Gamma World to Return -- What Else Should Come Back?

Lonely in my tastes

Me,
I'd love to see more spelljammer material than just the minigame.

And Hollowworld, that setting was really innovative- and get Allston to write it too.

I just love having nonstandard tastes. :)

Re: Lonely in my tastes

A few of you have mentioned Masque of the Red Death.

There is a 3e version already. The RPGA's Living Death campaign is set in the 1890s, and uses a 3e conversion of the old 2e MotRD rules.

There is a free player's guide at the Living Death website. It has enough information to run a homebrew MotRD 3e campaign--classes, spells, etc.

daveinhb

First Post
The GOOD ol days

Lets hope for a great remake true to spirit of Gamma World. We had an awesome Top Secret Campaign where a simple skirmish would up destroying an entire town, and Boot Hill was fun, for a bit, too. Might have to check out spycraft.

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Put me down for Star Frontiers and The Bard's Tale.

Mystara - I would be interested - provided they whack off the name "Mystara" and return it to the "Known World" and remove any and all of the crap added to that world post-1987 (real time) AND set the timeline at 1000 AD and NEVER EVER MOVE IT.

IOW, the "source" material is:

B1-B12
X1-X13
DA1-DA4
CM1-CM9
M1-M5
IM1-IM3
Boxed Sets: Basic, Expert, Companion, Master, Immortals
GAZ1-14
Dawn of the Emperors
AC1-13

and NOTHING ELSE. Everything added after this was, IMO, unadulterated crap meant to turn the coolest (IMO) setting ever published into the Forgotten Vodka (instead of the Forgotten Rums).

--The Sigil

Last edited:

D.Shaffer

First Post
Gamma World? No.

Forget Gamma World. Give me..Gammarauders! True it wasnt technically an RPG, but it was a great setting.

50 foot talk killer cyborg penguins! With guns! And Hoverbike support! :)

Teleporturtles! FOWLOTE! Lab Rats! Cars with fins! Elvis!

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I'd love to see Hollow World updated to 3E. Babylon 5 would be interesting, but I'm not sure D20 would capture it well. Star Frontiers would be wonderful as D20.

I think D20 Modern with a modified magic system could hand Shadowrun quite well. I'd also love to see the Amazing Engine games brought back as a Polyhedron Mini-Games.

I'm pretty much willing to give almost anything a chance as long as it is well done. :)

fusangite

First Post
I'm hoping that Gamma World will be flexible enough that one can port the core rules to 21st, 22nd or 23rd century post-apocalyptic campaign worlds and to the metamorphosis alpha setting. The peculiar specificity of Gamma World is what I thought kept it from becoming a more popular game. Every time I've run Gamma World, it's been with rules modifications to fit it into different eras and settings.

Frostmarrow said:
Oh, and yes I forgot. A game that has renamed Copenhagen to Necropolis has got to be good. ;)
Hmprf... :mad: ;)

Other than a brief period of playing Boot Hill & Warhammer, I never played any other PnP RPG than D&D. A system I found fascinating though was the CRPG Darklands. I spend hours experimenting with the character generation system, and even though the game itself was somewhat limited (expansions were planned but never appeared) it was a lot of fun. It's skill based though, so it isn't readily convertible to d20.

Remove ads