D&D 4th Edition Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g) - Page 4


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 949
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    After the party pays the guard opens the gate for them to pass. As you leave, you notice the other guards scrambling around trying to pick up the gold pieces that Sir ExSixTen scattered about.

    Exiting the tunnel you are greeted by the city of Harmonia. Large stone buildings tower above you, much grander in design to that of the last venture into Ravenloft. As you walk down the streets, nearby vendors sing the praises of their wares in their melodious voices:

    Meekulbrau! Imported from Skald! Only five gold for a wineskin! A drink a day keeps your teeth from becoming gray!

    Could I interest you in fine wolf-skin rugs? The wolves don't need them anymore. They cannot afford them because they are now too poor!

    As the party walks on the they notice that singing can be heard coming from most of the surrounding areas. Laborers doing their daily routine, the proprietor of the nearby inn, a grand opera coming from the local amphitheater; coming from all can be heard voices loud with song. It seems like music is party of the inhabitants daily lives.

    As the group meanders down a narrow road however, the singing grows quieter and quieter. Suddenly a short, leathery skinned old man comes bounding out of a building just down the street. He is carrying an old short sword in one hand while a ring of skeleton keys flails about in his other. He spots the party and dashes towards the group with panic in his eyes. Although your command of the local language is still weak, you are able to make out his words.

    "Help! Help!" he cries. When he reaches the group he stumbles to a halt. "Help, I say! One of me inmates has escaped his cell! And I'll be cursed if 'e ain't a mean one!" As he draws his hand across his dark forehead, you see that it comes away soaked in blood. A nasty gash runs along his hairline, above his left eye. Help! 'e can't be let escape into the city!

    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,144
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore pathfinderq1
    My communities:

    Brenn's gaze rested on the man for only the briefest of moments- then he began to scan the area where the bloodied fellow had come from. He shrugged one shoulder, shifting his quiver a bit closer to hand- but he didn't reach for an arrow yet. "How is this not the sort of problem to be handled by those overpaid guards at the gate? Or do they only keep people OUT of town, and ignore trouble within?"

  • #33
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

    Quagmire snorts. "Ain't that th'way it goes everywhere? Well, better show us where yer problem is, stranger, an' we'll see if it be the sorta thing we might be helpin' ye with, eh?" He gestures at the old man to lead the way.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #34
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Iron Sky
    ROGER ROGER, Sir Exsixten says, brandishing his axe.

    <WARM UP MURDER MOTORS, INITIATE INCLEMENT AFFLICTION INFLICTION INJECTORS, ROTATE RAMPAGE ROTORS, VIVACIOUS VOLUMES OF VIOLENCE INCOMING!>

  • #35
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    I have guards, one of them is already dead... They others are fighting that..that...thing! the old man wheezes. Come quickly! he motions to the party and runs inside a building just down the street. The party rushes after him.

    Inside you find a room containing a small, very worn table surrounded by several chairs. People seem to have left the room in a hurry, for the chairs have been knocked over and a deck of cards has been scattered across the table and floor. Several mugs rest atop the table, two of which have been overturned, filling the room with the pungent aroma of hops and barley. A pair of thick oak doors has been set into the north wall. They look strong enough to keep even the strongest of men at bay. The old man quickly takes a key out and opens the door, rushing through.

    You come upon a corridor. The walls of this area are all made from hardwood, stained dark brown or black with the passage of time. The smell of lamp oil fills the air and it soon becomes obvious that much of the coloration on the walls is soot. As you run through this area after the old man, you cannot help but notice that the dark wooden hallway ahead is interrupted by a series of solid looking iron portcullises. He is in there. The old man says, pointing to theportcullises. He has gone mad and turned into some kind of... creature. He has to be stopped or he might get loose into the city. Stay here, the old man wheezes. I will open the portcullises and close them behind you once you are inside, so he cannot get loose. I will open it up again once he is taken care of.

    Suddenly there is a howl, a crash, and a scream coming from the direction of the iron portcullises. The old man looks panicked and rushes back the way you came. Within seconds the iron portcullises open. You see that door on the last cell in the area in front of you has been torn open by some great force. Several of its bars are bent and twisted, as if someone had taken a great hammer to them, and it dangles upon only one of its three hinges. Many deep, parallel gouges are carved into the wooden furniture, making it look as if someone had slashed it repeatedly with a very sharp knife.

    GM: The group is now outside the iron portcullises and has yet to go past them.

    @covaithe Do you have a picture you would like me to use for Quagmire?
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #36
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Iron Sky
    Sir Exsixten motions for the group to stop and drops to a cautious crouch, his voice the closest thing to a whisper anyone has heard from him yet.

    CITIZENS, WE MUST TREAD CAREFULLY HERE. THERE MIGHT BE SOME POWERFUL FORCE LURKING HERE, SOME TERRIBLE CREATURE THAT HAS DONE THESE THINGS. IF YOU STARTLE IT OR SCARE IT AWAY, IT MIGHT NOT FIGHT US, WE'LL MISS OUT ON IT NEARLY KILLING US IN BATTLE, AND ALL THIS WILL HAVE BEEN FOR NOTHING!

    Sir Exsixten turns towards the portcullises, walks beneath one of them and speaks loudly to some imaginary person next to him.

    GOSH AND GEE, VERILY I DOTH FEAR THERE MIGHT BE SOME TERRIBLE CREATURE HERE! AS A LITTLE HUMAN GIRL, MY MEAT IS TENDER, SHOULD THINGS THAT LIKE EATING TENDER HUMAN GIRL MEAT BE AROUND. IF HUMAN MEAT DOESN'T ROUSE THE MONSTROUS APPETITE, THEN WHOOPS! I FORGOT THAT I AM A... A...

    Bluff 4
    1d20+2=4


    Sir Exsixten turns back to the group.

    QUICKLY, WHAT ELSE DO MONSTERS LIKE TO EAT?
    Last edited by Iron Sky; Saturday, 14th May, 2011 at 07:46 AM.

  • #37
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Dekana
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Exsixten
    IF YOU STARTLE IT OR SCARE IT AWAY, IT MIGHT NOT FIGHT US, WE'LL MISS OUT ON IT NEARLY KILLING US IN BATTLE, AND ALL THIS WILL HAVE BEEN FOR NOTHING!
    "Oh, what a shame that would be." Jax says sarcastically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Exsixten
    "QUICKLY, WHAT ELSE DO MONSTERS LIKE TO EAT?"
    "Kobolds, I find."

    Jax unsheathes his daggers and prepares himself for a fight. He doesn't even bother to suggest scouting ahead. The monster sounds much too hungry to risk that.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #38
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    nerdytenor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,999
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore nerdytenor
    My communities:

    Seeing Jax pull his daggers is enough to convince Dorn it is time to draw his.

    "I have a feeling whatever is on the other side is not prepared for idle conversation."

  • #39
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,144
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore pathfinderq1
    My communities:

    Brenn moved forward, sheltered behind the more heavily armored warriors. He stopped just a pace inside the portcullis- when it closed it would be right at his back, with no room for a foe to get behind him. Then he shifted his cloak a bit, making sure his quiver was clear. He set one arrow on the string, ready to draw...

    OOC

    >Activating Aspect of the Dancing Serpent; Initiative roll (we will need it sooner or later) 1d20+10= 18; roll Roll Lookup
    >Passive Perception 28, can't be surprised

  • #40
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

    Quagmire grins, showing weathered teeth. "Sounds feisty. Reminds me of a certain lady friend o' my acquaintance... ah, but now ain't th'time fer stories, I guess. Let's have some fun, lads!"

    He shrugs to settle his armor in place, then draws sword and takes up a position near Sir Exsixten.

    OOC: For picture, the best I've managed to find is this guy: http://wizards.com/dnd/images/Monster2_gallery/95.jpg
    The hobgoblin, that is, not the monkey-dog-thing. Not completely thrilled with it, but there isn't a lot of good hobgoblin art out there. If you find something better, feel free to use that instead. Here's an initiative roll for me, too: 10. Remember that everyone near Quagmire gets +2 to initiative.


    Quagmire
    Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 7
    Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
    AC:21, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:18 -- Speed:5
    HP:56/56, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:14, Surges left:9/9
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    MBA +11 vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage
    Powers
    Wolf Pack Tactics, Commander's strike, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Throwing shield
    Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word x2, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition,
    Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Vanguard longsword, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield

    Notes:
    • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
    • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 9 HP

    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 03:27 AM
    2. Replies: 236
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th January, 2013, 07:32 PM
    3. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 09:23 AM
    4. [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 161
      Last Post: Monday, 15th November, 2010, 04:05 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 06:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •