The RNS Coaltongue

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A little art preview. The RNS Coaltongue is Risur's newest ship, a steam-powered battleship and the new flagship of the Royal Fleet. King Aodhan is scheduled to attend the launch ceremony.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305744533.543273.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305744533.543273.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 191

Colmarr

First Post
Named after the Emperor of a distant land, perhaps? ;)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who wondered!

As for the RNS Coaltongue, all I can say is "Holy :):):):)!". That's a level of tech far beyond what I had imagined would be in the campaign. I had imagined something more akin to the Monitor or the Merrimac than to the Queen Elizabeth.

I'm tempted to try to overanalyse the picture (eg the lack of obvious weapons other than the prow 'cannons' might suggest that magic still holds prime position in offensive warfare, unless all those portholes are in fact cannon ports) but maybe that's holding art to an impossibly high bar. Instead I'll try to wrap my head around how tech at that level will change the genre conventions of a D&D adventure.

Oh, and great picture!

Last edited:

mort655

Explorer
It reminds me of a fantasy version of the Titanic. I'm not sure what the relative technology level is, but the ship seems to be at higher part of it...which, I suppose, could be intentional.

From what little I have gleaned about the first adventure, isn't the Coaltounge supposed to be the first of its kind? A new modern warship for a new modern nation?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases