D&D 4th Edition Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g) - Page 30




+ Log in or register to post
Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 949
  1. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by covaithe View Post
    OOC: Mind if I spend 2 DM credits to get Quagmire over the hump to 9th level?
    GM: Sure go ahead
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

 

  • #292
    Sir Exsixten comes striding back.

    WHY ARE THE CITIZENS STILL STANDING AROUND. SIR EXSIXTEN SAVED A
    very SMALL COUNTRY courtyard WHILE THEY WERE STANDING AROUND. DON'T FORGET OUR REASONS FOR BEING HERE:

    <ENABLE REPLAYOMETER... ACCESSING... DREDGING MEMORY SEWERS... RUNNING ILLUSION/ALLUSION/FALSIFICATION SCREEN... HEAPING RESULTS... PLAY>

    The warforged hunkers down, makes a series of high-pitched beeps and trills, then a shimmering image appears out of a small aperture on Sir Exsixten's chest. It seems to be a young woman in white robes with hair coiled around her ears.

    "Help me Obi Wan Kanobi, you're my only-" she says before Sir Exsixten bangs his shield against his head.

    The image is replaced by a low angle image of Sir Exsixten, posing and saying the following to a young woman:

    WE WILL PRY FREE THE GRIP FATE HAS CLENCHED ON YOUR NUPTIAL ARRANGEMENTS. WE WILL KILL THESE SOLDIERS HOLD THE CROWN AND AVENGE YOUR ANCESTORS!

    WITH DUKE LATOS' ARMY AND THE POWER OF THE CROWN, WE WILL ASSAULT
    DOMINIANI, DESTROY THEIR FELL ARMY, AND BRING GUNDARAK TO SWEET JUSTICE! CITIZENS, ONWARD TO SEIZE THE CROWN!

    The image disappears as Sir Exsixten returns to his feet.

    THERE, REMEMBER WHAT OUR QUEST IS NOW?
    Last edited by Iron Sky; Saturday, 6th August, 2011 at 07:36 PM.

  • #293
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    Quagmire blinks. "...I guess we got us some work t'do, eh?"

    OOC: Quagmire is updated. Changes of note:
    * retrained Wolf Pack Tactics for Rousing Assault. This party is more likely to need healing than mobility
    * Picked up Inspired Recovery: if you spend an AP within sight of Quagmire, you can make a saving throw at +5. That's in addition to recovering 11 HP, of course.
    * learned Knock Them Down: daily that knocks a bunch of people prone.


    Quagmire


    Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 9
    Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
    AC:22, Fort:20, Reflex:17, Will:20 -- Speed:5
    HP:66/66, Bloodied:33, Surge Value:16, Surges left:9/9
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    MBA +13 vs. AC, 1d8+5 damage
    Powers
    Rousing Assault, Commander's strike, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Throwing shield
    Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word x2, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition,
    Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Knock Them Down, Vanguard longsword, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield

    Notes:
    • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
    • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 11 HP and can make a saving throw at +5

    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #294
    Quote Originally Posted by covaithe View Post
    Quagmire blinks. "...I guess we got us some work t'do, eh?"
    "Yes we do. Remind me never to get a pet..." Dorn says, shaking his head at his metallic friend's antics and smiling slightly.

    OOC:
    Two out of three of Dorn's dailies now target a single enemy, whereas previously he had so many multi-enemy attacks that he often didn't get full use of them. He also picked up a sweet little "take half damage and teleport far, far away" encounter utility that should make it easier for him to wade into the thick of things without (as much) fear.

  • #295
    GM: Is everyone all set with there character sheet (besides Brenn)?


    After investigating the house the party decides to call it a night and makes their way back to the homestead followed by Maria. Oddly enough they are also followed by the wolf pups, who have seem to taken a liking to Sir ExSixTen. They playfully bark and nip at his heels as as he walks. The party sleeps the night in the barn as there is little room in the house, each curled up in the straw in their own individual spot, besides Sir ExSixTen whom the pups sleep next to.

    Sir ExSixTen

    When you wake you notice that the bite marks you received from Jackques have not been fully been repaired by your self-maintenance systems. There are still small puncture wounds in your armor and the part around the wounds appear rusty and corroded.

    In the morning the group is treated with chicken for breakfast. Maria comments that one of the chickens must have been eaten by a wolf in the battle, as one appears to be missing.

    After much examination using his arcane talents, Dorn deduces that the wolf pups are normal and do not have the potential to turn into wolfwere. Maria and Ontosh decide to keep them as pets, thinking that they could use the protection.

    Thanking you once again for your help, Ontosh, Maria and their children wave goodbye to the party as they walk back to the road to Skald. The sun is bright and cheerful and the walk easy. All terrors of last night are driven from memory.

    Soon you reach the grand city known as Skald and find yourself walking through a scattering of buildings which lie to the south of the town walls. Most of them are made of scrap lumber and even those that have been built of better materials have a look of poverty about them. Despite their initial appearance however, many of them look quite sturdy and are
    protected with thick doors and shutters sporting large locks or bars.

    The constant drone of insects serves to distract you from the constant scurrying of rodents as the poor and wretched go about their daily labors. Now and then, one of the inhabitants stops to look you over suspiciously. Without exception, there is a look of hunger and menace that cannot be concealed by a feigned smile or polite nod of the head.

    Taking Jax's advice you quickly make your way through the Out Town area and find that the road passes through the shattered body of a once mighty fortress. It is hexagonal in shape, with walls standing some 20' high. Two towers are set into the north and south corners of the keep, both standing 25 feet tall. The northern walls are still a part of the city's defenses and, as such, are well maintained. The southern half of the building, however, died long ago.

    As you look upon this deserted building, the shadows themselves seem to take on the form of guards standing at their posts. This place has a presence about it, a long and honorable tradition of duty and service. When the wind blows, one can almost hear the marching of troops and the orders of officers. If ever a place seemed right for ghosts, this is it.

    You turn right and find that the streets in this section of town are all cobblestone affairs. The buildings here are larger and more artistic than those in the other areas of town. Clearly, this is a place for the wellto-do. Here and there, lawns and gardens accent the neighborhoods, and the scent of flowers dances lightly in the air. As you wander through this part of town, however, you notice that there are many patrols, unlike that of the Out Town. Although there seems to be no outward sign of suspicion in their eyes, the guards always seem to look at your party for a few seconds longer than they do anyone else. From time to time, a whispered conversation breaks out between members of the watch as you pass them.

    Andras asks a passerby direction to The Old Kartakan Inn where you are to meet with Akriel. The man points down the road but does not speak. Walking down the road reach your destination. It is a breathtaking sight. From atop a high, stone cliff, twin waterfalls plunge downward to shatter what might otherwise be a peaceful pond. The roar is incredible, muting all other sounds, and a cloud of mist fills the air at all times. In the center of the bubbling, churning lake (known locally as The Cauldron) stands a natural stone island. Long ago polished to a smooth, rounded form by the raging water it now supports a proud and stately structure: The Old Kartakan Inn. The perpetual fog of The Cauldron's waters hangs heavy about the inn, giving the place an almost supernatural look. Here and there, moving bodies can be seen in the mists. The obscuring properties of this shroud, however, make it difficult to tell if they are human or some form of ghostly apparition.

    Entering the stately doors you find yourself in a fancy carpeted room. The walls are made of polished dark wood and are adorned by expensive looking paintings. A small man standing behind a desk looks up at you as you enter. Yes? How may I help you? he says in a voice that is doubtful that anyone in the group could afford such opulence.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #296
    Dorn bows politely, the top of his head showing a shock of red hair (Wild Soul for the day: fire).

    "We are expected," Dorn says quietly, looking around. "Can you tell us if someone in this fine establishment has been awaiting our arrival?" (Diplomacy 22)

  • #297
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdytenor View Post
    Dorn bows politely, the top of his head showing a shock of red hair (Wild Soul for the day: fire).

    "We are expected," Dorn says quietly, looking around. "Can you tell us if someone in this fine establishment has been awaiting our arrival?" (Diplomacy 22)
    Hmm, says the man opening a small book. Who is expecting you?
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #298
    Dorn eyes his allies nervously, unsure whether he should speak Akriel's name aloud.

  • #299
    SIR EXSIXTEN HAS ACQUIRED A STRANGE PLAGUE! FURRY ORGANISMS HAVE BONDED TO HIM AND TRACK HIS EVERY MOVE... BUT WAIT, MAYBE THIS ISN'T A PLAGUE - IT'S AN AUDIENCE.

    He stops and turns to the pups, which all sit facing him, tails wagging.

    YOUR ARE MY WOLFOIDS, MY PACK OF PREDACIOUS PEACEKEEPERS. TOGETHER WE SHALL ROAM THIS HAUNTED LAND AND PURGE IT OF ALL THE... Suddenly, he notices the rust and corrosion around a set of bite-marks in his frame.

    BY THE LORDS OF AWESOME, WHAT MANNER OF ROWDY WENCH DID SIR EXSIXTEN SPEND THE NIGHT WITH LAST NIGHT?

    <HEAL-BOT X610 SELF-DIAGNOSTIC UNIT ACTIVE, ANALYZING...>

    Heal 24
    1d20+13=24 to examine "wound".

  • #300
    Andras steps up to the host, smiling semi-charmingly, "Pretty girl, dark hair, could stand to see a little more sun, maybe a bit nervous-looking."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. Replies: 236
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th January, 2013, 06:32 PM
    3. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM
    4. [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 161
      Last Post: Monday, 15th November, 2010, 03:05 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •