[OOC] The Forges of the Mountain King- 1st Level Dwarf PCs [Full]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Hmm... looks like it's time for our Dwarves to show what true ninja we can be.

Also, I bought a D&D Insider subscription via PayPal, but the system doesn't recognize that I did, and I can't access it. Then I went to Orders and the website showed that the order was submitted... but not processed. Then it gives me a link to go to D&D Insider, but it's not active. Did I just throw away 10 bucks?

I love this game we've got going here- I'm just left cringing at times asking- why don't they...
I know you send me tactical advice... do you send tactical advice to the other players as well? Do they follow said advice? Does that mean, then, that you are basically directing the PC's AND NPC's and therefore playing the game yourself? I hope not! :D

If you want to control everything, write a book. ;)

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Hmm... looks like it's time for our Dwarves to show what true ninja we can be.

Also, I bought a D&D Insider subscription via PayPal, but the system doesn't recognize that I did, and I can't access it. Then I went to Orders and the website showed that the order was submitted... but not processed. Then it gives me a link to go to D&D Insider, but it's not active. Did I just throw away 10 bucks?

I know you send me tactical advice... do you send tactical advice to the other players as well? Do they follow said advice? Does that mean, then, that you are basically directing the PC's AND NPC's and therefore playing the game yourself? I hope not! :D

If you want to control everything, write a book. ;)

You've asked me the question before, and I replied before... nope- just you.

And after you asked I stopped giving advice...

I write screenplays, I don't have the stamina for a book. I teach people how to write for a living, that's my job- and how to make documentary films, and starting next year how to design narratives for electronic games.

As to your DDi account go here for a walkthrough-

DDI Order walkthrough

There are a bunch of questions at the bottom of each page, and at the end a link to a help page- e-mail cutomer services thing.

Mine took about 24 hours and I've not had a problem with it since.

Cheers Goonalan

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Yeah, mine's already good to go. LOL Impatience is a virtue, remember? ;)

Also, I am jealous. I want to write screenplays too. But, see above. :)

Walking Dad

First Post

Example: After shooting a goblin with her crossbow, Keira uses acrobatic maneuver to move 4 squares through a doorway into an adjacent room. From her new position, the goblin does not have line of sight to her, so she can make a Stealth check to become hidden as part of the movement of her acrobatic maneuver.

Rephrase: Why is M92 not in line of sight for us. We should have seen it around the corner, and then nothing, but he just disappeared in a square we had line of sight to. And if he couldn't maybe the farer movement gave him a penalty on the stealth check :devil:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Rephrase: Why is M92 not in line of sight for us. We should have seen it around the corner, and then nothing, but he just disappeared in a square we had line of sight to. And if he couldn't maybe the farer movement gave him a penalty on the stealth check :devil:

I honestly don't understand what you are asking.

This is the line from the Combat:

Goblin Boss- Shift M95. Move ?? Stealth check 19.

The Goblin did three things- shifted to M95.

Moved around the corner and made a Stealth check as part of that Move- as per rules above-

Creatures use the Stealth skill to conceal themselves from enemies, slink past guards, slip away without being noticed, and sneak up on others without being detected.

Action: The check is usually at the end of a move action, but it can be at the end of any of the creature’s actions that involve the creature moving.

A creature can make a Stealth check against a target only if the creature has superior cover or total concealment against that target or if the creature is outside the target’s line of sight.

Which it has at the end of its move- around the corner.

As per the example.

You wrote-

You need at least concealment to start hiding AFAIK

The rules state, and the example given show that you can use stealth as part of any move, and at the end of a move, and when you have concealment etc. the Goblin used Stealth as part of a move, at the end of the move and with concealment- it went around the corner and in to the next chamber.

Sorry if I'm not getting it.

Cheers Goonalan

Pinotage

Explorer
Does the goblin leader take damage because of Kazzagin's mark now that he's run away?

Interesting discussion on synergies, particularly for a 4e noob like myself. Can't see any particular ones that would benefit Kazzagin - his powers all look like hitting to me.

That said, I found it very useful if people attached their character sheets to their posts, because I could then read the power description once they've used it and see how it works. All in the name of learning. Would it be too much to ask for people to start doing that again?

Pinotage

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Does the goblin leader take damage because of Kazzagin's mark now that he's run away?

Interesting discussion on synergies, particularly for a 4e noob like myself. Can't see any particular ones that would benefit Kazzagin - his powers all look like hitting to me.

That said, I found it very useful if people attached their character sheets to their posts, because I could then read the power description once they've used it and see how it works. All in the name of learning. Would it be too much to ask for people to start doing that again?

Pinotage

Alas no...

Effect: You mark the target. The mark lasts until you use this power again. The mark also ends at the end of your turn if you didn’t engage the target, meaning you neither attacked it during your turn nor are adjacent to it at the end of your turn.
Until the mark ends, the target takes radiant damage the first time each round when it targets any of your allies with an attack power that doesn’t include you as a target. The damage equals 3 + your Charisma modifier.
Level 11: 6 + your Charisma modifier radiant damage
Level 21: 9 + your Charisma modifier radiant damage

But Cinara has spotted the bad guy- so get to it.

It would be good if people started sblocking their character sheets again, I'm all for it.

Cheers Goonalan

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter

Pinotage

Synergy wise for Paladins one of the easiest ways is to provoke OA, particularly with undead creatures, it goes a little like this.

Kazz Divine Challenge big nasty Undead dude (hopefully one with a crappy MBA).

Player B runs around big nasty undead dude- Undead dude takes OA at Player B- best use another defender or someone with high defences.

Auto triggers Kaxx's Divine Challenge for 5 Radiant damage- big nasty undead dude vulnerable to Radiant takes an extra 10 damage.

Ta da 15 damage at the risk of one OA.

You can only do it once/turn because he only takes the damage once/turn but...

I've seen it done with a 14th Level Paladin, with a 14th Level Fighter playing the runa round guy- he hardly ever gets hit- result the Undead dude (with Vul Radiant 10) was taking 21 HP damage/turn just from a Move action. And the Defender guy was getting flanking with the Paladin every time.

Sometimes you have to work out that avoiding getting hit is not the best option, risk has its rewards.

Obviously doing the same trick with a Fighter's mark in place of the Paladin's challenge once/turn is just as nasty too.

The bad guy either takes the OAs and gets blasted for doing so or the PCs just get free CA whenever they want.

Cheers Goonalan

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
I'm off to play D&D in the real world, I'll be back later on to see what you have been up to- I'll be pulling a late one tonight so don't hesitate to post.

Thank you.

Cheers Goonalan

Pinotage

Explorer
Alas no...

Effect: You mark the target. The mark lasts until you use this power again. The mark also ends at the end of your turn if you didn’t engage the target, meaning you neither attacked it during your turn nor are adjacent to it at the end of your turn.
Until the mark ends, the target takes radiant damage the first time each round when it targets any of your allies with an attack power that doesn’t include you as a target. The damage equals 3 + your Charisma modifier.
Level 11: 6 + your Charisma modifier radiant damage
Level 21: 9 + your Charisma modifier radiant damage

But Cinara has spotted the bad guy- so get to it.

It would be good if people started sblocking their character sheets again, I'm all for it.

Cheers Goonalan

Ah, OK. So the damage is only done if the marked creature attacks somebody else, not takes another action. Got it.

Pinotage

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases