Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
Dorn returns the high-five with gusto.

"Jax, you never cease to amaze me. Perhaps we should check inside the house and make sure everything is ok..."

"Me? It wasn't me that turned into lightning!" Seriously, that power rocks.

Jax steps off the wolf and turns toward the house. He looks at it warily.

The kobold then struts up to the front door and starts tearing away the planks of wood and other fortifications. It's hard going - no wonder the werewolves had trouble getting inside! But he does manage to rip off enough from the door that he can poke his head inside. He does so immediately.

"Hellooo-" <BOOOOOM!!!!> A terrifying roar erupts from inside the house as Ontosh fires his boomstick at the invading "werewolf." After the smoke clears, Jax can be seen prone on the front stoop, his head missing.

"Um... why don't you check out the house, Dorn..." Why is the kobold shaking so much? Must be from the adrenaline of the battle.

[sblock=ooc]Thanks for the kind words about Jax. I think renau1g would agree that he did not start off all that powerful. In fact, I seem to remember Jax getting his kobold butt kicked quite a few times (stupid dragons and bullywugs).

Jax picks up Knockout and Combat Tumbleset as his powers, and he retrains Clever Strike into Riposte Strike. He picks up a feat that makes Riposte Strike a little better.
And he also retrains Mocking Strike into Bloodbath. The At-Will retraining at level 9, and the daily retraining at level 10.

Knockout rules, by the way. Does anyone have some big damage attacks to use with a coup de grace?[/sblock][sblock=Jax stat block]http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Jax_(Dekana)- Male Kobold Rogue 10
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 21
AC:25, Fort:21, Reflex:25, Will:18, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:73/73, Bloodied:36, Surge Value:18, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +10
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
Shifty, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike
Combat Tumbleset, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Bloodbath, Rat Form, Raven Cloak, Knockout, Press the Advantage

Combat notes: +1 damage with CA; +2 damage vs bloodied targets
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Does anyone have some big damage attacks to use with a coup de grace?

OOC: You do! Knockout, AP, Bloodbath is killer (don't know if you have it, but I've seen it in RL, it's awesome. Knockout damage + sneak attack, AP maximized Bloodbath damage + maximized sneak attack damage + maximized sneak attack damage as ongoing damage + crit dice FTW!)

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: I meant big damage for triggering the instant-kill part of a coup de grace, lol. Like some maximized 4d12 + crit attack from Sir Exsixten.
But you're right, Bloodbath sounds good. I'll retrain Mocking Strike to get that too.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: I meant big damage for triggering the instant-kill part of a coup de grace, lol. Like some maximized 4d12 + crit attack from Sir Exsixten.
But you're right, Bloodbath sounds good. I'll retrain Mocking Strike to get that too.

OOC: Heh, the first time the guy who was playing the rogue in our RL game said "hit, 35 damage, unconscious, AP, CDG crit, 58 damage and 29 ongoing, save ends" the DM just stared. :)

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I did not realize that Rogues have the best daily nova ability in the game! :eek:

After several minutes and the usage of tools that require thumbs, the party manages to free the people trapped in the house. After stating that they are coming inside Dorn opens the door and to Jax's relief they do not fire upon the party. The family still seems frightened, but soon Dorn calm's their fears and fills them in on what happened.

The husband and wife follow the party outside to see exactly what has stalked them these many nights. You said it walked upright but when it died it turned into a wolf? Maria asks. Strange, for there is a legend of such creatures. They say that long ago a werewolf was attacking cattle and people in a small settlement. No matter what they tried the people could not ward off or kill the beast. Finally after many nights of praying, the gods answered their prayers and sent a wolf from a nearby forest, one stronger and more intelligent than the rest, to kill the beast. After a fierce battle the wolf killed the werewolf, ridding the town of the menace. As a reward the gods gave the wolf human intelligence and the ability to turn into a man.

There is another version of the legend, one that is not often spoken in these parts
says the husband Ontosh. When the wolf killed the werewolf they say that the creature reverted to its true form, a gypsy man. Before his death he cursed the wolf for killing an innocent life, for the man was under the control of the moon and not his own will. The curse turned the wolf into the same murderous half-wolf beast as that of the gypsy, and eventually the villagers had to slay the beast. It is said that the creature's descendants also share the creature's curse, and its taste for human flesh. The creature became known as a wolfwere.

I have seen this beast before. Maria says further examine the beast. It belonged to our neighbor Jackques whom we mentioned earlier. Let me lead you to his house and let us see what has become of him and to ask him if sent these creatures after us.

Maria leads the way to a shabby farm about two miles away from the house. The door is not locked so the party lets themselves inside. They find no trace of the man, they do however find some very interesting objects. One is a journal belonging toJackques. In the entry with today's date Jackques writes that today he would show the foolish Maria and Ontosh the full extent of his power. They were fools to reject his offers of money for their land and that he and his "friends" would drive them away, kill them is necessary to get their homestead .

In a drawer Brenn finds a list of names: Akriel, Ludwig Blitzstein, Janice Giles, Harkon Lukas, Doyle Angelus, and Rachel Randolf are all listed, but no reason or indication of why the names are written down can be found.

In another drawer is found a trail map showing roads leading both to Harmonia and to the border of Bluetspur.

A wall safe in the house holds a collection of silver, gold, and pure iron weapons. Also inside is two diamond studded belt which Dorn and Quagmire quickly grab.

Finally in a back room is box of four normal wolf pups. They yelp as the party approaches, scared. They don't seem to be dangerous.

GM: Treasure:
Quagmire & Dorn: Diamond Cincture (wishlist)

Waist Slot
+1 item bonus to fort.
at-will, healing, minor action: If there are diamonds left you spend a healing surge and the item bonus is reduced by 1 and the diamond inside cracks. It is restored at the end of each extended rest.

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC:
No time for a real post, but Dorn's sheet is updated

[sblock=New Improved Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 10

Current Effects: none
Immediate Reactions: off

Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 24, Fort 20, Reflex 21, Will 23 (base defenses)
HP +5 TMP 72/72 Bloodied 36 Surge Value 18, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +13
Action Points: 1

Wild Soul: TBD
Note - Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
Ice Dragon's Teeth
Spark Form
Furious Assault
Narrow Escape
Stoneskin Armor
Half-Orc Resilience
Goblin Stompers
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Staggering Blast
Deep Shroud
Chaotic Defense
Luckblade Dagger
Deathstalker Dagger
Diamond Cincture

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras scowls at the story, "Bah, curses. Just really ugly ways of spreading hurt onto folks who don't deserve it. At least I got the name right. Wolfwere," he says slowly, as though trying out the word.

Upon reaching Jackques's house, he eyes the wolf pups with mock suspicion, "You're not cursed, are you? Not going to turn into little wolf-toddlers? Heh, werepups..." he trails off as a thought occurs. "Huh, I wonder if Duke Lakos is associated with Jackques. They both seem to have a lot of wolves around them. Maybe Harkon Lukas is a really shoddy fake name."

The genasi shakes his head and mutters, "So many strange wolves. This place is lousy with them."

OOC: So many names. Sorry, I should know this, but do we recognize any of the people on the list besides Akriel?

Argh, I feel like I've forgotten everything. We're supposed to meet Akriel in Skald in two days (or one day, now), right? Where's Harmonia?

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: So many names. Sorry, I should know this, but do we recognize any of the people on the list besides Akriel?

Argh, I feel like I've forgotten everything. We're supposed to meet Akriel in Skald in two days (or one day, now), right? Where's Harmonia?

GM: The party has not encountered any of the names before, besides Akriel.

You just left Harmonia. You are to meet Akriel in Skald a nearby city tomorrow :)

Dekana

Explorer
Jax glances once at the box of wolf pups and then averts his gaze. "I didn't see you if you didn't see me. Deal?"

While sifting through the contents of the wall safe, Jax says, "It must be hard pretending to be a Duke. Don't you need a noble family, a seal, something like that?" He holds up one of the silver weapons, his eyes gleaming. But it's a little too big for him. Jax sifts through the pile looking for a silvered dagger.

"What I really don't like is that list of names. We know Akriel was in danger from the wolves. I'll bet the others are too. Let's ask around for them in Skald."

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Mind if I spend 2 DM credits to get Quagmire over the hump to 9th level?

Edit: approved, so this is the official record post that I have done so.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases