And the Uppity Shoeshine... (DM:twilsemail; Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
Blood Kaz says pointing to part of the tunnel. Perhaps the boy was wounded? It seems to end here, he says, pointing further down the tunnel.

OOC: Perception=19

Maybe the stealthy characters should walk outside the light and go in front?

Mewness

First Post
OOC: True, an advance scout is probably a Good Thing. Kaz I think is better than Scarm, as he's very nearly as stealthy and *much* more perceptive.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal also notices the large rodent corpses, "Looks lahk thayah not bayad withuh blayde huh?"
OOC: Perception 1d20+8=24

Eithal will take point within the light. If Luinnar is OK with Kaz scouting ahead, I'm OK. Just make sure the stealth rolls are high :).

Luinnar

First Post
Let this one scout ahead to spy any danger that may be lurking in the shadows. Kaz says, slinking out of the torchlight into the darkness.

OOC: Stealth=20. Passive Perception=25

Kaz has 7 speed and low-light vision.

twilsemail

First Post
GM: alright, I'm working on the next post, which will include a map. If any one has a preferred token or image, please send it my way. Apparently both RPtools and GIMP hate me. I'm confused on that second one as I've often used Gimp on this computer and my home machine. Anyway... MS Paint seems to be working alright. Post will be up around noonish. I can change tokens afterwards if need be.

twilsemail

First Post
Staying ahead of the party, Kaz scouts the tunnels ahead. The dripping of things best not identified becomes almost rhythmic; they lull him into a bit of a haze. He hardly notices the log floating down the tunnel. He certainly doesn’t notice anything amiss. He comes to another intersection and notes a chalk marking showing the path that Mikhael and Shod traveled. As he makes his way over a pipe acting as a makeshift bridge, he hears a rather sinister chuckling echoing down the tunnel. Fredrock is the first to spot the slow swish of the tail and the opening eyes on the log, he calls the others’ attention to the disguised crocodile.

GM: The “waters” of the sewer system run in a channel that is about 5 feet deep. Due to the slickness of the sides it will take a 12 on an athletics check to get out if you are knocked in.
GM:

The pipe crossing the northward tunnel (up) is a DC 9 athletics check to cross as normal. Alternately, a PC can cross it as difficult terrain without a check. Kaz does not require a check to step off onto the far side. Rolling initiative and then posting map, assuming Monsters are not first.

[sblock=Initiative Order]
Yishim, Kaz, Toeto and Eithal go before the Monsters get to act.
Then Monsters
Then everyone
Lather
Rinse
Repeat until Mosters are thoroughly trounced.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Active Perception 20]
There is something menacing in I17 it is invisible.
[sblock= Active Perception 25]
There is something else that is also menacing in M7 it is invisible.
[sblock= Active Perception 26]
There is something even more menacing in D13 it is invisible.
[sblock= Active Perception 31]
There is yet another something menacing in A13 it is invisible.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=DM]I'm not sure for nested s-blocks if I roll twice (it takes only one minor action?), or of it uses the same check.

Here are the rolls, I won't look at the second block until I hear back :)

Perception = 22
Perception = 35
[/sblock]

Himura Kazuhira shall handle this! Kaz shouts, rushing over to an attacker east of the group. He hefts his giant axe and slashes it down upon the creature.
[sblock=actions]
Minor:perception check
Move:I16
Standard: Bond of Pursuit 19 vs AC-5=14 (if miss I will use elven accuracy for a reroll) 15 damage (weapon is brutal 2) On hit: If the target doesn't end its next turn adjacent to Kaz, he can shift 4 squares as a free action, and must end the shift closer to the target.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 6,
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 25, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Low Light
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:19, Will:21
HP: 58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +8 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Amulet of Life +1
Aspect of Might
Strength of Many
Soul Seeker
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.

If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)

Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
GM: I forgot to note that the hidden enemies are invisible. Luinnar, you can change your turn or I'll give you the attack without penalty.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases