Perception: 16 Insight: 16 Low-light Vision

AC 14 Fortitude 13 Reflex 14 Will 13
Initiative: +0 Speed: 5
Str 10 Con 16 Dex 10 Int 18 Wis 13 Cha 8

Hit Points: 26 / 26 Bloodied: 13
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 9 / 9

Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs Poison; Fire 7 (+2 when bloodied)

Action Points: 1

Second Wind: 1 (Minor Action)

Languages: Common, Dwarven.

Trained Skills: Arcana +9, Dungeoneering +8, Insight +6, Perception +6.
Other Skills: Acrobatics 0, Athletics +2, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Endurance +7, Heal +1, History +4, Intimidate -1, Nature +1, Religion +4, Stealth 0, Streetwise -1, Thievery 0.

Traits:
Stand Your Ground - You move 1 less square with Forced Movement, and get an Immediate Saving Throw to avoid being knocked Prone.
Enchantment Apprentice - +2 to arcane pulls, pushes, or slides.

At-Will Powers: Minor Actions
Light: Range 5, fills the square and all squares within 4, free action to cancel.

At-Will Powers: Standard Actions
Melee Basic Attack (Quarterstaff): +4 vs AC, 1d8 dam.

Ranged Basic Attack (Throwing Hammer): Range 5/10, +2 vs AC, 1d6 dam.
Magic Missile: Range 20, Automatic hit, 6 dam.

Phantasmal Assault: Range 10, +4 vs Will, 1d8+4 psychic dam and the target grants CA and can’t make OAs until end of your next turn.
Hypnotism: Range 10, +4 vs Will, Either force target to make melee basic +4 attack against another or slide up to 5 squares.

Encounter Powers: Free Actions
Spook: Use Arcana instead of Intimidate.
Suggestion: Use Arcana instead of Diplomacy.

Encounter Powers: Minor Actions
Second Wind: Healing Surge & +2 to all Defences until end of your next turn.

Encounter Powers: Standard Actions
Burning Hands: Blast 5, +4 vs Reflex, 2d6+4 dam against all enemies in AoE, ½ dam if miss.

Charm of Misplaced Wrath: Range 10, +4 vs Will, Hit: slide the target up to 5 squares and it is dazed until the end of your next turn, Effect: the target is forced to make a basic attack against another with +2 dam.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
You allow themes? At least new Mardred got one.

From the OOC thread-

NOTICES.

1) I'm going to be away at a film festival 21-23 (that should be Thursday to Saturday), I may attempt to log in and reply to stuff at some point but I doubt it. I will more than likely check back in on Saturday night- because I'll be missing you all by then, if not it'll be Sunday 24th before I'm back to it.

2) I'm moving office, and doing lots of other stuff at work (in my own time) between Monday 25th and Friday 29th, I think I'll actually be 'in work and busy' for three days. Don't slow down your posting during this period, its just that you wont get your fairly instant replies, I'll be home for 4 PM or thereabouts even if I am in work- I'm going to be continuing to take it easy.

3) Your PCs are fast approaching Level 2, this is generally the point where people declare themselves un/happy with their PCs. When you reach Level 2 I will allow you to rebuild your character- as much or as little as you like, anything goes- as long as it stays the same name and the same function ie Defender, Striker etc.

I allow this because in almost all of the games I have DM'ed in RL, and via Maptools- people are keen to try something new but by the time they've been in x encounters they're hankering for... whatever it was they were going to build before the latest shiny character class came out and grabbed there attentions.

I'll say it again- you can rebuild your PC at Level 2 if you are unhappy with it, as long as you retain the name and the function then ANYTHING goes.

This includes adding in THEMES.

After level 2 then the rules apply, you stick with what you've got, I may be persuaded to allow you to change two powers/feats/skills at a later level but there better be a good reason. We go by the book from then on...

Questions?

Cheers Goonalan

As stated, that includes Themes.

Walking Dad

First Post
Also posted in another thread. Choosing 'Explorer Theme' (somehow doubt you will allow the more powerful ones from Dark Sun, these mechanics share hardly more than the name).

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Also posted in another thread. Choosing 'Explorer Theme' (somehow doubt you will allow the more powerful ones from Dark Sun, these mechanics share hardly more than the name).

I'll take a look at anything you can build, that's the proviso- I get the last say, however bare in mind the following-

The worst games I have ever DM'ed are where one or two characters are pimped beyond belief- any last benefit the player can get his/her hands on, all maxed out, while the other guys have 'normal' PCs. It can be done but- my point is build the PC you want, don't just pimp it for the sake of doing so...

You don't 'win' D&D.

I was listening to a recording of some guys playing Gamma World (based on 4e D&D) yesterday, one guys starting stats were- 20, 9, 8, 8, 8, 8; all his cool powers tapped off his '20' but the rest of him was 8's, no-one batted an eye-lid when he rolled his stats, absolutely normal- obviously not power gamers. And in game the PC is great...

The other thing- you build a race of superdwarves at Level 2 and I'll just make the encounters harder...

Walking Dad

First Post
Explorer is fine by me... not much that really fits my character, but this will work fine, is striker friendly, and even gives some bonus vs poison (very dwarven) later :)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talkin...r-1-rescue-rivenroar-full-18.html#post5629748

Discussion of themes by players in my other PBP game, while I was away the last few days- with links to Theme summaries etc.

I'll say it again Level 2 is time to make changes, so start sorting out what you want now- if you know nothing about Themes then ask here, but also read the above thread (last post on this page and the next page- with links).

Cheers Goonalan

Oh and where are you in-game?

tiornys

Explorer
Mardred

This space reserved for a real character sheet (my style) for Mardred once we hit level 2. In the meantime, what I'm working with:

[sblock=Mardred L1 Summary]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Mardred, level 1
Dwarf, Rogue (Thief)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 13, DEX 17, INT 11, WIS 16, CHA 13

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 11, DEX 17, INT 11, WIS 14, CHA 13

AC: 15 Fort: 11 Ref: 15 Will: 13
HP: 25 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +8, Bluff +6, Perception +8, Stealth +8, Streetwise +6, Thievery +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +0, Athletics –1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +3, Heal +3, History +0, Insight +3, Intimidate +1, Nature +3, Religion +0

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Dwarf Racial Power: Dwarven Resilience
Rogue Utility: Backstab
Rogue Utility: Sneak's Trick
Rogue Utility: Ambush Trick

FEATS
Level 1: Backstabber

ITEMS
Dagger
Leather Armor x1