Interest Check: Shared creative setting

DrZombie

First Post
Sounds great. I love the setting :). Count me in, I'll figure out the system as we get started.

Is there anything off-limits technology-, race-, pantheon- or magicwise?

Dr Simon

Explorer
I guess I should get things moving on this front!

Okay, so anyone else interested, say so now.

DrZombie - no limits, really, although in the best style of improv there will be some genre conventions. As I said earlier, I'm thinking of a setting along the lines of Jack Vance's Dying Earth, or Gene Wolfe's New Sun series, so kind of far future so as to have come back around again; thus extremely advanced tech and magic (which may be the same thing) can rub shoulders, but beyond that it's a case of seeing what people bring to the party.

Insight

Adventurer
I'm still interested. I have zero knowledge of the series you referenced, but I doubt it will matter a whole lot. I can get my inspiration elsewhere.

Insight

Adventurer
You don't know Jack Vance? HERETIC ! BURN HIM !

No really, you should check out his books, they're worth your time.

Jack Vance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia should get you started, and if you only read one book I'd go for Eyes of the Overworld :)

Actually, it turns out I have some Jack Vance in my library of books I someday intend to read, but I don't think they are the "Dying Earth" books.

I did some research yesterday and they do seem interesting.

DrZombie

First Post
He wrote some good SF as well. Tschai, allastor,.. For some weird reason he was hugely popular in Belgium and the Netherlands, to such extent that one of his books got translated and published in dutch before coming out on the english market :)

Remove ads