D&D 4th Edition Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g) - Page 3





+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 949
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdytenor View Post
    Dorn stretches out his arms with a half-apologetic, half-exasperated facial expression.

    "We are on important business which may be beneficial to all who live in this land. We would be ever so grateful if you would waive the traditional fee." (Diplomacy 28)
    Of course, of course! An adventurer like yourself would indeed have a great and noble purpose in this town! the guard says smiling.

    But...as I am sure you can understand; I would get in trouble if I let you go through without paying. You don't want to make me lose my job, do you?


    How about this, I will give everyone the discount rate! A fee of only twenty gold each. That is not too much for strong adventurers like yourselves, surely? the guard says.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

 

  • #22
    Dorn forms a close circle with the other adventurers and speaks quietly.

    "Shall we just pay these guys and move on? I have a feeling if our mission is successful we may be able to get our money back. If not, perhaps our employer will cover the expense."

    Dorn eyes Jax with concern, aware of the kobold's... intimate relationship with money.

    "Think of it as a loan, with repayment collectible at the end of our mission."

  • #23
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Dekana
    Jax looks up to Dorn. "A loan, huh?" The kobold frowns at first, but he then sags his shoulders and sighs in defeat. Jax withdraws the 20gp toll from his coinpurse and hands it to the guard. "I guess I can earn it back in town." Thieving is an occupation, after all.
    Last edited by Dekana; Wednesday, 11th May, 2011 at 03:16 AM. Reason: typo
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #24
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore covaithe
    Quagmire frowns. "I don't like it much either, but he's right. This ain't the fight we came here for. Unless yer prophecy of dire evil refers t' unfair tariff laws."

    He leans over and whispers to Jax, "We can always be stealin' it back on th' way outta town, if these folks're jerks."
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #25
    Dorn sighs with relief, his natural tendency toward conflict-avoidance satisfied. He hands over the twenty gold. Hopefully at the end of our mission we'll still be around to ask for it back, he thinks darkly.

  • #26
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore covaithe
    Quagmire, too, fishes out a handful of gold for the guard.

    ooc: for the record
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #27
    Sir Exsixten pauses swinging his axe and does a quick survey of the area.

    APPROXIMATELY TWENTY GOLD UNITS ARE ALREADY DISTRIBUTED AROUND THE PREMISES. I WOULD ADVISE LEAVING THEM WHERE THEY LIE, FOR, BLESSED BY THE TOUCH OF SIR EXSIXTEN'S MIGHTY SWORD, THEY WILL SOON GROW INTO GOLD TREES.

    OOC: 20gp paid.

  • #28
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,084
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore pathfinderq1
    From where he stood at the back of the group, Brenn lofted a small pouch of gold gently towards the guardsman. Most of his attention seemed focused back the way they had come- as if he were watching to see if they had been followed. It might have occurred to the group by now that he was being even more quiet than usual- he hadn't really said a word since they left the tavern...

    OOC

    >I'm back out from under the pile of work. Still have to update Brenn's sheet and stat block- will do that as soon as I can- and I'll mark off the 20 gold. We got 500 gp to start- was that each? If so, Brenn will probably pick up a Bag of Holding.


  • #29
    Andras grins toothily at the guards as he hands over his fee.

  • #30
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinderq1 View Post
    OOC

    >I'm back out from under the pile of work. Still have to update Brenn's sheet and stat block- will do that as soon as I can- and I'll mark off the 20 gold. We got 500 gp to start- was that each? If so, Brenn will probably pick up a Bag of Holding.

    GM: Yep 500 gold each
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. Replies: 236
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th January, 2013, 06:32 PM
    3. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM
    4. [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 161
      Last Post: Monday, 15th November, 2010, 03:05 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •