A Brief Interlude





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62
  1. #1
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan

    A Brief Interlude

    Ok here we go hope I don;t get shot for doing this kind of backwards.

    This is a one shot encounter I wish to have set off another adventure I will be proposing as soon as I figure the LvL for it.

    This is for the following specific characters and their characters from the http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing...iscretion.html game.

    Judge:
    Unknown
    DM: HolyMan
    Starting Date: May 11, 2011
    Finish Date: May 22, 2011

    Rewards
    Experience: 465xp to each player
    Gold: 587gp to each player
    DMC: + 0.77 DMCs to HM

    Players:

    @perrinmiller
    @GlassEye
    @Songdragon
    @Gerald007

    If you all will be so kind to post leaving the Inn and then entering the market we will begin.

    HM
    Last edited by HolyMan; Monday, 23rd May, 2011 at 04:34 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

 

  • #2
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan
    After a good days rest at the Dunn Wright and of course some grand meals cooked up by the cook Zitteaux it was finely time to head out into Venza.

    And more importantly to head over to Arcane Row to see if there was anything of use to people of your profession.

    The canal's are busy today and it seems like all the halfling gondoliers are doing is arguing more than rowing. After twenty minutes of not moving the group decided to disembark and head into the market that leads to Arcane Row and The Mystic Pearl.

    The market area is a vast open area of stalls and shops that "grew up" around Arcane Row in hopes that some coin would fall through the cracks. It is said that not all gear is magical or used to chop orcs into bits. And it is in this that the merchants ply their trade. Everything and anything is possible to find in the market.

    As more and more vendors found a spot to pitch a stall the need for services and food stuffs grew along with size of the market. Today it is almost like a living person. In good times it grows fat and burst at the seams with tents, booths or just someone carrying their wares on large poles. In lean times it is nestled up so close to the streets of Arcane Row that it is possible to find a few tid bits of magic outside the usual corridor of vendors.

    Borrik, Zelena, Fury, and Sylvain move through the streets that are full of people going about their daily lives. Shopping, working, or relaxing they fill the market, but at least they are moving. And the group keeps an eye out as they move towards The Mystic Pearl (one never knows where a deal could be found).
    Last edited by HolyMan; Thursday, 12th May, 2011 at 06:07 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #3
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,288
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric is ambling along, laden with the extra loot he is dragging around. Each clank of his heavy step emphasizes the fact that he needs to sell the extra gear they acquired recently.

    "Cor! This pack is heavy. First thing I am going to do is sell the extra chain shirt I got stuffed in here. Hopefully the shopkeeper has some good banded mail."

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 21 (19 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 33 Current: 33
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #4
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,321

    Ignore GlassEye

    Fury, male human rogue/bard

    Fury walks the street with a confidence born of knowing where you belong. And Fury belongs in Venza. He smiles and touches a finger to his brow as he passes a White Cloak. Not too far in the past he would have been running or hiding from the guard of the City of Glass. Musing, though still watchful, he slips a fruit unnoticed from a distracted vender's cart and munches on it as he walks.

    "Sell an armor, buy an armor. It's enough for me to have only one, with just a bit of magic to deflect that gutshot into something a little less lethal. Man shouldn't see his insides too frequently, I think."

  • #5
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,288
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    Fury watches Borric collect all his sharp tools of destruction with amusement. "I know it's best to be prepared..." He peeks at Borrics bulging backpack. "...but how many suits of armor do you have in there?"
    "Mate, you got a point. I got one suit too many. I keep a spare chain shirt to sleep in when out in the field since I cannot get a decent rest wearing this breastplate. Don't want to be caught in my pajamas when monsters attack our campsite. Heck, in some of these brothels around here, I wear it just in case."

    "I am thinking about selling this guisarme and sticking with my flail only. After the mage-killler is my weapon of choice. With our band not being so crowded, I am not sure I need the reach weapon to fight over some bloke's shoulder anymore. I should probably keep my shield ready instead and stay right up front, neh?"

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 21 (19 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 33 Current: 33
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #6
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    As the gnome falls in beside the men she comments, "You do know Borric, you could have sold that armor in the city. I do not think you get any more for it in on the Row, then there. But you seem to be a glutton for punishment..." She giggles as Borric hauls along his goods.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,288
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    "Lass, I was busy. After grabbing an ale and spending time in the Night Court, this is the first chance I have had to go shopping. Let me tell you what I have been doing..."

    He proceeds to tell the gnome and Fury about the sorted activities in graphic detail of the sexual tricks and games that went on at the establishment he and Syl were in.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 21 (19 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 33 Current: 33
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #8
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,321

    Ignore GlassEye

    Fury, male human rogue/bard

    Fury laughs at Zelena's comment; he was thinking much the same. Quickly, before Borric can get too deep into descriptions he continues, "I see your point." He touches the fine links of his own chain shirt. "This is supple enough I can sleep in it in the field though I prefer inns to fields. And light; anything heavier would slow me down too much. Those dwarves sure know their stuff. Or maybe it was elves what made it. Can't remember and don't really care so long as it keeps my gizzard in place. Speaking of slow..." Fury stops (again) to give his slower companions time to catch up and fingers some goods from a zealously watchful merchant.

    "Gods, you'd think I was a thief the way that man was giving me the eagle eye!" he says as the group continues on.

  • #9
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    Zelena talks to Fury trying to ignore Borric's sexual exploits... "I too wear some nicely crafted chain, not like yours, but it works. I was hoping to find a nice brestplate made of that mithral. I do not think I have enough for that though. I may look into a mithral blade and maybe one of the magical backpacks. I will see what can be found."

    Laughs at Fury, "Or maybe he just wants you to buy something..."

  • #10
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,321

    Ignore GlassEye

    Fury, male human rogue/bard

    "We're supposed to buy this stuff?" He looks at the pretty little gewgaw in his palm that is fairly certain he didn't pay for then tosses it to a doe-eyed urchin. The urchin catches it with a grace born of much practice and vanishes into the press of the crowd.

    Fury leans over to stage whisper to Zelena. "I wouldn't say breastplate if I were you. It might set Borric off on another one of his stories; big stories to compensate for, well..." He laughs.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Interlude: Sands of Pain
      By Messageboard Golem in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Tuesday, 14th January, 2003, 05:00 AM
    2. (IR) IR Interlude, Turn 5 - Turn 6 (No fighting during the Interlude)
      By Edena_of_Neith in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 202
      Last Post: Thursday, 21st March, 2002, 10:41 PM
    3. (IR) IR Interlude, between Turns 3 and 4
      By Edena_of_Neith in forum Archive-threads
      Replies: 190
      Last Post: Thursday, 7th March, 2002, 04:28 AM
    4. (IR) IR Interlude, between Turns 3 and 4
      By Edena_of_Neith in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 190
      Last Post: Thursday, 7th March, 2002, 04:28 AM
    5. Help with a city interlude, please?
      By Buttercup in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: Saturday, 23rd February, 2002, 09:11 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •