Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras spends the time dragging wagons and overturned troughs into position to serve as makeshift barricades. "Well," he says to himself, "that should slow down some big beasties." Upon completion, he walks over to the fence and tries to ignore the platoon of poultry nearby.

ooc: Construct barricades in AA17, Z19, X21, V21, T21, and R17, in that order. Wait in T14. As a reminder, Andras has darkvision.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire tries to keep an eye on Sir Exsixten, but after an hour of watching him drill chickens, he mutters something about a headache, and goes to lie down for a while.

OOC: Aid Another to whatever Sir Ex is doing for an hour, then nap for five hours.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Blunderbuss]
Superior Two-Handed Ranged Weapon
Cost: 100 GP
Damage: 2d6
Proficient: +2
Range: 5/10
Weight:8 lbs

Brutal 2
Load Standard
Critical Miss:On a critical miss the gun misfires, damaging the user for 2d6 damage. This uses up the ammo.

Lead ball ammo may be purchased in Ravenloft or made by hand. May also be loaded with scrap iron, rocks, etc. but these do 2d4. Black powder is needed also (this may be purchased in Ravenloft or from the Jade Kingdom).
[/sblock]

GM: Jax may borrow the blunderbuss, but he receives only a +1 bonus to hit since he was only taught the basic workings of the device. The bonus goes away after the encounter. Also, borrowing it will leave the family defenseless if the creature were to get into the house.

I'll try to post a full update in a bit :)

Luinnar

First Post
The party sets up various barricades, traps and other precautions in preparation for the battle with the creature and takes their positions.

It is night time. Tense minutes turns into hours as you lay in wait for the beast. Suddenly a bone-chilling howl comes from the west. It is answered by three more howls. You hear rustling through the trees and Andras spots four large shapes coming from all directions; one large wolf-like creature walking on its hind legs and three other giant wolves. Soon everyone can see them with the moonlight. The wolf to the north spots the Warforge and gives a growl, but the others seem to have not noticed the party yet.

Sir ExSixTen drops the bucket of magical chicken feed he has prepared. The chickens clanking in their armor gobble it up with great speed. Soon their tiny minds are flooded with magical energy. There were not chickens, but dragons who happen to looks like chickens dedicated to the Lords of Awesome and they would give their life for this metal man and the Awesome Lords. Eyes glowing with battle fury, they give a defiant squawk and prepare for battle!

GM: I placed Quagmire at the house since you did not specify where he should start at.

I'm assuming that Sir ExSixTen is dropping the magical chicken feed as a free action.

No light as of yet.

Did Jax borrow the blunderbuss?

PCs get to go first since you were ready for them, please post your turns :)

[sblock=combatants]
Stalker in the Dark (west wolf creature)
HP: 286/286
AC:24 Fort:24 Ref:24 Will:24

Dire Wolf Alpha (south wolf)
HP: 234/234
AC:25 Fort:24 Ref:23 Will:22

Dire Wolf Omega (North #1 & East #2)
HP: 179/179
AC:25 Fort:25 Ref:22 Will:23

Quagmire: 15+56
Jax:63/63 (rat form)
Dorn:62/62 Prone
Andras:51/51
Brenn:50/50 Prone
Sir Exsixten:69/69 DR3
[sblock=Chicken Champions of the Order of the Red Plus]
Sir ExSixTen can make attacks as if he were in any of the chicken's squares.

The chicken's move with him.

They grant him DR3 since their armored bodies are fluttering about.

The chickens have an aura 1 that does 1d6+6 damage to any creature who ends its turn in it. (does not mark)

Extra attacks for Sir ExSixTen:
Combined Attack of the Lords of Awesome.
Standard Action: Sir ExSixTen makes a MBA, Chickens then make an attack against the same or different target(+12 vs AC, 1d6+6 damage and marks EONT).

Breath of Great Justice
Standard Action: Sir ExSixTen command his fowl army to breath a cloud of acid for honor and glory!
Close blast 5, +12 vs ref, 2d8+6 acid damage.
Special: May be used as a minor action 1/encounter.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Traps]
Yellow i circle:Caltrops Slow StartONT, Perception 25 to spot
Black Square: Pit trap: Perception 25 to spot
Difficult Terrain: Fence, barricades (yellowish circular things), Roof
[/sblock]

[sblock=House]
(note: I boosted the base stats of the doors/windows)

Door & Windows are marked by yellow i symbol.

Door: HP 20/20 AC 25 DR 10

North Window: HP 20/20 AC 25 DR 10

South Window: HP 20/20 AC 25 DR 10
[/sblock]

Attachments

• farmattack1.jpg
    farmattack1.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
BATTLE CHICKENS, THE HOUR HAS COME! THINK NOT THAT THESE WOLVES CAN FIT THREE OF YOU IN THEIR MOUTHS AT ONCE, BUT THAT WHILE THEY ARE MASTICATING THINE TASTY CORPSES, THEY CANNOT BITE SIR EXSIXTEN! FOR GREAT JUSTICE, ATTACK!

OOC: These chickens are badass!

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Draw weapon
Move: Move to O17.
Standard: Crushing Surge: 1d20+12=18 vs AC, miss, Sir Exsixten gains 4 THP and the wolf is marked TenT.
Start of Wolf's Turn: Chickens do 1d6+6=7 damage.

[sblock=Sir Exsixten's Statblock]Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter 6
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24, Fort:21, Reflex:18, Will:18 -- Speed:5
HP:69/69, Bloodied:34, Surge Value:17, Surges left:13/13
Initiative +4, Action Points: 1
Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind, Villain's Menace, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing x 2, Potion of Resistance x 1, Amulet of Resistance, Dwarven Thrower

MBA/RBA: +12(+14 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+8 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 4 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: *Sir Exsixten gains 5 THP whenever he spends a healing surge. *Sir Exsixten rerolls the first 1 on any damage roll. *Sir Exsixten does +2 damage while he has any temporary hitpoints. *Sir Exsixten does +2 damage vs bloodied enemies.[/sblock][/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras takes a few steps and fires an arrow at one of the massive wolves. He then swears softly as his shot completely misses.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to V14.
Standard: Staggering Shot vs eastern Dire Wolf. Miss. Man, I don't know how useful I'm going to be in this fight. I do have Reorient the Axis, though, so let me know if you want to be moved around or out of danger.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 6
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 18 | Passive Insight: 13
AC: 21 | For: 20 | Ref: 18 | Will: 16
HP: 51/51 | Bloodied: 25 | Surge value: 12 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs AC, 1d10+6 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +11 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Risky Shot
Race the Arrow, Staggering Shot
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (2/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis
Rebounding Longbow, Deathcut Armor, Acrobat Boots

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift four squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:

[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Jax very much likes the blunderbuss, but it's not really suited to his melee-heavy style of fighting. He'll leave it with the farmers.

I'll wait a tick to see if anyone lights a sunrod.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire moves close to the pits. He snaps open a sunrod and tosses it past the pits.

[sblock=actions and tactics]Move to U12.
activate sunrod and toss it to around T9 or so. I don't feel like looking up what kind of actions that is, but presumably I can do it in a standard and a minor.

Tactics wise, it seems like there's a left/right thing going on with this terrain. Two courses of action spring to mind: either we try to put down the alpha (south) quickly, then all move over to the right and count on the pits and barricades to keep the stalker occupied for a round or two, or we let Sir Ex tank the right side with his chickens, while the rest of us focus down the left guys. Kind of leaning toward the latter at the moment.

Also: Best. Chickens. Ever.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn's breathing becomes heavier as he eyes the gigantic beasts closing on their location.

"Perhaps I can slow this one", Dorn mutters to Brenn. "Stay close," he says, as a wave of darkness billows around the sorcerer, obscuring him (Minor - Deep Shroud (sustain minor) - Dorn's square and all adjacent squares are heavily obscured). The sorcerer stands up (Move - stand) and sends an icy explosion toward the nearest beast. The blast rocks the creature, slowing its every movement (Ice Dragon's Teeth hits Stalker In The Dark for 29 damage. It is slowed TENT).

(Dorn starts every encounter with 5 tmp hp.)

[sblock=Deep Shroud (Heavily Obscured) Cheat-Sheet]
Dorn and all adjacent squares are heavily obscured.

When in a heavily obscured square, you have cover against adjacent enemies and superior cover against anyone farther away.

Cover = -2 to hit
Superior Cover = -5 to hit

Cover and superior cover only affect ranged and melee attacks.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 8
Passive Perception 13, Passive Insight 13
AC 23, Fort 16, Reflex 20, Will 22 (base defenses)
HP +5 TMP 62/62 Bloodied 31 Surge Value 15, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +12
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Deep Shroud (sustain minor)
Wild Soul: radiant (Resist 5 radiant and ignore first 5 radiant resistance)
Note - Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
Spark Form
Furious Assault
Stoneskin Armor
Half-Orc Resilience
Goblin Stompers
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Ice Javelins
Moon and the Stars
USED Deep Shroud
Chaotic Defense
Luckblade Dagger
Deathstalker Dagger

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Thanks for the light Quag.
As far as tactics go, Jax is going to stick near Sir Exsixten for flanking and sneak attack. So I'll try to burn down the northeast wolf while the western ones are (hopefully) delayed by the traps.

Those chickens are awesomely awesome.

Jax's target is illuminated! He shakes of his rat form to become a kobold once again, and then he dives out of the tree and charges the wolf engaged by Sir Exsixten.
The sight of the dragon-chickens inspires the kobold into a frenzy! Jax "ROAARS" during his charge as he leaps over his own pit traps, finally slamming into the wolf at the end with a powerful strike.

[sblock=Jax stat block / actions]Actions
Free: change back to kobold form.

Move: walk to T13. Jax makes the athletics roll to clear the pit even on a one, so I won't roll.

Standard: Charge to O18! MBA vs DWΩ #1 CRITS for 48 damage. (1d20+15+3+1=39;[1d4+10+1+2d8+4]=35; Crit: 2d12=13)

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 8
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 20
AC:24, Fort:20, Reflex:24, Will:17, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:63/63, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:15, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +9
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
Shifty, Clever Strike, Piercing Strike
Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Rat Form, Raven Cloak, Mocking Strike, Press the Advantage

Combat notes: +1 damage with CA; +2 damage vs bloodied targets[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases