Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire is not impressed. "If ye were afraid of one curse victim breaking out of yer little prison, what made ye think six new victims was an improvement in the situation? Did ye think it harder fer six t'break out than one? Are ye soft in the head? Or... maybe that's yer game. Ye never thought yer pet wolf would break out at all, ye just meant us t'go in and die, and let ye loot our bodies when yer wolf had fed? Is that it?"

He shakes his head in disgust. "Ah, never mind. I think th'question ye need to be thinkin' about now is, how are ye gonna thank these kind strangers, who ye recklessly risked t'save yer pathetic hide?"

Luinnar

First Post
I did not mean, I panicked I-I-I he says, stuttering at the scary looking hobgoblin in front of him.

Here y-you can have the key to t-the equipment room o-over there! he says, throwing keys to Quagmire and pointing towards a door. T-take whatever you like.

I-I just remembered! It is my wife's birthday! If you will excuse me... he says, running at breakneck speed past the party and through the door.

[sblock=Insight (no roll required)=15]
The man seems to be telling the truth (besides the part about his wife's birthday). He may of made a stupid decision, but he had honest intentions.
[/sblock]
Opening the door, the party finds racks of weapons and armor. Most are non-magical and a bit shabby, but Jax and Andras spy two unique items to add to their collection.

GM: Treasure:
You can find most any non-magical heroic tier weapons or armor you desire, just let me know what you take.

Jax receives: Handy Haversack (wishlist)
Andras receives:Sure Shot Gloves (wishlist, hands slot item. Please let me know if it does not work out for your build and you can swap it for something else) .

@covaithe If you could please make a wishlist for Quagmire when you have a chance or give me ideas of what items he might want, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
A small smile flickers around Quagmire's lips as the man hightails it out of there.

OOC: I'm terrible at wish lists. I'll try to put something together, but don't hold your breath.

Dekana

Explorer
Jax's eyes gleam when he spots the haversack. He practically jumps on top of it to prevent any of his companions from snatching it up first. He then tests its properties briefly by sticking his arm, then shoulders, then his torso and most of his head in the bag. Something is obviously magical about the sack, otherwise the kobold would have been halfway underground.

After he's sure that the bag is practically bottomless, Jax begins tossing his belongings into it wholesale. Among the possessions that he pulls from his normal backpack to transfer over are a few pieces of broken, but very clear glass, a spring, a few ball bearings, a metal pastry tong, and a gold ring.

Jax is much too busy sorting out his possessions to suggest the next course of action.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
CITIZENS, THIS IS NO TIME TO GET SIDETRACKED BY MILITARY PROCUREMENTS, WE MUST GET THE CROWN FOR DUKE LATOS! THE PEOPLE OF DOMINIANI CRY OUT UNDER THE GUNDARAK'S IRON BOOT HEEL.

WE WILL BE THE MOIST, GRASPING FIST OF FREEDOM, THE THORNY LASSO OF HEROISM ABOUT THE NECKS OF THE OPPRESSED PEOPLE AS WE DRAG THEM TO SAFETY! WE WILL BE THE CATALYTIC AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR RAPID OXIDATION OF SAID PEDIATRICAL FERRIS BOOT ADORNMENT.

NO TIME TO WASTE, THIS WAY!

The door Sir Exsixten walks through leads to a large closet. There is a brief period of silence.

OUR HERO HAS FOUND HIS WAY INTO A TRAP, THE ONLY WAY OUT IS THEY WAY HE CAME IN - AN IMPOSSIBILITY AS THAT WOULD IMPLY THE PREPOSTEROUS HYPOTHESIS THAT SIR EXSIXTEN HAS MADE A MISTAKE! THE VILLAINOUS GUNDARAK THINKS THIS ROOMS SECRET ENTRANCE WILL NEVER BE FOUND, BUT OUR HERO IS NO COMMON FOOL, HE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST!

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire

"Didn't that lady want us t'meet 'er in two days' time? If so, we might be havin' time fer shore leave. P'raps we oughtta find out how long it'll take us t'get there. If it's only a short hike, we might find us a set o' bunks, maybe buy some drinks fer folks an' find out what the rumors hereabouts be. There's still that prophecy, aye?"

nerdytenor

First Post
"Didn't that lady want us t'meet 'er in two days' time? If so, we might be havin' time fer shore leave. P'raps we oughtta find out how long it'll take us t'get there. If it's only a short hike, we might find us a set o' bunks, maybe buy some drinks fer folks an' find out what the rumors hereabouts be. There's still that prophecy, aye?"

Dorn nods. "It seems our fate in this place has a way of finding us even when we don't want to be found. But if we can do things on our terms, so much the better."

Luinnar

First Post
After extracting Sir ExSixTen from the closet, the party exits the building. Looking around they soon finds a nearby inn, The Hunter's Quarry.

Entering, you are greeted by a smoky common-room. Various patrons glance at you, but soon go back to their dart playing, mug drinking or sleeping. Most look seedy and fairly greasy. A stuffed deer head hangs over the fireplace. You wonder how old is it, or if it still has fleas.

The group walks up to the bar and inquires about a room to a one eyed man "cleaning" a dirty mug with an even dirtier rag. Ah, you are the one Ms. Akriel was talking about. She told me you were coming. She asked to have me prepare the best room in the house. I even cleaned it! he says giving a wheezy chuckle. Paid for it herself, she did. You her bodyguards or something?

Without waiting for an answer the man hobbles over and fumbles for some keys in a drawer. The party follows him up the stairs.

Opening a door on the second floor the group is treated with a shock. Unlike the rest of the place, the room looked livable, if simple, and almost clean. The large room holds two large beds, covered with deerskin blankets. A huge bear rug covers the floor and a small desk fills one corner.

Only room with locks on the doors. Our best. he says proudly. If ya need anything let me know. I'll bring you up some food shortly. he says, giving Quagmire a toothless grin and handing him the room key and finally hobbling out the door.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
AHAH, A NOCTURNAL SHUT-DOWN COMMENCEMENT LOCALE! COMPANIONS, SIR EXSIXTEN WILL PROTECT YOUR PRONE SLUMBER-SACKS. ALMOST NO ONE HAS DIED IN THEIR SLEEP WHILE SIR EXSIXTEN PROTECTED THEM.

FOR MAXIMUM PROTECTION, PILE YOUR BODIES ATOP ONE ANOTHER IN THE CORNER AND SIR EXSIXTEN WILL BARRICADE THE DOOR WITH FURNITURE TO KEEP THE MONSTERS AT BAY SHOULD WE BE ASSAULTED IN THE NIGHT.

Sir Exsixten begins dragging one of the beds towards the door.

covaithe

Explorer
"Avast there, big guy. We trust ye t'keep our, uh, slumber-sacks safe. No need t'pile us t'gether."

Quagmire peers out the window at the sky, attempting to guess the time of day. "D'ye think there be time enough for a bit o' drink?"

OOC: I still have it in mind to head into the tavern and schmooze, buying drinks for whoever talks a lot. Goals are to see if there are any rumors relating to the prophecy, and to try to get an independent perspective on Akriel's story and Duke Lakos and such. Feel free to handwave it if there isn't really any new information to be gained this way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases