Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
As Cur ExSixTen's repair mechanisms continue to work, a quiet message starts to play.

IF YOU ARE HEARING THIS CITIZENS THAN I AM EITHER DEAD, INSANE OR EVIL. IN THE AWESOME EVENT THAT I AM NOT DEAD, INITIATE THE <HASH STRING POINTER ERROR...VARIABLE CHEESE NOT FOUND... PLEASE HANG UP AND TRY AGAIN> THAT WILL BRING ME BACK TO MY SENSES. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK TRUSTY
CITIZENS THEN A BIG HAMMER SHOULD WORK JUST AS WELL. DISCLAIMER: PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT RESPONSEABLE FOR MY ACTIONS WHEN DEAD, INSANE OR EVIL.

GM: Mini Skill Challenge, Bring back Sir ExSixTen!

Somewhere deep inside the Warforge's memory core is the real Sir ExSixTen. He may look like a murderous canine now, but the awesome fighter of destruction is somewhere inside.

Once per turn as a minor action you can make a skill check DC 23 (any skill you can justify), each success brings SirExSixTen's real self closer to the surface, bringing about various combat benefits.

[sblock=Combatants]
Cur Exsixten:
AC: 33+3, Fort:29+2, Reflex:25+2, Will:25+2
HP:5+428/500, Bloodied:250 +2 defenses, slowed EONT Jax, vulnerable 5 cold, prone, +1 AC/saves, 2d12+3 and slowed to PC starting adjacent

Jax:79/79

Dorn:83/83

Andras:34/66 +2 bonus to damage rolls until the end of the encounter

Brenn:65/65

Quagmire:68/71, +2 to defenses TSNT1 AC(save ends) save failed
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
The areas covered by large rocks is difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• thepartwherehekillsyou3.jpg
    thepartwherehekillsyou3.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 65

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: I'm not going to have good internet access until Tuesday. Andras will just miss (most likely) with Relentless Wounding and either aid other skill checks or make his own History checks at +14.

Dekana

Explorer
In a burst of speed, Jax runs up to the forgedwere, slashes his leg while he's down, and then flees back to his original position. When he's a safe distance away, he says to Sir Exsixten, "Please, wake up! This isn't like you at all. You want to be a hero! Not a murderer-cannibal!"

OOC: Kiting Cur Exsixten sounds just fine to me. He's slowed again from Jax's attack. I can do one more slow during the encounter, and then someone else will have to take over.

[sblock=Jax actions / stats]Jax moved to F17 on his last turn, so I think his position on the map is in error. I'll assume he's still at F17.

Move: Walk to K22. I *think* Jax has enough movement for this; it's hard to tell what is a rock and what isn't. At least, I don't think K22 is rocky terrain, so it should be okay.

Standard: CA from prone. Running Slash vs Cur Exsixten hits Reflex 39 for 41 cold damage. Cur Exsixten is slowed TENT, and the 5 vulnerability to cold refreshes. Jax then moves back to F17 from the effect line, not taking an OA for the movement. (1d20+22=39; 1d4+13+2+2+5=25; 3d8+4=16)

Minor: Insight to snap Cur Exsixten out of his wolfishness. Succeeds with a 24. (1d20+11=24)

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold, 11 Rogue / Daggermaster
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 21
AC:26, Fort:21, Reflex:26, Will:18, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:79/79, Bloodied:39, Surge Value:19, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +13
Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: +18 vs AC, 1d4+12; or with CA, +21 vs AC, 1d4+14 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
RBA: +19 vs AC, 1d4+11; or with CA, +22 vs AC, 1d4+13 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
Combat Tumbleset, Critical Opportunity, Feytouched, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Press the Advantage, Raven Cloak

Combat notes: +2 damage with CA; +2 damage with cold; 18-20 crit range, on crit, make MBA with offhand (+16 vs AC, 1d4+10)
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC:
Dorn has a good chance to push Cur Exy further into the mountains this turn, so he will wait until the others have gone while they are still (hopefully/possibly) in range

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn listened to the wereforged as it spouted more gibberish. After a moment, he gave a plaintive howl- not the note of a bloodthirsty beast, but rather like the small wolf pups that the strange warforged had been fond of. Just in case, though, he once again drew an arrow and took aim...

[sblock= OOC]
>Minor: Nature check to pull Sir Ex out of Cur Ex, 1d20+15= 29
>Standard: Ready action- (trigger= Cur Ex stands up)(action= Clever Shot RBA, 1d20+18 vs. AC= 25 (miss); rolls for all Roll Lookup
>Move: much as I don't want to stretch the map too far, ol' Cur Ex is getting too close- move straight north for 7 sqaures worth of move (or until limit of LoS
[/sblock]

OOC: Tactics- Brenn's RBA will miss this time, but he can attempt slow or prone as an at-will, and has two more uses of Disruptive Shot, which slows even on a miss, and can daze or Immobilize. Just let me know what we need. This could turn into a heck of a grind, with those HP and defenses...

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn moves in (Move to G16) and shouts out to Cur Exsixten:

"Oh no! This terrible beast will destroy us! If only Sir Exsixten, the mightiest of the Lords of Awesome, were here to help us!" (Bluff 25)

Dorn sends three sharp blasts of thunder toward Cur Exy, and one strikes home, pushing the beast further into the hills (Demon-Soul Bolts hits Cur Exy once for 21 thunder damage, and pushes him one square east)

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer/Demonskin Adept 11

Immediate Reactions: use Narrow Escape to take 1/2 damage and teleport away
Current Effects: resist 10 thunder, ignore 10 thunder resistance,
+1 AC from even roll TENT

Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 25, Fort 21, Reflex 21, Will 24 (base defenses)
HP +5TMP 83/83 Bloodied 41 Surge Value 20, Surges 7/7
Speed 7, Initiative +13
Action Points: 1

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: thunder
Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20

Encounter Resources
USED Demon-Soul Bolts
Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
Spark Form
USED Furious Assault
Variable Resistance
Narrow Escape
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Winds of Change
Deep Shroud
Chaotic Defense
Gambit Armor Power
Luckblade Dagger
Diamond Cincture

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Sorry, didn't realize it was just me. :(

Quagmire backs another step away, maintaining his defensive stance. "Sir Exsixten! he calls in a ringing voice. "You are no mere flesh-creature, to be brought so vilely low by a mere disease! It is no match for you! Overcome this inner foe and drive it forth, lest your awesomeness be decremented! Come on, we have damsels to save and worthy foes to smite!"

[sblock=actions]move: one square SW
Standard: total defense
minor: diplomacy 1d20+15=27

[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras fires what he will later refer to as a warning shot at his former ally. He then calls out to the warforged, "Is this really the proper behavior for a vassal of the, um, whatever you're always going on about. Dukes of Amazing, or something like that?" The genasi shrugs, "You know what I mean, right?"

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to -F21.
Standard: Relentless Wounding vs Cur Exsixten. Not a nat 20, so nevermind.
Minor: History check. 19, so no.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 9
Initiative: +13 | Passive perception: 19 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 25 | For: 23 | Ref: 20 | Will: 17
HP: 34/66 | Bloodied: 33 | Surge value: 16 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 5 Fire
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +14 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
Insightful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Takedown Strike
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (1/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis
Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:
+2 to damage rolls

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases