[OOC] The Forges of the Mountain King- 1st Level Dwarf PCs [Full]

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
@ Hero: in 4e, there's a difference b/t Reach and Threatening Reach - the latter allows the creature to OA w/in its reach.

@ DM: you're doing awesome and, while I'm happy most of us are still alive, I'm all for terror, danger, and threat of death around every corner. and again while I'm happy you're not pulling punches, I'm glad you've realized that maybe some of the encounters have been overpowered and are doing the right thing by tweaking where appropriate to make it a balance, yet deadly fight. Kudos!

LOL- actually I'm lolling a lot here... I'm genuinely terrified you're going to get squished big time, see my last turn with the Ogre Zombies. This is a magnificently bad-ass scenario.

The kudos goes to Harley and the Goodman gang.

Cheers PDR

Walking Dad

First Post
This is a great game with a great DM. Perhaps we (the players) could be a bit more tactical (the leader blocking the way instead of the defender, more movement to provide combat advantage, etc) and we should definitely roll better ;)

BTW, Goodman games is working on a game you start a 0 level: 20 should go in, 4 come out alive and earn their first level.

Pinotage

Explorer
Chalk another one up for 4e rules changes for me. I really thought that Mardred would draw an OA there, and hence Kazzagin rushed in to divert attention to allow him a chance to out of there. I even posted at the time that the situation demanded retreat and that we couldn't fight an ogre when there were only two squares to fight it from. Ack! And on the charge he couldn't use anything other than a basic melee attack.

Encounter Powers, Actions Points and Daily Powers are going to be required, I think. Wasn't aware of the radiant damage bonus, so that'll help with a few of Kazzagin's attacks, although I'm not sure he can stay there for another hit without going down.

That said, it's Len and Kazzagin and with Krogan's shift, there's two attacks heading that ogre's way. With a little luck!

Pinotage

Pinotage

Explorer
Just looking over Len and Kazzagin's sheet and noticed that Stand Your Ground allows an Immediate Saving Throw to avoid being knocked prone. Is that applicable here?

Pinotage

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Just looking over Len and Kazzagin's sheet and noticed that Stand Your Ground allows an Immediate Saving Throw to avoid being knocked prone. Is that applicable here?

Pinotage

Yes it is, schoolboy error- it's odd because you are all Dwarves I forget that you are all Dwarves... if you see what I mean. In my other groups with one Dwarf guy I kinda peg them- draw an asterisk so that I remember, forced movement one less and save vs Prone.

So... I'll go and make the save for you... as it's in my turn- post #362 IC, alas the roll is a '3', you are Prone.

Cheers Goonalan

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Chalk another one up for 4e rules changes for me. I really thought that Mardred would draw an OA there, and hence Kazzagin rushed in to divert attention to allow him a chance to out of there. I even posted at the time that the situation demanded retreat and that we couldn't fight an ogre when there were only two squares to fight it from. Ack! And on the charge he couldn't use anything other than a basic melee attack.

Encounter Powers, Actions Points and Daily Powers are going to be required, I think. Wasn't aware of the radiant damage bonus, so that'll help with a few of Kazzagin's attacks, although I'm not sure he can stay there for another hit without going down.

That said, it's Len and Kazzagin and with Krogan's shift, there's two attacks heading that ogre's way. With a little luck!

Pinotage

Just to fill you in, generally the bigger they are the more extra damage they take as regards Radiant damage and Undead, so if you manage to inflict 1 HP of Radiant damage on the Zombie Ogre then... because of his vulnerability he takes 10 extra damage.

So you just need to hit him with radiant and you burn a hole in the bastard...

Go for it.

Cheers Goonalan

Walking Dad

First Post
If Len delays after Grim, and the map remains as it is, Grim can use his ranged at will again. On a hit he can pull the ogre so that Kaz and Len can flank it.

Edit: To late...

Pinotage

Explorer
Just to fill you in, generally the bigger they are the more extra damage they take as regards Radiant damage and Undead, so if you manage to inflict 1 HP of Radiant damage on the Zombie Ogre then... because of his vulnerability he takes 10 extra damage.

So you just need to hit him with radiant and you burn a hole in the bastard...

Go for it.

Cheers Goonalan

Thanks. Unfortunately the dice cursed Kazzagin, but blessed Len! Too late to post now, but the actions are up if you want to resolve them.

Pinotage

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases