[OOC] The Forges of the Mountain King- 1st Level Dwarf PCs [Full]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I think Themes are available ni the Character Builder. It's basically a free +2 to a skill or adding a skill to your list. Glad they added these; reminds me of Occupations from d20 Modern.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
What are Themes?

In the Character Builder you could add in a little fluff for Background, get a free +1 on Perception and a free +1 on Stealth or whatever for having a backstory that involved you been abandoned and brought up by wolves/badgers/gnomes/mittens or whatever... that kind of thing.

Dark Sun introduced Themes, so a character could be a Human Fighter but also his theme would be Dune Trader or Gladiator, or Noble Adept, or Wasteland Nomad or a few others- basically you had a job, a place you fit in to society.

Each theme obviously helps you with your characters backstory and contains a list of does and don'ts- stuff your PC can and cannot do due to there Theme, no biggies- just bits of fluff mainly.

With themes came a bunch of bonuses (to fit the theme), maybe some extra starting equipment, and best of all a load of new encounter/daily powers for you to chose from.

Themes proved so popular they rolled it out to main game...

Reminds me of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay kinda.

larryfinnjr

First Post
Rockin'est DM eva! Can't believe you 'drew' Big Uppity's map for us! Absolutely outstanding.

My apologies again to the group for my absence. Last few days have been a struggle. I think I'm basically back in the swing now.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
And goodnight... heading off tomorrow, alas I'll not be able to get on-line at all until sometime Saturday when I get back- probably the evening.

Feel free to post...

Cheers Goonalan

larryfinnjr

First Post
Was playing around with lvl2 options for Cinara when I realized I may have found a bug in the CB: Dwarves aren't supposed to suffer the speed penalty for heavy armor (Encumbered Speed racial feature), but Cinara's speed shows a 5. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Also, I plan on keeping her Warpriest build and adding the Noble Theme...thought it a great step up from the whole Bottom Dwellers notion to what she thinks she should be. :)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Was playing around with lvl2 options for Cinara when I realized I may have found a bug in the CB: Dwarves aren't supposed to suffer the speed penalty for heavy armor (Encumbered Speed racial feature), but Cinara's speed shows a 5. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Also, I plan on keeping her Warpriest build and adding the Noble Theme...thought it a great step up from the whole Bottom Dwellers notion to what she thinks she should be. :)

5 is the unarmored speed for dwarfs, They are as fast as humans in heavy armor and slower in light/no armor.

Cool with the Noble, as Walking Dad says Dwarf = speed 5.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases