Gamma World to Return -- What Else Should Come Back?

Naw, CoC isn't quite pulpy enough -- the characters are way too fragile. I don't recall Dark*Matter featuring PCs dying and going insane every other session (or more.) d20 Modern is good middle-ground between the certain death characters of Cthulhu and the over-the-top weirdness of regular D&D.

I was noticing that CoC did make the PCs rather...fragile would be the best word I suppose...oh well, CoC will be fun no matter what...

And if I want Dark*Matter...well... well I guess I'll just have to go out and buy d20 modern :D

Bendris Noulg

First Post
BOZ said:
i'd like to see a d20 version of that old game, Dungeons and Dragons.
Where were you when I lived in Chicago?

As it is, though, I'd like to see Conan redone, even if just a Polyhedron release. A solid low-magic setting wihtout a doubt.

I'd love to see Darksun and Al-Qadim revamped for D20. Masque of the Red Death, too, for D20 modern. (Why not just let White Wolf do it? They've done just fine with Ravenloft so far, and maybe I'd get to work on it. :D)

Speaking of bringing back blasts from the past, am I the only who would be interested in playing in (or even writing) a D&D/D20 version of the setting from the old Bard's Tale computer games? :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I got my wish when Ravenloft was brought back, but I wouldn't mind seeing Dark Sun make a come-back either. Planescape was nice too.

I would vote for Dark Matter, but it takes such minimal effort to do that now with d20 Modern that it barely seems worth it.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Well

I also want to add Planescape to my wish list.

And... hmmm... I'd really like to see a Conan d20.

Cheers

Maggan

(oh, and by the way, someone wanted Muntant Chronicles d20. If any publisher wants to pick it up again, I'm available as a writer for hire for that!)

Dismas

First Post
BiggusGeekus@Work said:
"For Fairie, Queen, and Country"

::listens to the crickets chirping and realizes he is alone in this::

You're not alone. I would love to see this, even just for the magic system.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
What else should come back

Gary N. Mengle said:
I also wouldn't mind a d20 Boot Hill, though I doubt the viability of such a product in the marketplace. It might do okay as a one-shot stand-alone, though.

The key to Boot Hill isn't the system but the setting. I recently ran a Boot Hill/AD&D Hybrid campaign. I had each player roll up characters for a modified Boot Hill setting, but using the AD&D rules (including the various races, classes & deities). I treated all characters as 2nd level, 0 experience, and played close to AD&D, just using the Boot Hill tables for prices of things, fist fights and wound location. I also had a copy of an original 1982 TSR Boot Hill module for more detail of the town the characters were in. I planned this as a one night game, but the players all enjoyed it, so it actually ran for five nights.

The current campaign (except for the most recent game) is posted on the Story Hour as "Promise City, Arizona". Other detail about the hybrid system, and history of this world (as it includes the AD&D races, classes & deities) is on the "Plots & Places" message board as "Boot Hill/AD&D Hybrid".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases