Proposal: Disallow themes until further notice. :PASSED:

CaBaNa

First Post
Cheers,

Proposal: Disallow themes until further notice.

This will avoid the upcoming problem of auto-allowed general themes.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I want to see the other themes but right now 1 of the 4 themes is greatly OP'd (Shield for everyone!) compared to the others (IMO). I would vote but we still have a bit until the end of the month + the waiting period.

IMO they gutted them for essential classes too... the ones in Dark Sun were awesome, these are more like a 4-5/10 in execution.

BenBrown

First Post
I think we really need to wait until we have a fuller sense of what themes are going to be available before allowing them. I still feel that someone with just a copy of PHB1 or HoFL or HoFK should be able to make a character straight out of the book and play here without requiring access to any additional material.

CaBaNa

First Post
dimsdale just hit the nail on the head with that one.

Let's wait this one out a bit longer than the normal approval period, get the community more information, and avoid "taking candy away" later.

please vote yes, to disallowing themes until further notice.

twilsemail

First Post
Having now seen what they brought out for themes in this month's articles, I think the community would be better served by creating our own themes. Barring that, I think themes should be left out of L4W.

I'd love to see themes show up as a pillar of character creation in L4W. I'd love to see those themes be more along the DS lines than the ones put forth in Rich Baker's article.

What were the steps involved in getting our own backgrounds?

renau1g

First Post
A proposal (such as this one) detailing exactly what you'd like to add.

Oh, and I think at this point I'll vote YES on this proposal also.

covaithe

Explorer
I haven't seen anyone really itching to have a theme for their char the moment they come out, and I think that "themes only for some" is worse than "no themes", so YES.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases