A Brief Interlude

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok here we go hope I don;t get shot for doing this kind of backwards.

This is a one shot encounter I wish to have set off another adventure I will be proposing as soon as I figure the LvL for it.

This is for the following specific characters and their characters from the http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/299293-lpf-soul-indiscretion.html game.

Judge:
Unknown
DM: HolyMan
Starting Date: May 11, 2011
Finish Date: May 22, 2011

Rewards
Experience: 465xp to each player
Gold: 587gp to each player
DMC: + 0.77 DMCs to HM

Players:

@perrinmiller
@GlassEye
@Songdragon
@Gerald007

If you all will be so kind to post leaving the Inn and then entering the market we will begin.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
After a good days rest at the Dunn Wright and of course some grand meals cooked up by the cook Zitteaux it was finely time to head out into Venza.

And more importantly to head over to Arcane Row to see if there was anything of use to people of your profession.

The canal's are busy today and it seems like all the halfling gondoliers are doing is arguing more than rowing. After twenty minutes of not moving the group decided to disembark and head into the market that leads to Arcane Row and The Mystic Pearl.

The market area is a vast open area of stalls and shops that "grew up" around Arcane Row in hopes that some coin would fall through the cracks. It is said that not all gear is magical or used to chop orcs into bits. And it is in this that the merchants ply their trade. Everything and anything is possible to find in the market.

As more and more vendors found a spot to pitch a stall the need for services and food stuffs grew along with size of the market. Today it is almost like a living person. In good times it grows fat and burst at the seams with tents, booths or just someone carrying their wares on large poles. In lean times it is nestled up so close to the streets of Arcane Row that it is possible to find a few tid bits of magic outside the usual corridor of vendors.

Borrik, Zelena, Fury, and Sylvain move through the streets that are full of people going about their daily lives. Shopping, working, or relaxing they fill the market, but at least they are moving. And the group keeps an eye out as they move towards The Mystic Pearl (one never knows where a deal could be found).

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric is ambling along, laden with the extra loot he is dragging around. Each clank of his heavy step emphasizes the fact that he needs to sell the extra gear they acquired recently.

"Cor! This pack is heavy. First thing I am going to do is sell the extra chain shirt I got stuffed in here. Hopefully the shopkeeper has some good banded mail."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 21 (19 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, male human rogue/bard

Fury walks the street with a confidence born of knowing where you belong. And Fury belongs in Venza. He smiles and touches a finger to his brow as he passes a White Cloak. Not too far in the past he would have been running or hiding from the guard of the City of Glass. Musing, though still watchful, he slips a fruit unnoticed from a distracted vender's cart and munches on it as he walks.

"Sell an armor, buy an armor. It's enough for me to have only one, with just a bit of magic to deflect that gutshot into something a little less lethal. Man shouldn't see his insides too frequently, I think."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Fury watches Borric collect all his sharp tools of destruction with amusement. "I know it's best to be prepared..." He peeks at Borrics bulging backpack. "...but how many suits of armor do you have in there?"
"Mate, you got a point. I got one suit too many. I keep a spare chain shirt to sleep in when out in the field since I cannot get a decent rest wearing this breastplate. Don't want to be caught in my pajamas when monsters attack our campsite. Heck, in some of these brothels around here, I wear it just in case."

"I am thinking about selling this guisarme and sticking with my flail only. After the mage-killler is my weapon of choice. With our band not being so crowded, I am not sure I need the reach weapon to fight over some bloke's shoulder anymore. I should probably keep my shield ready instead and stay right up front, neh?"

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Songdragon

Explorer
As the gnome falls in beside the men she comments, "You do know Borric, you could have sold that armor in the city. I do not think you get any more for it in on the Row, then there. But you seem to be a glutton for punishment..." She giggles as Borric hauls along his goods.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

"Lass, I was busy. After grabbing an ale and spending time in the Night Court, this is the first chance I have had to go shopping. Let me tell you what I have been doing..."

He proceeds to tell the gnome and Fury about the sorted activities in graphic detail of the sexual tricks and games that went on at the establishment he and Syl were in.

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer

Fury laughs at Zelena's comment; he was thinking much the same. Quickly, before Borric can get too deep into descriptions he continues, "I see your point." He touches the fine links of his own chain shirt. "This is supple enough I can sleep in it in the field though I prefer inns to fields. And light; anything heavier would slow me down too much. Those dwarves sure know their stuff. Or maybe it was elves what made it. Can't remember and don't really care so long as it keeps my gizzard in place. Speaking of slow..." Fury stops (again) to give his slower companions time to catch up and fingers some goods from a zealously watchful merchant.

"Gods, you'd think I was a thief the way that man was giving me the eagle eye!" he says as the group continues on.

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena talks to Fury trying to ignore Borric's sexual exploits... "I too wear some nicely crafted chain, not like yours, but it works. I was hoping to find a nice brestplate made of that mithral. I do not think I have enough for that though. I may look into a mithral blade and maybe one of the magical backpacks. I will see what can be found."

Laughs at Fury, "Or maybe he just wants you to buy something..."

GlassEye

Adventurer

"We're supposed to buy this stuff?" He looks at the pretty little gewgaw in his palm that is fairly certain he didn't pay for then tosses it to a doe-eyed urchin. The urchin catches it with a grace born of much practice and vanishes into the press of the crowd.

Fury leans over to stage whisper to Zelena. "I wouldn't say breastplate if I were you. It might set Borric off on another one of his stories; big stories to compensate for, well..." He laughs.

Remove ads