Gamma World to Return -- What Else Should Come Back?

Frostmarrow

First Post
I just learned that my first role-playing game is coming back. Yay! It was called Mutant and was released in the early eighties. I was eleven or something at the time. The game is set in a post apocalyptic version of Scandinavia where mutants and non-mutants fight it out, all the while the psi-mutants watch from the shadows.

It was this game that eventually evolved into Mutant Chronicles but there is no common ground between the games (save the name).

Even though you don't speak Swedish you might enjoy the artwork of www.mutant.nu

You've got to love those rubbits! :D

mutant_wallpaper_tn.jpg

Oh, and yes I forgot. A game that has renamed Copenhagen to Necropolis has got to be good. ;)

Last edited:

Sunglar

Explorer
I'll add to my wish list...

B5 D20, I MUST have it!

Masque of the Red Death, let White Wolf do it like someone said! Let it be their first D20 Modern book.

All the Amazing Engine books had potential, A Poly mini-game on those sounds like FUN!

As far as D&D worlds go, I'll say the one no one has, The Known World! The one with Karameikos in it, the old D&D basic world. I love that world! I read ALL they published... Imagine a new Vogages of the Princess Ark feature in Dragon...

Ah the memories.

edbonny

Explorer
Planescape...

I would love to see Monte Cook take control of Planescape and bring that amazing setting into 3e with all the wonderful bells and whistles and whirring modrons that he brought to 2e PS (and all his 3e writing, too).

- Ed Bonny

Gary N. Mengle

First Post
Originally posted by Sunglar
Masque of the Red Death, let White Wolf do it like someone said! Let it be their first D20 Modern book.

I'd buy that.

As far as D&D worlds go, I'll say the one no one has, The Known World! The one with Karameikos in it, the old D&D basic world. I love that world! I read ALL they published... Imagine a new Vogages of the Princess Ark feature in Dragon...

I already mentioned it: Mystara is the D&D Known World.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Dark*Matter!

I'll add my vote to the tally for Dark*Matter. I finally bought a copy at the Chicago Game Day, and I'm just blown away. It's a perfect fit for d20 Modern (waaay moreso than CoC; sorry Monte!) and would be dead-easy to port over. WotC would be *crazy* not to do this.

And for news on Brithright 3e: www.birthright.net. I couldn't tell if this was an official product or not.

Hmm... honestly, I can't think of any other old TSR properties that I think deserve a comeback, especially since most of the genres these properties were set in are covered by other products (e.g., who needs Top Secret when we've got Spycraft?).

However, while they are not "old" properties, I'd love to see WotC start putting out Polyhedron "annuals", i.e., a nicely-bound collection of all the mini-games published in the previous year. Yeah, I already have the magazines, but it'd just be nice to have them a) in a more durable format and 2) all in one place.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
BiggusGeekus@Work said:
"For Fairie, Queen, and Country"

::listens to the crickets chirping and realizes he is alone in this::

You're not alone! Someone definitely needs to make it so!

Originally posted by Sunglar

A FFQAC/MOTRD crossover? (I don't mind acronyms.) You'd need equipment lists for the 1870s, 1880s, and 1890s... but you could also set up a wonderful Unseelie/Red Death story arc for the characters to run across. I get chills. Really! Chills!

Hey, I bet the rights to FFQAC would be pretty cheap right now... and so would Amazing Engine: Tabloid!

I envision a FFQAC/MOTRD/Space:1889 crossover, though Space:1889 is (and has always been) in other hands of course.

::listens for crickets::

Oh yeah, and another vote for Star Frontiers (Zebulon's Guide version). My childhood demands to be revisited! :) Add on Al-Qadim and Birthright, and I think that pretty much does it for the lines I want to see reborn.

Last edited:

Sunglar

Explorer
Well this just keeps on going…

Gary, I’m sorry I did not catch your Mystara reference. I LOVED that world, ok its high magic and the cultures are all clustered in a strange way, but I just love it!

Space 1899 would be great, along with Masque of the Red Death; I just love the Victorian Age.

Actually Space 1899 got me interested in the Victorian Age, I was in High School and realized how little I knew of the time. I started reading up, and now I’m finishing my Masters in English Lit, specialized in Victorian Literature! Thank you Space 1899.

And I will reiterate, STAR FRONTIERS! We want it!

Ok back to reading posts…

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases