Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Whoops, sorry, thought I had already gone for some reason. Thanks for the reminder!

Quagmire continues to foul the stalker's limbs, distracting it enough for Jax to slip in one more blow. "Keep it up, we got this!" he bellows, grinning.

[sblock=actions]Standard: commander's strike, Jax gets a MBA against the stalker with +1 to hit and +4 damage. Assuming I've gotten all the bonuses right, it hits AC 34 for 38 damage.
Minor: inspiring word on Sir Ex; heals 2d6+4+17=29
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
With its last effort, the wolf-like creature leaps into the air at Jax. He is about to land on the Kobold when the armored chickens flock leaps into the air. In one fluid motion they use their razor sharp beaks and steel tipped claws to peck and claw the last of the life out of the creature. It falls, dead, to the ground, right next to Jax.

Suddenly the creature starts to change. Its body shortens, snout shrinks and teeth recede into its jaw. However, instead of turning into a human like the werewolf you fought earlier, this one turns into a normal wolf.

In triumph Sir ExSixTen grabs a chicken, the one that is a pure embodiment of awesome (almost as awesome as himself) and lifts it over his head triumph. With a squawk the chicken explodes in magically awesome energy and melts, armor and all, into a pool of metallic goo in the Warforge's hands. Soon (no doubt due to the powers of the Lords of Awesome) it hardens into not a magical amulet, but an AWESOME magical amulet, one that can extend life itself due to its innate awesomeness.

GM: The people are trapped in the house by the way ;)

Treasure: Sir ExSixTen: Amulet of Life +2 (Sir ExSixTen wishlist)

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] can you please approve the xp when you get the chance? Thanks :)

XP:
Encounter 1: 1,200

Encounter 2: 600*3 + 1,200=3,800

Encounter 3: 1,400+1,200+600*2+250*4=4,800+600 (minor quest xo reward at level 11 for saving the family)=5,400

Total:10,400*2=20,800/6=3467 xp each (rounded up)

Time & total xp and time gold:
Sir ExSixTen/Brenn/Andras: 3467+1131 time xp=4598 xp time2003 gp
Quagmire: 3467+1600 time xp=5067 xp 2860 time gp
Jax/Dorn: 3467+1862 time xp= 5329 xp 4051 time gp

I believe everyone has gained at least 1 level :)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: \o/ Sir Exsixten is level 8! Wishlist updated! More in character tomorrow when I'm not passing out typing!

Do we get an extended rest?

Dekana

Explorer
Even though he was cowering before the incoming attack just a moment ago, Jax now puts one foot on top the wolf corpse and he thumps his own chest.
"Bwahaha! One more victory for the Wyrmling Slayers!" He raises his hand for Dorn to high-five.

OOC: Yay, xp! Any objection if I use some retirement credits to bump Jax up to level 10?

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Huh, so was that a were-man? A wolf-were? What do you call a beast like that?" Andras shrugs, then moves over to the house and starts prying the boards off the doors.

renau1g

First Post
GM: The people are trapped in the house by the way ;)

Treasure: Sir ExSixTen: Amulet of Life +2 (Sir ExSixTen wishlist)

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] can you please approve the xp when you get the chance? Thanks :)

XP:
Encounter 1: 1,200

Encounter 2: 600*3 + 1,200=3,800

Encounter 3: 1,400+1,200+600*2+250*4=4,800+600 (minor quest xo reward at level 11 for saving the family)=5,400

Total:10,400*2=20,800/6=3467 xp each (rounded up)

Time & total xp and time gold:
Sir ExSixTen/Brenn/Andras: 3467+1131 time xp=4598 xp time2003 gp
Quagmire: 3467+1600 time xp=5067 xp 2860 time gp
Jax/Dorn: 3467+1862 time xp= 5329 xp 4051 time gp

I believe everyone has gained at least 1 level :)

OOC: Approved

nerdytenor

First Post
Even though he was cowering before the incoming attack just a moment ago, Jax now puts one foot on top the wolf corpse and he thumps his own chest.
"Bwahaha! One more victory for the Wyrmling Slayers!" He raises his hand for Dorn to high-five.

Dorn returns the high-five with gusto.

"Jax, you never cease to amaze me. Perhaps we should check inside the house and make sure everything is ok..."

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC:
Dang, looks like Dorn will be level 10, too. My little half-orc - he's growing up so fast! *sniff sniff*

I'm going to have a difficult choice with his paragon path next level - two really great options - one is a bit more thematic, the other a bit more powerful. Hmm...

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
SIR EXSIXTEN STRIKES A HEROIC POSE WITH ONE FOOT ON THE BACK OF ONE OF THE COLOSSAL WOLVES HE SLAYED.

WELL DONE CITIZENS OF JUSTICE AND BATTLE CHICKENS OF AWESOME. TODAY WE HAVE SAVED THE WORLD FROM THE WOLFEN MENACE. YOU CAN PAT YOURSELVES ON THE BACK FOR BEING THE MINOR CATALYSTS THAT ENHANCIFIED SIR EXSIXTEN'S RIGHTEOUS UNSTOPPATUDINOSITY-NESS... -IATION... -OSITY... <SUPERLATIVE SUFFIX SUFFICIENCY SINGULARITY... ABORT>

There's a clang that snaps Sir Exsixten's head almost all the way around, then a grinding of gears as it slowly turns back to front. Sir Exsixten doesn't seem to notice.

He looks at the Goo-Chicken Energy-Amulet of Awesome for a moment, then drops it into one of the holes in his chest, then goes about stripping the chicken's battle armor away and using it to patch the gaping rents in his body.

ON TO THE NEXT ADVENTURE, CITIZENS, FOLLOW ME!

Sir Exsixten strides away in a random direction.

OOC: That puts Sir Exsixten to level 8. More tankiness!

Thanks for all the heals guys, this group seems to work pretty well together.

A couple observations about the last combat:

*2 leaders makes things far easier, especially when they're warlords :)
*I'm impressed with how much damage Jax can put out. Practically one-shotting elites in heroic is nothing to sneeze at.
*Battlerage-Vigor fighters are as tough as I hoped. Sir Exsixten was targeted by 2/3 of the 30-or-so attacks this combat at the cost of 3 healing surges... he did have the chickens helping though.
*I'm definitely seeing the quote about warlords in action:

"DM: What weapons are you using?"
"Barbarian: Twin Carnage War-axes!"
"Rogue: A Bloodiron Dagger!"
"Warlord: A Barbarian and a Rogue!"

[sblock=Statblock] Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter 8
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 25, Fort:24, Reflex:20, Will:20 -- Speed:5
HP:82/82, Bloodied:40, Surge Value:20, Surges left:14/14
Initiative +5, Action Points: 1
Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing x 2, Potion of Resistance x 1, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower

MBA
: +14(+16 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+9 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
RBA: +14 vs. AC, 1d12+7 damage.
Notes: *Sir Exsixten gains 5 THP whenever he spends a healing surge. *Sir Exsixten rerolls the first 1 on any damage roll. *Sir Exsixten does +2 damage while he has any temporary hitpoints. *Sir Exsixten does +2 damage vs bloodied enemies. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
GM: Go ahead and take an extended rest. Technically I have another post to make before the party rests, but you can update your sblocks now.

Go ahead and level Jax to 10 :)

Master Preserver Paragon Path is fun for Sorcerers (Darksun Campaign Setting), it turns you into a sub-leader however which may not be what you are looking for. The level 20 daily rocks no matter who you are however, IIRC Close Burst 3 + aura 3 that gives everyone inside +2d6 radiant damage to attacks or it heals them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases