The Forges of the Mountain King Chapter 1- Bottom's Up!

hairychin

First Post
Len

Len's understanding of the situatin is limited, but there's one thing he definately knows how to do, and that's CHaaaaarge!

Shield to the fore, hoping he can knock the scruffy little fella out rather than cause lasting damage.

OOC: Charge to AN31, using Shield Bash at the end (can be used as a charge attack

And Len pushes the dwarf over.

OOC: Len pushes the dwarf to AN33 and knocks him prone

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Len's understanding of the situatin is limited, but there's one thing he definately knows how to do, and that's CHaaaaarge!

Shield to the fore, hoping he can knock the scruffy little fella out rather than cause lasting damage.

OOC: Charge to AN31, using Shield Bash at the end (can be used as a charge attack

And Len pushes the dwarf over.

OOC: Len pushes the dwarf to AN33 and knocks him prone

Len slams his shield in to the ragged Dwarf, it doesn't have quite the effect he wanted, the Dwarf is winded sure enough but pushed no where- he stands firm, or at least stays where he is- he is however knocked Prone.

OOC: Racial Power Stand Your Ground

[sblock=Combat]

Encounter #1 The Ravine

Turn: 1

Initiative (* = Next to play)

20 Len
15 Thorgrim*
15 Kazzagin
14 Krogan
13 Mardred
13 Cinara

HP & Conditions

PCs
Cinara 29/29 Surges 10/8
Kazzagin 31/31 Surges 13/13
Krogan 34/29 Surges 10/8
Len 29/29 Surges 11/11
Mardred 25/25 Surges 7/7
Thorgrim 33/33 Surges 9/8

Monsters

Ragged Dwarf #1- 15 (non-lethal) damage taken & Prone.

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Len- Charge Ragged Dwarf #1- Hit 15 non-lethal damage & knocked Prone.

Thorgrim-

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
OOC: From OC Thread

Thorgrim

Thorgrimm will charge the enemy, ending on 30 AM or AN (one will be free, he is next in line and doing a Marauder's rush attack. Rolls are below.

Another glorious miss. I hope the curse will be lifted soon.

Alas Thorgrim's axe is wayward, even against the recumbent Dwarf.

OOC: He rolled another '1'.

Kazzagin (from above)

Calls for the Ragged Dwarf to surrender delivering his Combat Challenge, alas the strange kin seems in no mood for debate, or surrender- he scurries hard to regain his feet.

OOC: You can make Skill Checks to see if there's anything you can note about the Ragged Dwarf if you wish.

[sblock=Combat]

Encounter #1 The Ravine

Turn: 1

20 Len
15 Thorgrim
15 Kazzagin
14 Krogan*
13 Mardred
13 Cinara

HP & Conditions

PCs
Cinara 29/29 Surges 10/8
Krogan 34/29 Surges 10/8
Len 29/29 Surges 11/11
Mardred 25/25 Surges 7/7

Monsters

Ragged Dwarf #1- 15 (non-lethal) damage taken & Prone. Combat Challenge (Kazzagin).

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Len- Charge Shield Bash Ragged Dwarf #1- Hit 15 non-lethal damage & knocked Prone.

Thorgrim- Charge Marauder's Rush Ragged Dwarf #1- '1' Miss.

Kazzagin- Combat Challenge Ragged Dwarf #1.

Krogan-

[/sblock]

Krogan is next to join the fun (remember this is a surprise round you only have one action), but first the new map-

The Forges of the Mountain King

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
OOC: Not that it makes a difference here, but my Init mod is only +1, not +2. Still last either way... :)

OOC: Is it OK to pre-post an action that seems likely will take effect? As of now, we're waiting for Krogan, then DM plays Mardred (which we know will be quick in reply). Hoping it's ok, I'll put my upcoming turn here. If not OK, then simply ignore it and I'll repost on my turn.

OOC: This is my Army drill weekend, so I'll be out most of the day Sat and Sun...will be sure to catch up at night though.

Cinara

Should the proned raggedy dwarf keep to his square, Cinara will make a run for AP32 (7 squares) and will throw a look Eastward to see if there are any friends enroute. <Perception> ((edit: should be roll of 21 due to chanting))

And does this creature of a dwarf resonate anywhere in her skull? Any stories of old, nuggets of wisdom regarding them she can recall? <History>

[sblock=Cinara]

Cinara Wastewater
Played by Larryfinnjr
Dwarf Warpriest Level 1 xp: 99

Perception: 14 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision

AC 18 Fortitude 14 Reflex 13 Will 15
Initiative: +1 Speed: 5
Str 10 Con 17 Dex 13 Int 10 Wis 19 Cha 8

Hit Points: 29 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 10 / 10

Resist: Acid/Cold/Fire/Lightning 2.
Saving Throw: +5 vs Poison, +2 vs Ongoing damage.

Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1 (Minor Action)

Languages: Common, Dwarven.

Trained Skills: Heal +9, History +7, Insight +9, Religion +5.
Other Skills: Acrobatics -2, Arcana 0, Athletics -3, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +2, Intimidate -1, Nature +4, Perception +4, Stealth -2, Streetwise -1, Thievery -2.

Feats: Forgeborn Heritage.

Traits:
Stand Your Ground- You move 1 less square with Forced Movement, and get an Immediate Saving Throw to avoid being knocked Prone.

Earth Domain- All allies within 5 gain +2 to Saves vs Ongoing damage. Subject of Healing Word takes half-damage from next attack (before end of your next turn).

At-Will Powers: Standard Actions
Melee Basic Attack (Warhammer): +2 vs AC 1d10 damage.
Ranged Basic Attack (Throwing Hammer): Range 5/10 +2 vs AC 1d6 damage.

Burden of Earth (Warhammer): +6 vs AC 1d10+4 damage, and Pushed 1 square. Regardless of hit or not next attack against target by you or ally is at +1 To Hit, before end of your next turn.

Earth's Endurance (Warhammer): +6 vs AC 1d10+4 damage. Regardless of hit or not you or ally within 5 squares gains +2 to AC until the end of your next turn.

Encounter Powers: Standard Actions
Smite Undead (Warhammer): +6 vs Will 2d10+4 Radiant damage and you Push the target 6 squares (including Con bonus) and the creature is Immobilised until the end of your next turn. Miss: Half damage. This is a Channel Divinity Power- can only use 1/Encounter.

Earthen Hail (Warhammer): +6 vs Fortitude 1d10+4 damage and enemies in Blast 3 (including target) take 3 (Con bonus) damage. Regardless of hit or not you and all allies within 3 squares gain +2 to AC & Fortitude until the end of your next turn.

Encounter Powers: Minor Actions
Healing Word: One target in Close Burst 5. Use once/Round but twice/Encounter. Target spends a Healing Surge and Heals an additional 1d6 Hit Points. Earth Domain the target takes half damage from next attack before the end of your next turn.

Second Wind: Healing Surge & +2 to all Defences until end of next turn.

Stone Speak: You make a Perception check with a +5 bonus to detect secret doors, hidden objects or creatures within 10 squares.

Encounter Powers: Free Actions
Elemental Legacy: You hit with an attack. Your attack deals an extra 3 Acid, Cold, Fire or Lightning damage.

Stone's Resolve: You or one ally in Close Burst 2. Target gains Resist 5 All until the end of your next turn. This is a Channel Divinity Power- you can only use 1/Encounter.

Daily Powers: Standard Actions
Nimbus of Holy Light (Warhammer): Enemies in Close Burst 1 +6 vs Will 1d10+4 Radiant damage. Regardless of hit or not each ally within 2 squares gains +2 to all Defences until the end of the Encounter.

Conditions:

Equipment: chainmail, heavy shield, warhammer, throwing hammer, adventurer's kit, 15gp

[/sblock]

OOC: Is there a way to save a message "template" that includes our characters inside the sblock coding? Or does it have to be hard-typed each time?

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
OOC: Not that it makes a difference here, but my Init mod is only +1, not +2. Still last either way... :)

OOC: Is it OK to pre-post an action that seems likely will take effect? As of now, we're waiting for Krogan, then DM plays Mardred (which we know will be quick in reply). Hoping it's ok, I'll put my upcoming turn here. If not OK, then simply ignore it and I'll repost on my turn.

OOC: This is my Army drill weekend, so I'll be out most of the day Sat and Sun...will be sure to catch up at night though.

Should the proned raggedy dwarf keep to his square, Cinara will make a run for AP32 (7 squares) and will throw a look Eastward to see if there are any friends enroute. <Perception>

OOC: Is there a way to save a message "template" that includes our characters inside the sblock coding? Or does it have to be hard-typed each time?

GM: Your +2 on Init because the statues are chanting and everyone is +1 on all rolls until you fail a skill check, to hit or save- you are buoyed by the chanting.

Pre-post no probs.

I save my message template (if I understand you right) in open office or any other word processor and then C&P it in each time. If I've not got one around I 'quote' a previous entry and then C&P it and then back up and use that as my template. Is this what you mean?

larryfinnjr

First Post
GM: Your +2 on Init because the statues are chanting and everyone is +1 on all rolls until you fail a skill check, to hit or save- you are buoyed by the chanting.

Pre-post no probs.

I save my message template (if I understand you right) in open office or any other word processor and then C&P it in each time. If I've not got one around I 'quote' a previous entry and then C&P it and then back up and use that as my template. Is this what you mean?

OOC: Bah - forgot the chanting already! :) and you answered my question - C&P seems the way to go... just didn't know if EnWorld had a template system at all, a la a sig block (but the data for a character sheet is too large). Thanks! :)

OOC: See edit in post #194

Last edited:

Ressurectah

First Post
Krogan

Krogan doesn`t understand why is everybody fighting? This chanting is awesome! All he wants to do is bang his head and sing to this song.... although, strangely enough, he wishes that there are more dwarfs close to him.. much more, since he has an urge to mosh (moshing?).

OOC: The threat doesn`t seam to be something that the rest of the gang coulden`t handle, so Krogan will continue to do what he was doing.. at least this round that is...

[sblock] test [/sblock]

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Krogan doesn`t understand why is everybody fighting? This chanting is awesome! All he wants to do is bang his head and sing to this song.... although, strangely enough, he wishes that there are more dwarfs close to him.. much more, since he has an urge to mosh (moshing?).

OOC: The threat doesn`t seam to be something that the rest of the gang coulden`t handle, so Krogan will continue to do what he was doing.. at least this round that is...

[sblock] test [/sblock]

Dammit I can't give you any XP- well worth waiting.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Cinara

Should the proned raggedy dwarf keep to his square, Cinara will make a run for AP32 (7 squares) and will throw a look Eastward to see if there are any friends enroute. <Perception> ((edit: should be roll of 21 due to chanting))

And does this creature of a dwarf resonate anywhere in her skull? Any stories of old, nuggets of wisdom regarding them she can recall? <History>

Mardred

Mardred rushes forward, not sure quite how to react his instincts say slay the Dwarf but his friends... well, he'll see.

Cinara

Rushes past the Ragged Dwarf (no OA as surprise round) and looks desperately to the north east, the direction from which the Dwarf came, and sure enough the second Ragged Dwarf is watching his compatriot being knocked down.

He's seen it all...

[sblock=Cinara History Check]
History is not going to get you far here, although... the Dwarf is broken- within and without, the essential Dwarfness of the creature seems to be gone. You figure something terrible happened here... and the effect continues yet. [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]

Encounter #1 The Ravine

Turn: 2

20 Len*
15 Ragged Dwarf #1
15 Ragged Dwarf #2
15 Thorgrim
15 Kazzagin
14 Krogan
13 Mardred
13 Cinara

HP & Conditions

PCs
Cinara 29/29 Surges 10/8
Krogan 34/29 Surges 10/8
Len 29/29 Surges 11/11
Mardred 25/25 Surges 7/7

Monsters

Ragged Dwarf #1- 15 (non-lethal) damage taken & Prone. Combat Challenge (Kazzagin).
Ragged Dwarf #2

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Len- Charge Shield Bash Ragged Dwarf #1- Hit 15 non-lethal damage & knocked Prone.

Thorgrim- Charge Marauder's Rush Ragged Dwarf #1- '1' Miss.

Kazzagin- Combat Challenge Ragged Dwarf #1.

Krogan- Moshing.

Mardred- Move AN30.

Cinara- Move (Run) AP32. Perception...

Turn #2

Len-

[/sblock]

New Map

The Forges of the Mountain King

Len, you're on... the Dwarf is snarling spitting and trying to get to its feet, it's not about to make friends.

I messed up on the Initiative- it should have been +6 = 15.

Last edited:

hairychin

First Post
Len

Len knows they've got to get this fella down afore 'is mate and any others that may be around gets too close, or get too many chances with them there crossbows. He feints with 'is shields and follows through with 'is shiny new axe.

OOC: Standard: Shield Feint
Move: None
Minor: None

[sblock=Len]Leonard D Apricot
Played by Hairychin
Dwarf Fighter- Weaponmaster Level 1

Perception: 11 Insight: 11 Low-light Vision

AC 18 Fortitude 18 Reflex 13 Will 12
Initiative: +0 Speed: 5
Str 20 Con 14 Dex 10 Int 10 Wis 12 Cha 10

Hit Points: 29 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 11 / 11

Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs Poison

Action Points: 1
Second Wind: 1 (Minor Action)

Languages: Common, Dwarven.

Trained Skills: Athletics +7, Endurance +6, Intimidate +5.
Other Skills: Acrobatics -3, Arcana 0, Bluff 0, Diplomacy 0, Dungeoneering +5, Heal +1, History 0, Insight +1, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion 0, Stealth -3, Streetwise 0, Thievery -3.

Feats: Improved Defences.

Traits:
Stand Your Ground- You move 1 less square with Forced Movement, and get an Immediate Saving Throw to avoid being knocked Prone.
Combat Superiority- Your Opportunity Attacks (including with Combat Challenge) gain Wis bonus (+1) To Hit and stop movement (not Shift though).

At-Will Powers: Standard Actions
Melee Basic Attack (Battleaxe): +8 vs AC 1d10+5 damage. (+1 to both, see Axe)
Ranged Basic Attack (Throwing Hammer): Range 5/10 +8 vs AC 1d6+5 damage.
Cleave (Battleaxe): +8 vs AC 1d10+5 damage (+1 to both, see Axe), and a different adjacent enemy takes Str (5) damage.
Shield Feint (Battleaxe & Shield): +8 vs AC 1d10+5 damage (+1 to both, see Axe), and +3 To Hit on next attack roll against same creature before end of next turn.

At-Will Powers: Free Actions
Combat Challenge- you Mark all you attack; Marked are -2 To Hit others; if Move or Attack other you make attack with Combat Superiority. Free Action.

Encounter Powers: Standard Actions
Shield Bash (Battleaxe & Shield): +8 vs Reflex 1d10+6 damage (Wis bonus added to damage) (+1 to both, see Axe), and you Push target 1 square and knock it Prone. Can be used as a Charge attack.

Encounter Powers: Minor Actions
Second Wind: Healing Surge & +2 to all Defences until end of next turn. Minor Action.

Daily Powers: Standard Actions
Shove & Slap (Battleaxe & Shield): +9 vs Fortitude 2d10+5 damage (+1 to both, see Axe), and you Push target 2 squares (including Wis bonus) and can Shift 1 in to vacated square. Miss: Half damage. Then make a Secondary Attack on one creature other than the Primary target: +9 vs Fortitude 5 damage, and the target is Dazed (save ends).

Conditions:
Equipment:
Frost Weapon
Level 3 Uncommon
A thin layer of frost coats the business end of this weapon.

Price: 680 gp
Weapon: Any
Enhancement: +1 attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 cold damage

Power (At-Will • Cold): Free Action. All damage dealt by this weapon is cold damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.

Power (Daily • Cold): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with the weapon. The target takes 1d8 cold damage and is slowed until the end of your next turn.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads