[OOC] The Forges of the Mountain King- 1st Level Dwarf PCs [Full]

Pinotage

Explorer
OK, got it. Thanks. Subtle differences in how charging works in 3.5e and 4e. It looks like 4e allows 'partial charges' (in 3.5e speak) which you couldn't do in 3.5e unless you were in the surprise round.

Pinotage

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
OK, got it. Thanks. Subtle differences in how charging works in 3.5e and 4e. It looks like 4e allows 'partial charges' (in 3.5e speak) which you couldn't do in 3.5e unless you were in the surprise round.

Pinotage

In 4e a creature can move further still, it can chose to run (Speed +2) = 10, then Charge 8- it would be at -5 to hit because of the run but...

Some creatures have even more bonuses to charge actions- Orcs for instance get extra movement for free. The point being that 3.x and 4e are the same game (name) but at times (rules) worlds apart.

Cheers PDR

Last edited:

Pinotage

Explorer
Am I right in saying that Kazzagin can take move actions (so 2 per action) to swim to the surface to tread water? So on this round he can Second Wind, Swim (Move) and Swim(Move)?

Pinotage

Pinotage

Explorer
How deep is the water in the river? Am I right in saying that a DC 12 check will allow him to swim 2 squares upwards as well to break the surface and take another breath?

Pinotage

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
How deep is the water in the river? Am I right in saying that a DC 12 check will allow him to swim 2 squares upwards as well to break the surface and take another breath?

Pinotage

I put the answer in my reply to your turn in the IC thread, however

You can spend 3 turns underwater, then the endurance checks start- and that's not good.

DC12 moves you 2 squares.

Double move DC12 (x2) moves you 5 squares.

You get +2 on your Athletics if you abnadoned your shiled (Minor action)

You drift 2 squares anyway with the current- which is in generally the right direction.

You can Action Point, you'll be getting one back after this fight anyway...

The Ogre is going to get sorted soon, and then he's coming the same direction as you.

The Ogre moves faster than you.

The Ogre has great Athletics check.

The Ogre's head will be out of the water- the water is 8 feet deep, he's 9 feet tall.

I think that's about it...

Cheers Goonalan

Pinotage

Explorer
Seems like Thorgrim's curse of rolling 1's has spread to Kazzagin. Two rounds of similarly dismal rolls... The dicebot hates me! :)

Pinotage

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Just to say tomorrow (and the next day) are (or maybe) very busy for me, the likelihood is-

Thursday
Work till 6
Prep for game 6-8
Maptools game 8-1 AM
Sleep

Friday
Work till 5 or 6
Freedom catch up in PBP

So my visits may be infrequent, sorry but you know how it is.

Cheers Goonalan

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
From hereon in the 24 hour rule is in play- you have 24 hours to post from the last player's (in Init order) turn.

Example 1-

I post my reply et al and state Player 1 is next to play followed by Player 2, then Player 3, then Player 4.

Therefore Player 1 has 24 hours to post, Player 2 has 24 hours from Player 1s post and so on.

If, using the above order, Player 3 posts ahead of Player 2 then this does not change the fact that Player 2 has 24 hours to post their reply from the time Player 1 posted.

I will post any missed Player turns.

Feel free to post out of sequence if you think that you can do so safely.

Hope this is okay.

Cheers Goonalan

Pinotage

Explorer
What Kazzagin was hoping to do was not climb the tower (because quite frankly that's just as bad as trying to swim for him) but hold on and drag himself along to AN17 on the beach. Kind of like hanging on to the edge of a swimming pool and just moving around while your body is still in the water. I was hoping this would be easier than swimming or climbing and he could do it at half-speed without any checks?

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
What Kazzagin was hoping to do was not climb the tower (because quite frankly that's just as bad as trying to swim for him) but hold on and drag himself along to AN17 on the beach. Kind of like hanging on to the edge of a swimming pool and just moving around while your body is still in the water. I was hoping this would be easier than swimming or climbing and he could do it at half-speed without any checks?

You'd need to make checks- to be honest from where you are if you can make one check Athletics DC10 then you're on to the very edge of the beach- move normal from there (going around the huge clump of fungi). Also on dry land you can run (Speed +2).

Cheers Goonalan

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases