Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
Jax turns to face the pup now that the larger wolf has been dealt with. However, he hesitatingly glances at the wolf attacking the house's windows.

OOC: What do we think about the priority of the targets? I'm not sure if I should try to take down the pups first or the larger beasties.
Edit: I guess it doesn't matter too much for this turn since I'm grabbed (missed that).

Apparently having made a decision, Jax refocuses his attention on the pup that is rather painfully clamping down on his arm. Since the wolf is offering its throat, Jax obliges and tears a deep gash into it. He then puts his foot the the pup's face and pushes backward off of it, nearly colliding with the other nearby wolf in the maneuver.

[sblock=Jax stat block / actions]Actions
Standard: Piercing Strike vs Pup #3 hits Reflex 35 for 28 damage. (1d20+16+3=35; 1d4+11+1=13; 2d8+4=15)

Move: Escape from the grab. Acrobatics vs Reflex succeeds with a 24. Jax shifts to X18. (1d20+14=24)

Minor: Shifty to X19.

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 8
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 20
AC:24, Fort:20, Reflex:24, Will:17, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:58/63, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:15, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +9
Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
Shifty, Clever Strike, Piercing Strike
Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Rat Form, Raven Cloak, Mocking Strike, Press the Advantage

Combat notes: +1 damage with CA; +2 damage vs bloodied targets[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
SIR EXSIXTEN IS HELD BACK BY NO CREATURE!

Everyone is surprised but Sir Exsixten when the chickens unleash an acidic cloud of mist upon the wolves, burning them severely.

OOC: 2nd Edit: Realized I still had an AP. Spending that lets me escape and do at least part of my original turn. Did 47 damage total, it would have been 129 if I'd escaped on my first try :(

Sir Exsixten will delay until @covaithe can shift Quagmire up-left 1 to get out of the blast.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Escape: 1d20+9(Athletics)=16. Fail.
Standard->Move: Escape: 1d20+9(Athletics)=25, success.
AP: Standard->Move: Move to T17.
Minor: Breath of Great Justice
*Attack 1 vs Pup 3: 1d20+12=29 Reflex, hit.
*Attack 2 vs Pup 4: 1d20+12=19 Reflex, miss.
*Attack 3 vs Omega: 1d20+12+2(CA, Quagmire)=26, Reflex, hit.
*Damage: 2d8+6=21 acid damage vs Pup 3, +2(bloodied)+4(Quagmire)=26 vs Omega.
*Effect: All 3 are marked by Sir Exsixten TenT and Sir Exsixten gains 4 THP
Start of Pup 3's Turn: Chicken Aura: 1d6+6=9 damage to Pup 3.
Immediate Interrupt: Sir Exsixten makes an MBA against any adjacent creature he has marked if it shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include him.

Status Effects: DR3, Chicken Aura

[sblock=Sir Exsixten's Statblock]Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter 6
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24, Fort:21, Reflex:18, Will:18 -- Speed:5
HP:4+61/69, Bloodied:34, Surge Value:17, Surges left:13/13
Initiative +4, Action Points:0
Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind, Villain's Menace, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing x 2, Potion of Resistance x 1, Amulet of Resistance, Dwarven Thrower

MBA/RBA: +12(+14 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+8 damage and enemy movement is stopped(OA) and Sir Exsixten gains 4 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: *Sir Exsixten gains 5 THP whenever he spends a healing surge. *Sir Exsixten rerolls the first 1 on any damage roll. *Sir Exsixten does +2 damage while he has any temporary hitpoints. *Sir Exsixten does +2 damage vs bloodied enemies.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
GM: You can treat the chickens as Sir ExSixTen attacking since they had training form him. Just treat him as a 3*3 character with aura 1. The only thing that would not benefit is the aura auto damage.

I did not have a chance to read your turn before you changed it, but I do not mind you keeping crits or whatever if the rolls are still more or less applicable. (as long as it is in the same 1d20 order) if that makes sense :)

Also, would anyone like to NPC Brenn? I don't mind doing it myself if nobody wants to. I won't have him die unless the whole party gets killed, so you don't need to worry about accidentally killing him off. ;)

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire hops over the body of the wolf with Andras' arrow protruding from its eye socket, and, seeing Sir Exsixten and the chickens approaching, stabs at the nearest pup, forcing it to take its eyes off the incoming axe blade.

[sblock=actions]Quagmire doesn't need to shift, since Omega is dead before his turn. He moves to W19 avoiding OAs, and then readies a Commander's strike for when Sir Ex is within reach: Sir Ex's BMA hits AC 29 for 22 damage. Also, when Sir Ex spent an AP within sight of Quagmire, he healed 9 HP. I think that, combined with the chickens' breath weapon (I never get tired of typing that), that kills pup 3.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn and Brenn move as one under the shroud of darkness (Move Brenn to X11, Dorn to W11). Two arrows and a ball of acid converge on the nearest wolves, nearly felling one of the pups. (Brenn will use Rapid Shot - hits pup1 for 16 damage and stalker in the dark for 15 damage. Dorn uses Acid Orb on pup1 and hits for 24 acid damage. Dorn sustains shroud).

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 8
Passive Perception 13, Passive Insight 13
AC 23, Fort 16, Reflex 20, Will 22 (base defenses)
HP +5 TMP 62/62 Bloodied 31 Surge Value 15, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +12
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Deep Shroud (sustain minor)
+1 AC from even roll
Wild Soul: radiant (Resist 5 radiant and ignore first 5 radiant resistance)
Note - Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon

Encounter Resources
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
Spark Form
USED Furious Assault
Stoneskin Armor
Half-Orc Resilience
Goblin Stompers
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Ice Javelins
Moon and the Stars
USED Deep Shroud
Chaotic Defense
Luckblade Dagger
Deathstalker Dagger

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC:
I will make a combined post for Dorn and Brenn within the next hour if that's ok with everyone

OOC: Go for it.

Also, pup 3 was bloodied and Sir Exsixten has THP so the attack Quagmire granted did +4 damage on top of that. Just to be sure the pup is dead.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Thanks for taking over for Brenn nerdytenor :)

Snarling, the wolf-like creature leaps out of the trap and charges Sir ExSixTen. YOU SHALL PAY FOR YOUR INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR LIFE! it growls in a deep guttural voice and rips into the warforge's steel plates with its teeth.

While one pups stumbles on the caltrops the other charges Sir ExSIxTen grabbing him by the leg with its teeth. The white wolf, tired of attacking the window, runs up to the warforged. Instead of biting him he gives a piercing howl, spurring both the pup and the wolf creature to attack Sir ExSixTen and the wolf-like beast bites again through the Warforge's metal plating.
[sblock=actions]
Stalker in the Dark:
Move: jump out of pit succeeded
Charge to T15. ACTION POINT use bite again! miss and hit for 20-3=17 damage.
rolls

Pup:
#1:
Move: S11, hits caltrops slowed startONT.
Move:S14

Pup:
#3:
Move and charge Andras miss

#4:
Move:V17
Standard:Bite SirExSixTen 27 vs AC 8-3=5 damage, Sir ExSixTen is grabbed.

Alpha:
Move:V15
Standard: Pack Attack, Stalker, and Pup get a free MBA against Sir ExSixTen Pup
rolls Pup MBA miss ,Stalker 24 vs AC hit for 22-3=21 damage, SirExSixTen is bloodied and Stalker gains a AP.

ACTION POINT, see above but miss
[/sblock]
[sblock=combatants]
Stalker in the Dark (west wolf creature)
HP: 193/286
AC:24 Fort:24 Ref:24 Will:24

Dire Wolf Alpha (south wolf)
HP: 212/234
AC:25 Fort:24 Ref:23 Will:22

Dire Wolf Pup 1, 2, 4:
AC:20 Fort:17 Ref:20 Will:19
#1 HP: 14/68
#2 HP: 68/68
#4 HP: 45/68 marked

Quagmire: 49/56
Jax:57/63
Dorn:5+62/62 Dorn's square and all adjacent squares are heavily obscured
Andras:47/51
Brenn:50/50
Sir Exsixten: 24/69 DR3, grabbed by Pup 4
[sblock=Chicken Champions of the Order of the Red Plus]
Sir ExSixTen can make attacks as if he were in any of the chicken's squares.

The chicken's move with him.

They grant him DR3 since their armored bodies are fluttering about.

The chickens have an aura 1 that does 1d6+6 damage to any creature who ends its turn in it. (does not mark)

Extra attacks for Sir ExSixTen:
Combined Attack of the Lords of Awesome.
Standard Action: Sir ExSixTen makes a MBA, Chickens then make an attack against the same or different target(+12 vs AC, 1d6+6 damage and marks EONT).

Breath of Great Justice
Standard Action: Sir ExSixTen command his fowl army to breath a cloud of acid for honor and glory!
Close blast 5, +12 vs ref, 2d8+6 acid damage.
Special: May be used as a minor action 1/encounter.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Traps]
Yellow i circle:Caltrops Slow StartONT, Perception 25 to spot
Black Square: Pit trap: Perception 25 to spot
Difficult Terrain: Fence, barricades (yellowish circular things), Roof
[/sblock]

[sblock=House]
(note: I boosted the base stats of the doors/windows)

Door & Windows are marked by yellow i symbol.

Door: HP 20/20 AC 25 DR 10

North Window: HP 20/20 AC 25 DR 10

South Window: HP 15/20 AC 25 DR 10
[/sblock]

Attachments

• farmattack5.jpg
    farmattack5.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 63

Dekana

Explorer
Even while it is still howling, Jax leaps onto the alpha wolf and stabs viciously into its back. "Shut up!" he barks in response. The kobold's weight throws off the large wolf's balance, totally compromising its battle stance.

OOC: Alpha wolf has a -4 penalty to AC and Reflex defenses until the end of Jax's next turn.

[sblock=Jax stat block / actions]Actions
Move: walk to X15.

Standard: Imperiling Strike vs Alpha hits Fort 35 for 30 damage, and the Alpha takes a -4 penalty to AC and Reflex defenses until the end of Jax's next turn. (1d20+16+3=35; 1d4+11+1=11; Sneak attack: 2d8+4=19)

(The "leap onto wolf" line is just for fluff. Jax isn't grappling it or anything)

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 8
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 20
AC:24, Fort:20, Reflex:24, Will:17, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:58/63, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:15, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +9
Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
Shifty, Clever Strike, Piercing Strike
Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Rat Form, Raven Cloak, Mocking Strike, Press the Advantage

Combat notes: +1 damage with CA; +2 damage vs bloodied targets[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Stand tall knight, and your, erm, squires too!" Andras shouts semi-encouragingly to Sir Exsixten. The genasi then fires an arrow at the large wolf Jax is riding. Or rather, one might imagine the wolf was the intended target. What actually occurs is that the arrow flies past wolf and rider, only to ricochet off one of the house's boarded windows and into one of the pups. The beast staggers, but doesn't quite fall.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Inspiring Word on Exsixten, who heals surge + um, 3.
Move: Shift to V19.
Standard: Paint the Bulls-Eye vs Alpha. Natural 1, what a delightful return to form.
Free Action: Use the Rebounding Longbow's power to make an RBA vs Pup 1. Hits for 10 damage.

*sigh* This is really not my fight.[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 6
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 18 | Passive Insight: 13
AC: 21 | For: 20 | Ref: 18 | Will: 16
HP: 47/51 | Bloodied: 25 | Surge value: 12 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs AC, 1d10+6 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +11 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Risky Shot
Race the Arrow, Staggering Shot
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (1/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis
Rebounding Longbow, Deathcut Armor, Acrobat Boots

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift four squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases