D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] What's a good wizard feat for level 6?

lordxaviar

Explorer
Greetings: I have some more questions, thanx for the insight… this is going to be a great NPC…

Hewett is listed as age 18 was that starting age or did he gain a level per 3 months of game time? I have an NPC age generator formula that would make him 30, the base line for most of the long campaigns I have played in had a minimum of 1 year per level. This included training, rest recuperation and repair. This method would make him 22.

I guess that he did this: +1 point at 4th Lv for Int – guess?)

Is he right handed or left handed
Straight or curly hair, cut, long, will he bald, as he ages
Living style, low, medium high, extravagant
Does he have friends, enemies? Lovers?
Outgoing or introvert.
Guessing from his city nature… he prefers not to rough it, stay in town preferable to camping in woods.

Future goals: Keep/tower, apprentice perhaps, research.
Don’t have to elaborate too much was just wondering if you had any thought on this, I will really try to keep to his personality.
He gave up the familiar so I guess he isn’t an animal type person. How is he about constructs? I have an idea along that line

feel like a job interview yet...lol

Trance-Zg

First Post
Summon elemental(reserve) would be nice option but it requires 4th level slot unfortunately, but it goes well with augmented summoning.

aboyd

Explorer
Hewett is listed as age 18 was that starting age or did he gain a level per 3 months of game time?
My DM wanted everyone to start at age 16, regardless of profession. So he took 2 years to get up to age 18 and level 6.

I guess that he did this: +1 point at 4th Lv for Int – guess?)
Correct.

Is he right handed or left handed
Straight or curly hair, cut, long, will he bald, as he ages
Living style, low, medium high, extravagant
Does he have friends, enemies? Lovers?
Outgoing or introvert.
Guessing from his city nature… he prefers not to rough it, stay in town preferable to camping in woods.
At your discretion. :)

Future goals: Keep/tower, apprentice perhaps, research.
I doubt he would gain a wizard's tower unless he was very self-assured. Don't forget: he's aware of his mediocrity, and he runs from fights that go badly. So he will not advertise himself as a powerful mage, nor a rich one. He will likely be interested in Glamer spells & items at a certain point, so that he can go about his business armed to the teeth even though he won't appear as such.

The only reason I can see for him to get a tower would be if it were remote and never advertised, so he could be safe & protected, or if he were in a town/village small enough to be a "big fish in a little pond." In other words, if he was assured that he was the most powerful wizard in the area, he might build a tower simply for the intimidation/respect benefits -- if he felt the tower would not draw ire or attention but rather encourage the populace to think him more powerful than he really was, he might be OK with that, as it would discourage attack.

If he had a tower, don't forget that he would have populated it with an annoying number of escape routes. And he would have rehearsed escaping through each route. And it's likely that none of his escape routes would also be entry routes. For example, a physical tunnel out? No. That's too easy for others to use as a way in. Instead, he would likely have a one-way portal or teleport device in each room. There may be other magical tricks to enable a safe escape, but my mind is elsewhere so I can't work through them all right now. :)

He gave up the familiar so I guess he isn’t an animal type person. How is he about constructs? I have an idea along that line
He would love a construct so long as nobody ever knew about it until it was too late. In other words, some kind of golem or something inside his home? Yeah, probably, if the golem was strong enough to one-shot kill intruders, so that none ever got away to tell others about it.

If you're thinking of something smaller to travel with him... probably not, unless he could hide it. A clockwork bogun? Perhaps, if it was cute and could fetch him things from the market. He'd want such a thing to be endearing and harmless, so as to ingratiate himself to people, if possible.

Again, he's always going to think self-preservation (which actually makes him an annoying enemy, as he will likely flee over & over again and never die). If making people in town love him will help to keep him alive, then he will take humble steps in that direction. If making people in town think he is supremely dangerous will help discourage attackers, then he will do that. If he can do both, he will. If there are other options, he will look at them too.

Remove ads