Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
Dorn stretches out his arms with a half-apologetic, half-exasperated facial expression.

"We are on important business which may be beneficial to all who live in this land. We would be ever so grateful if you would waive the traditional fee." (Diplomacy 28)
Of course, of course! An adventurer like yourself would indeed have a great and noble purpose in this town! the guard says smiling.

But...as I am sure you can understand; I would get in trouble if I let you go through without paying. You don't want to make me lose my job, do you?

How about this, I will give everyone the discount rate! A fee of only twenty gold each. That is not too much for strong adventurers like yourselves, surely? the guard says.

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn forms a close circle with the other adventurers and speaks quietly.

"Shall we just pay these guys and move on? I have a feeling if our mission is successful we may be able to get our money back. If not, perhaps our employer will cover the expense."

Dorn eyes Jax with concern, aware of the kobold's... intimate relationship with money.

"Think of it as a loan, with repayment collectible at the end of our mission."

Dekana

Explorer
Jax looks up to Dorn. "A loan, huh?" The kobold frowns at first, but he then sags his shoulders and sighs in defeat. Jax withdraws the 20gp toll from his coinpurse and hands it to the guard. "I guess I can earn it back in town." Thieving is an occupation, after all.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire frowns. "I don't like it much either, but he's right. This ain't the fight we came here for. Unless yer prophecy of dire evil refers t' unfair tariff laws."

He leans over and whispers to Jax, "We can always be stealin' it back on th' way outta town, if these folks're jerks."

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn sighs with relief, his natural tendency toward conflict-avoidance satisfied. He hands over the twenty gold. Hopefully at the end of our mission we'll still be around to ask for it back, he thinks darkly.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten pauses swinging his axe and does a quick survey of the area.

APPROXIMATELY TWENTY GOLD UNITS ARE ALREADY DISTRIBUTED AROUND THE PREMISES. I WOULD ADVISE LEAVING THEM WHERE THEY LIE, FOR, BLESSED BY THE TOUCH OF SIR EXSIXTEN'S MIGHTY SWORD, THEY WILL SOON GROW INTO GOLD TREES.

OOC: 20gp paid.

pathfinderq1

First Post
From where he stood at the back of the group, Brenn lofted a small pouch of gold gently towards the guardsman. Most of his attention seemed focused back the way they had come- as if he were watching to see if they had been followed. It might have occurred to the group by now that he was being even more quiet than usual- he hadn't really said a word since they left the tavern...

[sblock= OOC]
>I'm back out from under the pile of work. Still have to update Brenn's sheet and stat block- will do that as soon as I can- and I'll mark off the 20 gold. We got 500 gp to start- was that each? If so, Brenn will probably pick up a Bag of Holding.

[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock= OOC]
>I'm back out from under the pile of work. Still have to update Brenn's sheet and stat block- will do that as soon as I can- and I'll mark off the 20 gold. We got 500 gp to start- was that each? If so, Brenn will probably pick up a Bag of Holding.

[/sblock]
GM: Yep 500 gold each :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases