A Brief Interlude

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena watches at Fury moves from the Ape, not quite sure what he is up too. She calls upon her arcane powers, singing her arcane words and tossing up a small bit of an amber substance. She disappears from sight and moves to take up her companions last spot.

Cast Vanish and move to G-6

[sblock=Zelena's Status]Gnome Cleric 1/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: Bless, Invisible
AC: 19 (13 touch; 17 flat-footed)
HP: 26 of 26
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +7
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Bless, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 2 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining [/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Sylvain moves to F9, the spot Borric abandoned, hoping to get out of range of the ape while Borric and Fury began their assault on it. "Watch out for the spiders, guys." Seeing Fury move into position to strike, the witch exclaims, "Good on you, Fury! Cleave that beast through!"

OOC: Move action to get out of reach. Standard action to use Fortune Hex for Fury.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

OOC: I think Gerald007 means a 5ft step to F9. No AoO please. ;)
Borric shies away from the spiders and focuses on the task at hand, the big ugly ape. Dropping his guisarme, he readies his shield once more and slide steps forward under the reaching arms of the beast and quick draws 'mageslayer'.

"Alight ya baboon, time to tussle."

Trying to avoid the spiders has made Borric's blow not very effective, he connects but is only able to smash the creature's big toe.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Ready shield
Free Action: Drops guisarme at H-10, 5ft step to H11, Quick Draw Flail & Talking
Standard Action: Attack green ape; MWK Flail (1d20+9=28, 1d8+3=4) [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 21 (19 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Shield & MWK 'mageslayer' flail[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The first ape disappears after Borric deals it a killing blow. It shimmers out of existence surely conjured up by magic.

After the big ape is gone Fury moves up closer to the other but is cautious even after Sylvain cheers him on.

Zelena is even more cautious and disappears from the battle field.

Borric takes the fight to the creature in hopes to end it quickly. He gets a squeamish feeling when he crunches a few spiders under his boot, but the majority have now covered the ape so the one or two climbing up his leg prove no threat to him.

The ape screams as the swarm doesn't stop biting at him. Red welts form all over it's body. Then it's head cocks as if listening to something and it turns it's attention to Borric. The warrior raises his shield just in time to deflect the creatures fists.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT order
Code:
[U]Character           AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Fury                18  25  sap/[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
Zelena              19  26  shield/[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
Sylvain             12  [COLOR=Orange]11[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
Waltor              22  13  none/[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
Borric              20  33  flail&shield/[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
[COLOR=Lime]Ape[/COLOR][COLOR=White]                 14   [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]8[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=YellowGreen]distracted[/COLOR][/I]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• BI-rd4.jpg
    BI-rd4.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury continues with cautious grace and steps forward. He doesn't like the spiders but with all the strange things he's seen lately he just puts them down as another one. Mumbling to himself something about 'vitals' he attacks...

[sblock=Actions]
Move: 5 ft. step to G11
Standard: attack with rapier[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 1
Initiative: +6 Perception: +6

AC: 18 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 25 Current: 25
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +1 Ref: +9 Will: +2

In Hand: sap[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Rolled two attack rolls per Fortune Hex. Will go with the 16. Thanks Gerald! Nice that you get to take the better of the two regardless of rolling order.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Invisible, the gnome moves up to the remaining foe covered in spiders, but still on the attack. Zelena imbues her sword with a bit of her powers and strikes out at the ape.

Move to E-11 (move action), Arcane Strike (swift action), Attack (standard) 1d20+3=14 for 1d6+1=7 damage (of which 1 point is arcane)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat Over

Suddenly Zelena pops out of thin air, strikes the big ape with her slightly glowing blade, and it disappears.

The spiders drop to the ground and mill about without a target to attack.

OCC: Well I didn't call this a Brief Interlude for nothing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases