The EN World FREE Roleplaying Art Request Thread

Saba Taru

Explorer
Finally just an extremely dark female, Main villain of a campaign sort of evil, but basically emperor palpatine evil. The mastermind. Her main class is Psion/Thrallherd.

I'm not really very happy with this one, but I figured I'd post it before I got mad enough to delete the files from my computer entirely. Here's hoping that if you can't use it, someone else can. :blush:

(And thank you, Blastin. Very nice of you to say. :))

Attachments

• EN_Arydious_Villan_v2small.jpg
    EN_Arydious_Villan_v2small.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 141

arydious

First Post
Saba Taru, I think both are amazing, the four arm race is way better than i could have imagined, you made them look really humble and thats exactly how i have made them to be. The Lady i Really like as well, I do not see why you don't like it, but i always do hear we are our own worst critics. You do amazing work sorry it took me so long to get back on here, my comp just died on me.

I may ask of you, and most likely i will ask of your services in the future, you seem to do all the art better than i can even imagine it.

Thanks So Much!!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm not really very happy with this one, but I figured I'd post it before I got mad enough to delete the files from my computer entirely. Here's hoping that if you can't use it, someone else can. :blush:
Saba, what program do you use to create your artwork? I'm assuming your creating art digitally, correct?

Saba Taru

Explorer
Saba, what program do you use to create your artwork? I'm assuming your creating art digitally, correct?

Correct. Everything I do is digital now, and I tend use a combination of programs. The combination varies depending on what kind of image i need (since they're all good for different things). These were done using Poser, Painter, and Photoshop.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Ok, I've been searching for a long time for the perfect picture for one of my favourite PC's and am yet to find anything even close so I figure what the hey, I'll try my luck here!

First off I'll give a description of his look, and then I'll add in some history and personality to give a sense of the character. I sblocked it simply for convenience because it’s quite a long post. Also, much thanks to whomever can do the character justice :)

Description

[sblock]The character is called Manus of the Blade. That's his mercenary name. His real name is Domanus Ne Plata. He's the first-born son of a very powerful, very rich noble family with royal blood (they don't currently hold the throne, although not for lack of trying). He was groomed by his father to be the future king. Manus, however, preferred wine, women, song, and sword-play.

Because of this, he has a strong air of nobility about him and commands respect simply through his stance, demeanour and speech. Because of his history, however, he appears somewhat bedraggled and unkempt.

When travelling open roads, he tends to cover his armor and weapons with a dirty, brown hessian robe and wields a sturdy staff. He lets the cowl of his thick woollen cloak cover his face. He will use his staff against enemies he feels aren't a big threat but once he faces a serious opponent, he will tear off his robes and cloak, don his heavy oaken shield and draw his over-sized bastard sword.

Although he wears high-quality plate-mail and uses well-crafted weaponry, and although he keeps them all in good condition, they nevertheless bear the scars of many hard-won victories. He is a grizzled warrior, not a fighter. He purposefully takes on the biggest, meanest, baddest enemy in a group, and carves a path through any foes that stand between him and his target.

Despite his relative youth, at only 23, his thick, black, shaggy beard, blood-stained gear, sweat, blood and oil stink, unkempt, long, black and knotted hair and bear-like stature make him appear more like 33. He has broad shoulders, a barrel-chest and a grin that scares young women and makes even hardened mercenaries think twice about attacking him.

Because of his mercenary life, he lives on the road, only taking an inn room when he passes through major cities in order to take advantage of the baths, and then the brothels, and then the ale-houses (in that order), before moving on to the next mercenary job.

The only thing he carries that harkens back to his former life of comfort and nobility, is a smallish besagew that depicts the insignia of his house, Ne Plata. The insignia is an upside down pentagram of silvery lines on a black enamel background. He carries this as an amulet about his neck instead of on his armour and covers it underneath a putrid, stained and torn surcoat of some random foe that he tore it off.

He has piercing eyes the colour of a bright blue sky with the sun full overhead. His face is squarish with a thick brow, high and sharp cheekbones, and a small boulder for a jaw. Should he bother to shave and bathe, however, he is quite handsome and despite all his troubles, is always ready with a hearty laugh, a warm slap on the back, and an encouraging tankard (or ten) of ale to share.[/sblock]

History

[sblock]Having a half-brother bastard who looked almost identical to him, Manus would often swap places with his brother in order to do his brother's duties, and vice versa. This was a mutually beneficial arrangement because it meant Manus could double-up on his sword-play practice (or go brothel-crawling), whilst his half-brother gained the benefit of an education in diplomacy, politics, arithmetic and other studies his stature would not normally afford him.

Just after his eighteenth birthday, when his father was beginning to crack down on him for avoiding his responsibilities and was considering sending him off to the kingdom’s capital for some court interaction, goblins from the hills were being unusually active and threatening farms under his father’s aegis. His half-brother was to be sent on a patrol under the command of his father’s man-at-arms, in order to test his battle-skills and quell any goblin resistance.

This was perfect timing for Manus. They were already in their alternate positions and with Manus wearing his half-brother’s plate-mail and helm, nobody would be able to tell the difference. Besides which, Manus was far and away the better swordsman.

Along the way, Manus distinguished himself in combat and quickly became a valued member of the sortie. Tracing the goblins back to their camp, the man-at-arms proceeded to systematically obliterate the goblin resistance. They killed every male goblin and rounded up the females and children into a circle. The command was then given to slaughter the remaining goblins.

It was here that something inside Manus snapped. In his mind he knew that these were goblins. They were born evil and corrupt. The children would grow to adults and become a threat again. But in his heart, he simply couldn’t kill a defenseless, cowering crowd of goblin mothers and their children. And he couldn’t stand by and let anyone else do it either.

And so he took a stand and halted the order, revealing himself as Domanus Ne Plata. It was here that the man-at-arms smiled as if he’d known all along and was waiting for just this opportunity. The men were all loyal to the man-at-arms and more importantly, loyal to Manus’ father. Manus’ father had long been disappointed in his son’s actions, and since he had a ready replacement in his half-brother, he didn’t particularly care if he lost one useless son.

The order was given to cut the goblins down, and if Manus stood in their way, him as well. Alone, Manus fought off ten experienced warriors in order to defend the goblins. Within moments, he had cut their numbers in half. Realising that the superior warrior held the field, the man-at-arms scowled at him and told him that his father would hunt him to the ends of the earth for his betrayel.

Beaten, bloody, battered and emotionally broken from the realisation of his father’s callousness and evil, he stumbled out of the forest alone and wandered for days until finally ending up in a run-down, road-side tavern. He sold off the unneccessary items he was carrying, tore off any identifying regalia, burnt it, and then proceeded to drink himself into a stupor.

A couple of days passed in this manner until late into a quiet night at the tavern, a drunken brute tried to rape the lone tavern wench who was cleaning up after the night’s revellry. Barely conscious, Manus watched the violence unfold before him, constantly telling himself not to get involved, that it would risk exposing himself, that it was just a tavern whore anyway… after breaking the guy’s arm in half and kicking half his teeth into the back of his throat, Manus had a sudden moment of clarity and realised his true purpose in life: to protect those who couldn’t protect themselves![/sblock]

Last edited:

tecnowraith

First Post
I like to see two different and separate artwork of a wild west character, The character is a China-man who's also a drunken boxer. The character is the average height of the ethnic group, martial arts build and the poses I want is of the drunken boxing style in both pics but one pic is in traditional clothes of 1880's china with the long ponytail. The other pic will bill in western clothes with either a long coat or trench-coat, with no ponytail but long hair in the back. If can you mix some Chinese style clothes into the western outfit, that would be cool.

catsclaw227

First Post
I need a key NPC done for my campaign. He's gonna be around for a while. In reality, he's a lich, but he's got a change self (seeming) on him that makes him look more like a man.

He's a fantasy NPC, but he lives in a wild-west style tent-town. He is the town ruler (but no one knows he's a lich), and acts as the blacksmith.

Wirey, tough, with muscles like ropes around a skinny body, wears canvas pants, no shirt, and a blacksmiths apron. Pale-reddish skin covers his face and shoulders (from the anvil's heat) he has a shock of scraggly light blonde, almost white hair. Sharp, strong, reflective blue eyes (like Stephen King's Roland) but watery with red sagging bottom eyelids like old people get. He has a psychotic look in his eyes like he's about to go absolutely mad.

A crazy grin with what looks like too many teeth in his mouth.

He should look in his mid-fiftys. And weather beaten.

I hope this isnt' asking too much. :)

Remove ads