant resistance)
Note - Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon

Encounter Resources
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
USED Spark Form
USED Furious Assault
Stoneskin Armor
Half-Orc Resilience
Goblin Stompers
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Ice Javelins
Moon and the Stars
USED Deep Shroud
Chaotic Defense
Luckblade Dagger
Deathstalker Dagger

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
The alpha wolf's howling comes to a sudden stop when Jax reaches forward and slashes its throat. The wolf falls to the ground twitching and still smoking from Dorn's lightning attack.

After dispatching the alpha, Jax moves to outflank the stalker with the disarmed warforged. Jax sounds his own intimidating "Grrr!" at the wolf. He doubts the stalker finds it at all threatening, but it at least boosts Jax's confidence, and that's enough.

[sblock=Jax stat block / actions]I went ahead and updated Jax's wish list to include some paragon level stuff, including a frost weapon (but only because you mentioned it ;)).

Actions
Standard: Sly Lunge vs Alpha CRITS for 58 damage, killing it. (1d20+16+3=39; [1d4+15+1+2+2d8+4=42]; Crit: 2d12=16)

Move: walk to T14.

Minor: Growl fearsomely at the stalker.

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 8
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 20
AC:24, Fort:20, Reflex:24, Will:17, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:58/63, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:15, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +9
Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
Shifty, Clever Strike, Piercing Strike
Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Rat Form, Raven Cloak, Mocking Strike, Press the Advantage

Combat notes: +1 damage with CA; +2 damage vs bloodied targets[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire picks up an oddly shaped metallic... thing... from the ground near Sir Exsixten, pulled off by one of the wolves' attacks. He tosses it to the warrior, calling "I think ye dropped this. Put yerself back together, mate!"

He wades over the corpses of the fallen wolves to hew at the leader, but his blow fails to penetrate its hide.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: inspiring word on Sir Ex: heals 27 hp
Move: to V14
Standard: War of Attrition vs. stalker; 22 vs AC misses. Grr!

Thanks for the link, Luinnar. Poking through it now.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 7
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:21, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:18 -- Speed:5
HP:49/56, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:14, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
MBA +11 vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage
Powers
Wolf Pack Tactics, Commander's strike, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Throwing shield
Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word x2, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition,
Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Vanguard longsword, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield

Notes:
  • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
  • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 9 HP
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Ok, Quagmire now has a wish list. I don't have compendium at the moment, so I'm guessing what I'd like based on the descriptions in the wiki page. But, hey, anything's better than nothing.

I'd like to note in passing that Q doesn't have a neck slot item yet. Oops! How embarrassing. If I'd noticed, I'd have bought one before leaving, since Q has a bunch of cash.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases