[Adventure] Dusk and Her Embrace (Judge: THB)

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Dusk and Her Embrace
Adventure for character levels 4th - 6th.​

Player Characters:
Bellegon Darksun (MetaVoid) - Drow Warlock 6 (Striker)
Brondin Hurndin (jsb420) - Dwarf Runepriest|Warden Level 4 (Defender)
Deimos Vrago (Walking Dad) - Tiefling Mage 4 (Controller)
Ghourra Gravedigger (Son of Meepo) - Mul Cleric|Warlord 4 (Leader)
Tana (drothgery) - Gnome Swordmage 4 (Defender)

[sblock=Rules and Guidelines]

Die Rolls: Please use an online die roller - Invisible Castle is very popular. If you prefer, feel free to use the forum die roller.

Skill Checks: Standard fare for these forums. I'll sometimes post skill DCs with the results in a spoiler block. I'll mark results that are due to a passive check, and if you have a passive check equal to or greater, go ahead and read it. On all senses checks (Insight or Perception) you can automatically use your passive check if it is higher than the DC. Otherwise, you'll need to complete an active skill check, which requires a minor action if in combat. Please post the results of your roll for those active checks. There may also be spoiler text directed to a specific character. Don't read blocks that are not addressed to you. Everyone will be on their honor not to use any information for passive checks you would not pass or active checks your do not make/pass.

Combat: We'll be using Mal Malenkirk's combat rules.

Here's how it works: I'll roll initiative for the PCs (to keep things moving), and I'll roll one initiative for the monsters as a single group. The players with higher initiative than the monsters will go first, then the monsters, then all of the PCs. Combat will continue in this fashion - monsters as one group, then the PCs as one group for the remainder of the encounter.

Combat Posts: In addition to description and dialogue, please put your actions (marked as minor, move, and standard), in the order you take them, in a spoiler block, along with all die roll results. Also, post a stat block in your combat posts. This is very important as it saves me time updating everything for the next post.

I'll include a map of the combat area, the terrain effects, the enemy actions (including status effects inflicted), as well as enemy statistics. I'll be including their basic defenses so that you can resolve your attacks without waiting for a confirmation from me but I won't include hit points until you bloody/kill that particular monster type for the first time.

Treasure: I will be using character wishlists to hand out treasure so if you don't have one on the wiki, please add one.

Deadlines: I'd like to keep this on a 48 hour cycle, but I'm flexible. My preferred way is (in combat, at least) to give 48 hours for players to post at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only.

If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character.

Out of Character Content: Post out of character content in an appropriately marked spoiler block. I don't mind metagaming when it comes to tactics so you can even post tactical discussions.

Character Token: If you have a character portrait you'd like to use for your map token, go ahead and post it with one of your posts. Otherwise, I'll try to find something within the spirit of your character.

If you have any questions about the above, feel free to ask.
[/sblock]

The streets of Cliffside can be a dangerous place. A rough and tumble region of Sharn, this area houses the docks and quays responsible for the importing and exporting of goods vital to the survival of the citizens living within. Cliffside is one of the most crime-ridden wards in all of Sharn. Some say the problem is exacerbated by the presence of sahuagin in the ward, who sell their services as guides through the Straits of Shargon.

Ship's Tower is a seedy waterfront district. Gigantic cranes empowered by magic haul freight from ships at dock to the warehouse district of The Stores, while the crews of those ships restock and recharge at the shops and taverns that line the bottom of the great cliffs. Here, buildings float upon the water. This boat town, formed of rafts, houseboats, and other watercraft of every shape and size, bobs on the water and is connect by a web of piers, gangplanks, and rope bridges.

Most traffic here consists of sailors in search of entertainment. Bars, flophouses, and small shops - many of which don't bother to advertise the nature of their business - line the street, which winds precariously along the edge of a steep cliff.

After wandering at seeming random, the bald-headed and scarred man appears at the end of one of the smaller wharves. A short, stocky dragonborn stands with him, burnt orange scales showing signs of dried salt from the harbor. Garfuss raises a hand in greeting. "As soon as all are ready, we can get underway. This--" he motions to the dragonborn, "--is Darjiin, the captain of the brig Argus. He will be taking you up the Hilt and toward Skyraker Forest."

Last edited:

jsb420

First Post
Brondin stomps his way through the crowded docks with typical dwarven custom (i.e. shoving his way through and leaving a wake of displaced bodies behind him).

Now where is this durned human and his ship., Brondin thinks to himself, hand shielding his eyes as he searches for Garfuss or any others.

Burdened with a large backpack full of who knows what, he continues to tromp along, assaulting innocent pedestrians with his large backpack at every turn.
Brondin finally finds his way to one of the smaller wharves. Seeing the human he thinks, Ach! There's Garfuss! An' he's got hisself a dragon-man with 'em. Knowin' what I know about the dragon-types, this is lookin' to be quite an interestin' adventure. Well, might as well get to it.

As he starts heading to Garuss, his backpack clips a dockhand carrying an awkward load, spinning the poor sod and tipping him off of the wharf and into the litter-filled waters.

OOC: Thanks again for starting an adventure!

[sblock=pic]
vPt5f.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Brondin Hurndin]

Rune State:
[ ] Destruction: (Allies gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to Brondin.)
[ ] Protection: (Allies gain Resist 2 to all damage while adjacent to Brondin.)

Brondin Hurndin
Level 4 Runepriest|Warden
Init: +2 Speed: 5
Passive Perception:13; Passive Insight: 13
AC: 20 Fort 18 Ref 16 Will 16
HP: 48/48 Surges: 11/11 Surge Value: 12 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:20 Dex:14 Wis:12 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:10

Powers:
Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Weight of Earth, Rune of Diminishment
Dwarven Resilience, Rune of Mending, Roots of Stone, Word of the Blinding Shield, Second Wind
Rune of Undeniable Dawn, Shield of Sacrifice[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

"Wonderful! About being ready, do we have to bring our own provisions for the voyage?" Deimos asks excited.

[sblock=OOC]
wiki sheet is still level 4 and before the flaming weapon update.

Deimos is level 5, but not yet approved for this level.
Also a mage is still primarily a controller despite some striker tendencies.

Please use this for the map token:
thumbs_130575-male-tiefling-warlock.jpg

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: -
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Freezing/Fire Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Fire Shroud, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Ghourra looks at the ship and then over the placid waters to the horizon beyond. This would be her first time on a seagoing vessel. Though she'd been on a raft navigating underground rivers, the vastness of the ocean fills her with a sense of smallness that the cramped dwarven tunnels of her youth never could.

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=ooc]How do Mal's rules handle immediate interrupts? Both of Tana's encounter attack powers are triggered interrupts, and so is her marking ability. The timing on them can get a bit tricky in PBP.[/sblock]"I hope not," Tana says. "I didn't bring supplies for more than a week or so in the field."[sblock=Tana]Tana—Female Gnome Swordmage 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 24, Fort: 16, Reflex: 18, Will: 15; — Speed: 5
HP: 49/49, Bloodied: 24, Surge: 12, Surges left: 11/11;
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Fade Away
Ghost Sound
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Vortex
Channeling Shield
Dimensional Thunder
Farbond Spellblade Rapier +2
Runic Leather Armor +1
Amulet of Life +1[/sblock]

Attachments

• RacesGnomeFemale.png
    RacesGnomeFemale.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
"I hope not," Tana says. "I didn't bring supplies for more than a week or so in the field."

At nearly five times her size and twice the appetite per pound, Ghourra looks at the supplies that Tana brought with here. "Where's the rest of it? Whatcha got in the pack is what I'd call lunch."

The mul moves to board the ship, the gangplank creaking under the stress of her massive bulk.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Garfuss sneaks a look at the dragonborn, who is frowning greatly, before answering Deimo's question. "Your food and lodging will be provide by my good friend Darjiin and his crew," he states, gesturing to the captain, who remains silent. "He'll give the particulars once everyone is here and on board."

[sblock=OOC]
OOC: As for how interrupts are done, I figure the best way to do it would to post triggers for those actions (i.e. if Monster A attacks Ghourra and the attack would bloody her, use Channeling Shield on Monster A) and if those triggers are met, I'll use them when I do the monsters' turn. It's a little cumbersome but this is the way I do them for my character.

However, if you have a different approach, I'd be willing to hear it, of course.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
At nearly five times her size and twice the appetite per pound, Ghourra looks at the supplies that Tana brought with here. "Where's the rest of it? Whatcha got in the pack is what I'd call lunch."
"Trust me, I'll be fine. I'm a lot smaller than you." She said. "Shouldn't be an issue, though; I spent a long time studying blade magic, where smarts matter a lot more than size and strength. Granted, there are spells and techniques where size and strength help, but Zil generally don't favor them for obvious reasons."

"You just keep your head about you and don't worry about us, smaller folk. I think you may find that we need less support then you think. Besides, you're bigger target."

Bellegon nods to the captain and finds shadowed place to settle down. He doesn't sit, just in case there is trouble.

Attachments

• Bellegon.png
    Bellegon.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 411
  • SpiralDrow.jpg
    SpiralDrow.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 352

jsb420

First Post
Not bothering to wait for the others, Brondin says, "My thanks Garfuss fer yer work. We will be returnin' wit yer gold. "

Brondin then turns his attention to the dragonborn. "Permission ta come aboard, Captain: Darjiin, Sir!", he says enthusiastically, clenching his fist over his heart in salute."Where's our cabin? This blasted backpack is heavier than Onatar's Holy Forge and I'm wantin' ta set her down somewhere!"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases