Gamma World to Return -- What Else Should Come Back?

William Ronald

Explorer
As mentioned on the news page, Gamma World will be produced next year as a setting for D20 Modern by Sword and Sorcery Studios. The press release is at http://www.swordsorcery.com/swordsorcery/press/GammaWorld.html

While the game was at times quirky, I was able to have fun with it over the years. (On one occassion, a friend had a rough night and I cheered him up by helping him create a character. Let's say that he was glad to learn that cyborgs can be anatomically correct.:D ) So, I am looking forward to this product.

The question arises what other liscenses from TSR or other companies should be brought back as D20 products. For example, I could really enjoy a good version of the TOP SECRET game. (I played a few versions of that. If any one wants to put a new version out, Merle M. Rasmussen might be willing to work on it. At least get the man for an introduction or ask for his stamp of approval.

So, my fellow EN Worlders, what do you want someone to produce either as a D20 Modern or a D20 product? For that matter, what should NEVER be dragged out again into the light of day. Game systems, supplements, and adventures are all open for your recommendations or condemnations as the case may be.

teitan

Legend
Gamma World rocked the booty a good bit, though I enjoyed Omega World, it seemed a bit off for the kinds of things I would love to do Gamma style.

What I would like to see come back though is Dark Matter and Stardrive. They were pretty cool settings for Alternity and D20 Modern seems to have lifted a lot of ideas from Alternity. I would also love to see some of the Amazing Engine settings come back. Marvel Superheroes would be so cool as well.

Mostly I want to see new things myself. Top Secret can be easily updated with Spycraft so I don't tend to include it.

Jason

Sunglar

Explorer
Old TSR games I would love to see… Star Frontiers! I loved that clunker, played it for years and they are among my fondest memories of gaming. So count my vote for a D20 version.

My second choice, right after that would be the XXV Century game based on the Buck Rogers Universe, not the awful 30’s version they did after that. Talk about an offensive and crappy book!

Boothill I only played once and never had the book, but I’d like to see a new version.

Gangbusters (that is the Gangsters game if I remember correctly) never caught my fancy, and Metamorphosis Alpha seemed like a silly concept in all the incarnations I have seen.

Now that I mention it some of the Amazing Engine worlds, Bughunters and For Queen and Country seemed fun when I read them, but I never played it. The system never sparked my imagination.

Sunglar

Explorer
I partially agree with teitan… Dark Matter was great and would work perfectly as a setting for D20 Modern. Stardrive was another matter. I loved the races and some concepts, but the delivery, the implementation of the ideas, for me at least, failed to really move me to even consider it as an alternative.

Lisa Nadazdy

First Post
I would favour Boot Hill as well, but the market has never been strong for westerns. Besides, Citizen Games has a d20 book called Sidewinder which does that job pretty well.

I'd like to see a new line of Star Frontiers, which i think could be updated in terms of setting and sophistication. I think Metamorphasis Alpha could work, but it really is a variation of Gamma World, so I think it would make for a good add-on product.

EarthsShadow

First Post
I'll also favor the return of dark matter and star drive, superheroes are covered right now by the plethora of supers games that have made a surge into the market.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Another one for DarkMatter

Chalk up another one for DarkMatter!

Cheers!

Maggan

Yep. Dark*Matter all the way. Top Secret seems superfluous with Spycraft in print, but along the more standard D&D OOP settings, I really want to see Planescape in print again. For non-D&D settings that I would love to see come back in d20 format (ala Traveller) I'd vote for Space 1880 (was that the name of that game?) That was tons o' fun as a setting, at least.

zouron

First Post
despite my eternal love and devotion (yadda yadda yadda) to Masque of the Red Death (Ravenloft expansion) I think Dark*Matter is so perfect for D20 Modern it hurts... so sign me up for the dark*matter wanting team.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
So everybody here agree taht Dark*Matter d20 should be already at the printers...

Let's hope they hear us...

Remove ads